What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your Dream Pinball Lineup, Do you really even own yours, any future plans moving forward etc

RetroHeed

Registered
Alias
Scott
Based on what Pinball Machines are now currently available and upcoming, along with the previously released and classic Pins, do you even actually own your Dream Pinball Lineup ? Or are you planning to complete that ?

Maybe you are someone who just buys and sells Pins all the time. Or maybe you are someone who just rents pins and actually does not own any.

Do you see yourself currently with an end goal in this hobby.

Maybe you are one of those people who are happy and get the satisfaction of restoring them and moving them on.

You may even be a hoarder and will buy any old thing, just because you find it a cheap or what you believe to be a bargain.

Now more so now with NIB Pins at an all time high (and likely to increase), where are you at now with your Pinball Hobby ? Are you now out on NIB and sticking to classics and fixer uppers ? Or maybe you are happy with what you have already and not interested in any upcoming releases.

I am new to the scene here, but currently my Dream Pinball lineup will be 3 Machines, one Spooky, one CGC and one Stern. Those being, TNA, Pulp Fiction and Bond. Ideally for me eventually owning a 4th machine would be good to rotate out every 6 months or so, but that may not happen for a long time yet and likely years tbh.

Anyhow, I just wanted to see what everyone's thoughts are now, and where you might be going forward at this time.

this
IMG_0091.jpg
this
IMG_0093.jpg
and this
IMG_0104.jpg
oh andd this (once it leaves Italy)
1708816746530.png
Oh and this (once CGC build it)
1708816826891.png
then life will be absolutely 100,000,000,000 % Perfect...........

.. I think
oh... what... wait...

this.....
1708816986797.png
(...is remade)

All is well now, it is THE PERFECT line-up for me! Ahh

erm ..... ,,,

1708817173327.png
They're remaking what ?!? NOW MY LIFE WILL BE PERFECT !!!!

No matter how hard I try to convince myself what a perfect line-up is.... there is zero chance that is reality.

This hobby is a DISEASE !!! 😂
But it's awesome

i think

Last edited:
I’m not sure there is a “dream” lineup for me, and even if I had something close to that it would probably change regularly and I would be constrained by both suitable space and money. Frankly I’m still figuring out what I do and don’t like in a machine which I’d be able to play thousands of times at home. I like to think that I can find some good feature in almost any machine that isn’t an 80s Gottlieb!

I would like to pick up a modern machine within the next year or two to go with one of the EMs I currently own, but the time is not quite now.

Too many to choose!

The only one thats stayed the journey is GB. The only one I regret selling is TAFG

Add in MM, WH2O, CFTBL and FT and it's probably there or thereabouts
GB is in my dream lineup of pins to own also, but realistically I think 3 machines for me is best amount to own 🤷‍♂️

Dream line up....well that's a money no object thing, so I already have the air conditioned warehouse to put them in .....

....I want them all. Mwa haaa haa haaaa

this
View attachment 245337
this
View attachment 245338
and this
View attachment 245339
oh andd this (once it leaves Italy)
View attachment 245340
Oh and this (once CGC build it)
View attachment 245341
then life will be absolutely 100,000,000,000 % Perfect...........

.. I think
oh... what... wait...

this.....
View attachment 245342
(...is remade)

All is well now, it is THE PERFECT line-up for me! Ahh

erm ..... ,,,

View attachment 245343
They're remaking what ?!? NOW MY LIFE WILL BE PERFECT !!!!

No matter how hard I try to convince myself what a perfect line-up is.... there is zero chance that is reality.

This hobby is a DISEASE !!! 😂
But it's awesome

i think
What an amazing lineup of games. I completely forgot about the Back to The Future remake. BTTF by Dutch could be amazing, another totally unique company which likely will be packed and well built.

Your right its a disease, 8am the next day after posting and my thoughts are already changing ffs 😂

I have over 35 machines, I would like to get that down, and to add a couple of grail titles. Not much from the LCD era attracts me
If I was to add more games, 1980's Bally's and a few sys 11's would make me happy

What I have that I will not be moving on; Sinbad, Flash Gordon, Card Whiz, Funhouse, CFTBL, White Water, Cirqus Voltaire, Attack From Mars, Ironman, Godzilla

Last edited:
Well, after playing hundreds (literally) of different pins - I have my (almost) dream line-up: TNA, JP2, GZ, Fish Tales, and a classic (currently Centaur. I haven't played enough to know if I'd prefer Fathom).

I'm also fulfilling (very slowly) my bucket list item of doing a playfield replacement on another classic, Alien Poker. I have a long-term plan to add a custom, interactive topper and updated code.

I've always fancied a JJP and like variety, so we're currently experimenting with renting an Elton John. I think, if we had more space, I'd consider Pulp Fiction (but I'd need to play it a LOT more to make that decision), Black Hole, and the return of Lord of the Rings.

I always feel I should own a Pat Lawlor (Addam's Family, TZ, Whirlwind or Roadshow), but I think I'm being completionist at that point.

Deadpool
LOT Rings
Lebowski
Pulp
Eight Ball Deluxe
White water
Attack From Mars

I can't put Back to the Future on only because I haven't seen it but I'm sure it will be amazing.

I can't see myself selling Theatre or Batman66 so doubt that list will ever happen.

Well if there’s no limit then everything! But as you’ve listed 3 I’ll stick to that number. Boring to some but I’d go with all modern sterns, JP, GZ and TMNT. I’m lucky enough to have all 3 atm but things change, new games come out, fall out of love with games, want to try something new, tastes change etc etc.

JP was my first real machine and at that time my plan was JP, a MM and my vpin I already had. I probably wouldn’t buy a MM now as I think I’d get bored of it quickly because of how much I play. I’d have a vpin back in the future though.

Guess I’m lucky and my current lineup is my dream one.

I still hanker for AFMr ce and may chase one down some point.

I’ve lost all FOMO now as NIB Limited Editions are now a money pit.
I am looking forward to getting some time on PF & EJ as well as the new crop of titles over TPF.

I always seem to get my dream lineup then get bored sell it and want it back again 😂
I have weird taste but these are the pins I have enjoyed the most and always missed! I have weird taste as seem to like the less popular titles!
Dm
Jm
Debm or Rc tough one
Tftc or lw3 tough one
Sst
Xmen
Sm
Gb
Ehoh
Halloween
Also labyrinth & wrestlemania le on my nostalgia list!

Two recent pins I absolutely love are Alien LV and TBL. The latter is currently my favourite after adding Invisiglass and the sound upgrade SSD (full songs from the soundtrack). The bowling lower PF and upper PF make it a cut above IMO, which I guess is reflected in the price. It's a cool theme too, dude.

Alien is great for the immersion, with two movies in one, and they've now finally added some Ripley audio and video (need more audio!). There's also the topper which I just ordered.

Frankly I haven't got room for more pins currently, and really space is the final frontier for collecting pins, is it not? The limiting factor! I've found it easier to squeeze in some more arcade cabs, which are much cheaper than pins too.

Deadpool
LOT Rings
Lebowski
Pulp
Eight Ball Deluxe
White water
Attack From Mars

I can't put Back to the Future on only because I haven't seen it but I'm sure it will be amazing.

I can't see myself selling Theatre or Batman66 so doubt that list will ever happen.
You have just revealed your top 50 mate. Lol

WH20 when you own one might change your order.

I got my top games: Dog Ball, Drive Thru (Creature) and Diner. So I guess my life is complete now and I can die happy 😄

There's a few games I wouldn't mind having if I won the lottery and had the space/money (or just temp swaps with others), but for now...

My “I would sell a kidney” dream themes have yet to be made.

FFS my dream lineup has changed, now it is,

TNA (own)
Godzilla Pro (own)
Pulp Fiction
Deadpool

Bond out GZ back in. It was always a toss up between GZ and Bond for me. But after having a GZ in the house, it's quite simply fantastic in every way it can be as a complete package. By far the best all rounded modern LCD I have played. As a fan of Japanese video games, GZ feels like a video game in some ways, most likely due to the deeper rules, topped off with Japanese speech callouts on top is enough for me.

A 4th dream game also added with that being DP, as that was always on the dream list also. I want this even for the audio and pixel art alone.

But I still would love a Bond ffs, having the fear I'll be posting in the confessional thread soon enough.

Reactions: Jib
FFS my dream lineup has changed, now it is,

TNA (own)
Godzilla Pro (own)
Pulp Fiction
Deadpool

Bond out GZ back in. It was always a toss up between GZ and Bond for me. But after having a GZ in the house, it's quite simply fantastic in every way it can be as a complete package. By far the best all rounded modern LCD I have played. As a fan of Japanese video games, GZ feels like a video game in some ways, most likely due to the deeper rules, topped off with Japanese speech callouts on top is enough for me.

A 4th dream game also added with that being DP, as that was always on the dream list also. I want this even for the audio and pixel art alone.

But I still would love a Bond ffs, having the fear I'll be posting in the confessional thread soon enough.
Your dream line up hasn’t just changed it’s gone from 3 to 4! 😂 Wonder how long before it’s 5…

Adding DP prem to mine, don’t know why it didn’t click with me first time round, I definitely prefer the prem over the pro but it’s not just that, what I like has just changed a bit and DP is the complete package.

So mine currently is JP, GZ, DP & TMNT.

Back
Top Bottom