What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What was the first machine you owned?

pinball pool (Gottlieb) bought at an auction in about 1985 for less than £100 (cant remember exactly) remember it was a toss up between this or a sit down star wars cab.. Who would want one of them anyhow :rofl:

Had a broken drop target (11 ball) but was still playable (ish). my dad binned it a few months after i moved out of home. :mad:

Gottlieb Aquarius around 82/83. Was running an opticians in South Shields and one of my customers was dodgy AF. His wife ran a second hand shop that was always getting raided for fenced gear and he kept getting sent to Durham nick where he managed to ruin his spex at an alarming rate.
I sorted him with glasses at the right price and when a pinball landed he’d ask me if I wanted it. As they were free I’d say yes, got a Mibs off him as well as a pachinko, basically if owt with balls landed he’d give me a ring.

Williams Big Guns, winning bid of £150 on ebay in the mid 2000's as it was sold as faulty. It was going into test mode on power up, just needed fresh batteries and switch cleaning.

I wasn't a great fan of it so I stripped it down and took all the mechs and plastics off the playfield with the intention of making my own homebrew table and whiteboard. Realised that was unlikely to happen due to my workload so put it all back together and got some pin practice on it. For people who are new to pinball it is a reasonably fun table but it's not in my personal top ten list.

First coin op barcrest circle skill bandit £50 from happy dayz small heath , june 14th 1983

first pin Stern Magic
first williams black knight
first bally centaur - still have it
first gottlieb haunted house
first other - zac magic castle
first alpha numeric f14
first dot matrix star trek de
first full size dot matrix getaway
first LCD Batman 66
first video tutankhan in a video master

MAGIC RECEIPT.jpg

Twilight Zone 2006 bought in north Cyprus £900 when I had a holiday home, she got the holiday home and I got the T.Z.
Shipped it back to the U.K in 2018. Did a total restoration last year, I love it even more.

Attachments

• IMG_6167.png
    IMG_6167.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5542.jpeg
    IMG_5542.jpeg
    98.1 KB · Views: 17
Walking Dead LE, £6650 NIB, November 2015. I was such a greenhorn I had to Google if it was OK to switch them on and off regularly as I assumed they should be left on all day like they would be in an arcade 😄.

There are too many Pins I haven't owned so wouldn't own it again, kept it for a year and sold it to @JustLikeMe .

The Shadow!
Loved it, had to disconnect backbox to get it in the house, took 3 hours to connect everything and luckily all was good…. then had sound and dmd issues which a new ribbon cable fixed.

Wh2o - £600 from a seller in Blackpool around 2002.... missing the gorilla since apparently the "glass was smashed and it was stolen" in a pub....

A Gottlieb Drop-A-Card in 1989, for £100 - small ad in Pinball Player...

Lent to a friend and now not sure where it is - I thin k it may still be in Edinburgh somewhere.

Attachments

• drop a card.jpg
    drop a card.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 18
Fish Tales in 2012, an eBay auction that Mrs Tox won while I was out walking our dog. Cost us £825 which I thought was a fortune at the time.

Back
Top Bottom