What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your 'grail' pin?

teachp8

Registered
I love my current line up of three pins - LOTR, TS and CY (don't know if that means Cyclone or not but it looks okay to me.)

LOTR is quite simply one of the best games ever. TS is fast and furious and gives you a real sense of satisfaction when you beat it (never even got close to Valinor) but the dream game at the moment is Cyclone. It isn't deep, it doesn't have multiball, it has a limited shot selection and yet every time I play it I'm transported back to the late 80s/early 90s and I just can't get enough of the game. I consider myself fortunate to have found my 'grail' pin.
smile-1.png

What's your grail pin and why and have you been able to get hold of it?

It used to be MM back when they were selling for 3500. Then they went to silly prices and someone kindly loaned me one. I'd still have one at the right price but I'm not as desperate as I used to be. I'd like a nice AFM now but they seem to be heading the same way price wise

I really want a funhouse. It's the game that got me into pinball way back when. Like you say mark, doesn't matter what the game is, it transports you back to that time when life was good!!!

Now I'm all grown up and got responsibilities!!!

It has to be LOTR for me, and like Mark I'm lucky enough to own one. I can spend hours immersed in it's complexity. So much to try and do, and just as you are making good progress slogging through all the modes and multiballs, that ball makes a dive for an outlane or hits that Palantir target and ricochets down past the flippers. :mad: Not got to Valinor yet, nor do I ever expect to with the glass on, but that won't prevent me trying.

[Edit 16/2] On reflection, if a "grail" pin means one that you really want to own, but would be difficult to obtain, it would have to be a Tron LE, even though I have never actually played one! I have enjoyed playing the Pro version in the arcades immensely, and the lit up ramps, along with all the other extra features of the LE would makes it a very much desired addition to my collection. Unfortunately, I have missed the boat on getting one of these NIB now.
sad-1.png

I really like my STTNG - a keeper for sure. But I'd like a decent go on some of the Sterns (SM, LOTR) to see what they are like too.

Mines got to be RBION at the moment anyhow or maybe LOTR.

Really like RBION after playing Eddies at the welsh classic last year, now its on pinball arcade on the ipad and I cant put it down.

LOTR ive only played 2 or 3 times but it strikes me as very well thought out and deep.

Hopefully WOZ will be a grail pin though the theme doesn't do much for me (havent even seen the movie) Good to see some competition in the design of tables, keeps them innovating etc

Would have to be MM for me as its the only pin i really want that i havent been able to get hold of yet. Had a few chances in the past to buy one at a semi decent price or two, but i just couldnt bring myself to fork out 3K at the time (slaps forhead). Fast forward a few years and its looking more and more unlikely i will ever own it.

Fortunately, i managed to get hold of some equally amazing pins, so i can happily do without an MM forever if need be. No big deal...

Of all my pins, the newest usually has my upmost attention, so, by that reasoning TRON is my absolute fav at the mo...

Guess it would be Wizard Blocks as like the grail, it is unobtainable and it looks awesome:)

Circus Voltaire for me. Not the deepest, but has real energy and a good variety of things to do. Played it loads at the Pinball Museum in Ramsgate and everyone I was with thought it was the best pin as well.

When I first got into pins Tommy and Twilight Zone were 2 of my favourite machines...so I guess they were my grail pins. Was lucky enough to get them pretty quickly <back in the days of plentiful pins ....sigh> - Tommy was my first machine, and was fortunate enough to buy a beauty despite knowing little about pins then. Still have them both.

Since then there have been machines that I have taken a fancy to and tracked down - I500 and Swords Of Fury spring to mind.

Don't think I really have a 'Holy Grail' pin nowadays. I kind of like getting something that maybe I know nothing about, just for a complete change. Just see what comes along.

I would like another Popeye some day
biggrin-1.png

my grail pin is always my next one....when i'm bored with what i have i then look for another toy.lol

SS will be going soon so i'll decide then.lol

(2nd wife due in april also:p)

Back
Top Bottom