What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where have all the pins gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a mod, we can't win as there is a right side and left side to everything. Shut a thread down and it is censorship, leave it open and we are not doing our (unpaid) jobs.
I have said myself, that folks can't put rules on others in a hobby, I strongly disagree with @VeeMonroe and do not think she should care about what others hoard. But I will also support her ability to have that view.

And @Jib making a comment that Vee is a troll is also fine, given the way Vee has positioned herself. My comment was to highlight that Vee is using her posts to try to engage people into a debate, something she enjoys and hopes to get others involved in. Maybe this appears to be trolling, but she isn't doing it to get a rise out of people but to have a discussion. Much like TV and radio host talk shows and get people to talk about a topic.

But again, I recognise she is annoying people in saying that how they enjoy the hobby is damaging and wrong. Plus, the voices from others are saying that they largely disagree.
As the Christmas lull is over, I will now lock this thread.

As an example, we've got a situation where Neil is banned for (at least with his first infringement in the ban process) what appeared to be just joking in questionable-taste
Neil was banned for continual rule infringement. Note use of the word Continual.

I have no issues with Neil personally in the slightest.

Interesting about how there are calls for this thread to be closed.... i mean, this is a discussion forum. If we took the line where "if someone complains then a thread should be closed" then there would be no threads open!
This is what forums are all about - Difference of opinion and discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom