What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goddammit Brean!

Zygaphorym

Registered
When I was going to visit my Granddad at his caravan in Brean, I asked if I could be dropped off near Brean Leisure Park so I can play some pinball and they allowed me half-an-hour. So I got out the car and went in...

The park had changed ownership recently and ALL their pins were gone. The whole pinball area had been converted to a new information center, leaving me quite devastated. I did see a virtual pinball cabinet in their general arcade but it was switched off.

This could've been decent practice for next Saturday's meet at Special but nope, Brean had to screw it up royally! The only pinball place local to me now is Weston-Super-Mare where the only decently-maintained machines are at Neil's Place (where I haven't been yet) and the Coffee Pot cafe (which has a nice-looking HS2). I guess not much has been lost in that regard but I feel like I've been cheated out of an opportunity.

I could be wrong, however from what I understand it used to be owned by Mather Corbett (yes, of sooty and sweep fame), who used to love pinball - hence the machines. However I believe it's been sold and the new owners don't have the same affinity....

Probably Paul. I did some research and found that the new owners are from Barry Island and my mother recently told me that Barry Island's getting a little run down.

Also, that Coney Island Retro Arcade sign is still there, taunting me.

I could be wrong, however from what I understand it used to be owned by Mather Corbett (yes, of sooty and sweep fame), who used to love pinball - hence the machines. However I believe it's been sold and the new owners don't have the same affinity....

Nearly Paul, it was Richard Cadell (he is the official Sooty having bought the rights) whose pins they were but when the park changed hands the pins were taken out.

I know he's selling some of his collection, if you see an EM on Ebay in Brean / Burnhan it's probably one of his!

They were mostly sold on ebay a few months ago and some before that. All pins have been sold now. I had a look at some of them but too much work for me.

Back
Top Bottom