What's new

Where to play in Bristol

russdx1

Site Supporter
Alias
russdx
Hello does any one from around Bristol know best places to play / see pinball machines?

Regards
Russell

Pinformer doesn't show many pins worth playing ?

Junkyard in 5Alls Chepstow, recently overhauled, not too far from Bristol.

Indeed i tried a few locations using that map without any success. The railway tavern did not have a pinball any more :( and i drove an hour to frome to find Extra Life Video Game Bar has closed!!!

Will try Weston super mare next, MUST be some machines down there :)

I am from Bradley Stoke so the chepstow is not to far so might give that a go as well :)

At this rate might be easier to just buy one hehe.

Regards
Russell

I’m a newbie and live in Downend, Bristol , RUSSDX1. I’ve got 2 machines at the moment if you want a game sometime.

There's Three ( i think!) at the back of weston pier.... however a waste of time as they are NOT looked after....

WWE in Olympia arcade, and I think a couple of new sterns (Metalica? ACDC?) in Golden Gate Amusements on Regent Street in WSM..

Hello Spenny yes your just around the corner from me which is great, ill certainly take you up on your offer :)

I do remember a spider man on the pier couple of years ago hehe. Will have to have a visit to wsm again!

Indeed i tried a few locations using that map without any success. The railway tavern did not have a pinball any more :( and i drove an hour to frome to find Extra Life Video Game Bar has closed!!!

I am from Bradley Stoke so the chepstow is not to far so might give that a go as well :)

Regards
Russell
You're really unlucky on the timing unfortunately, as Extra Life in Frome has only recently closed down. It was originally supposed to be closing on July 17th but seems like it's happened already.

Spoke to the owner and he said that another company (?) is taking over the location and will have pinballs as well.

Tell me about it i was stood outside it today after a hour drive going ahhhhhh crap!!! lol. Is a real shame as i really wanted to play the Adams and Dungeons. Owner did email saying hopefully it will be returning :) not sure when though.

Regards
Russell

If you're driving for an hour then you might be interested in driving for a little longer and end up in Salisbury. Then you can pop in and say "Hi" at Special When Lit.... ;)

Website says around 15 machines? This sounds great. Is about a hour n 45 min drive from mine so would need to make a day of it i guess :) what days are you open? (also need to persuade gf to come and see pinball machines again she was not to happy with the other failed trip hehe)

drove down to brean leisure park as they have a quite good softplay for the kids and pinformer showed quite a few machines there. But could not find any of them!

Regards
Russell
The game bar has closed but some of the pins remain just in different locations. Family Guy and Dirty Harry moved to the Football Club (clubhouse open to the public every day except match days). DnD is at H&B Servicing Centre. There's also a JP at my house you're welcome to play if I'm in haha. £1 for 3 credits ;)

Regards
Russell
Junkyard in Chepstow has been removed.

drove down to brean leisure park as they have a quite good softplay for the kids and pinformer showed quite a few machines there. But could not find any of them!

Update pinformer, the more up to date it is the better it is. Helps people not have wasted journeys. If you can’t find pins on site it’s always worth an ask of one of the staff (not the kid that’s only started though) then update pinformer if pins are removed etc

Cheers
Ian

Will do,

Brean leisure park does not have any of there pins that i could see (also asked arcade staff / info desk) So if they are there they are well hidden!
I have already added a comment about the other pub (railway tavern)

Back
Top Bottom