What's new

What pins would you put a pinsound in ?

mission65

Site Supporter
Alias
Tony Molloy
Carrying on from comments earlier,
What pins would you put a pinsound in ?

And would you change the speakers and for what ?

We would only use pinsound if installing alternative sounds..( a pinsound board always warrants a speaker upgrade otherwise it's a waste of time!) . Normally an upgrade of all the speakers with an l-pad ( optional, gives you more overall control..but still noticeably great without). and a crossover on the sub (oversized 8" or 10") is more than adequate. But we have to admit being able to control the sub separately and bass treble settings is a welcome addition to all pinball machines......just my opinion is all. Without question pinsound is a great innovation.....:popcorn:could spend the cost of a pinsound on upgrade speakers, silicon flipper rubbers, leds, new silicon rubbers new post rubbers and star posts and still have change!!.....just saying is all.......;)

I thought it sounded great in a t2 at one of the shows

No doubt it sounded great but the price is ridiculous and you'll never recoup a penny of it at re-sale.

I wanted it for creech. Would be great with some original 50s classics playing. But like stated.. a big waste of money that really doesn't add any value to the machine as it's not everyones cup of tea.
Just buy a stern and upgrade sound for free

It sounds great in all movie style games bar cftbl it’s awesome in IJ
T2 dr WHO JM HS2 SW STTNG
Games I have put it in and sounds pants TOM TZ TAF SS MB MM plus lots of other I find some games much harder to play with pin sound in as you relied on the call outs for some stuff wh20 was also shocking with it lots of bugs too
As for adding value like most mods adds zero value really same as pdi glass nice to have but not worth the money
Pinsound is a great option though if you have shot sound board though
So my opinion is yes it’s certainly worth buying one if you have several machines to try in or even just one you can always remove it if you sell the pin
I think the residual value on pinsound is good I think you would be looking at £200 to sell on I am always getting asked to sell pinsound and colour displays separately

Would you upgrade the speakers Chris on keepers, and if so are the pinballpro the way to go, wasn’t someone doing these in the UK ?

Doesn't it just, I think the guns n roses track is needed for multiball though?

I think it is Pinsound emulation that it is running on my recently purchased Visual Pinball table. @Pick Holder can probably confirm. Super impressed with STNGG on it and CFTBL also had it. Still going through it all but had a weird issue last night. Addams Family VP10 was using the alternate soundtrack, VP9 was using the standard one. I tried forcing VP9 to use the alternate soundtrack but ended up with a 3rd soundtrack I'd never heard before :hmm:

Last edited:
I rated it very highly on my GNR and IJ (if you can get hold of the one mix thats ace)

Had it on and was meh or mixed at best TOM, TAF, LOTR, TZ, STNG (never bothered with AFM, MB, TOTAN, SS as by and large the WPC audio is excellent). Never bothered to try on FT or WH20 as I'd given hope of any decent sound mixes for those. I'd really hoped it would improve LOTR given the relatively low sample rate of the original (although it's a great score) but it sadly wasn't as good. Oh and I put it in the CFTBL I had borrowed and it almost made me puke.

Didn't need to improve my TWD LE or AC/DC premium.

So does anyone keep Pinball pro speakers in the uk ?
Or do you import them

Would you upgrade the speakers Chris on keepers, and if so are the pinballpro the way to go, wasn’t someone doing these in the UK ?

I’ve had upgraded speaker kits from New Forest Pinball and they worked well. Some great looking cabinet speakers.

I've got one in a TOM, nothing wrong with it but it's a bit of a waste of time. Shame because I'd take it out and put it in something a bit more worthwhile but I don't have the original A-16917 board and they seem to cost the same as a PinSound these days.

Put one in my GNR - sounds amazing and much better hearing the actual album songs instead of the lower quality samples of the original sounds.

Put it in my DE SW and i tweaked the OST soundtrack, and personally I love it. Although I must say first board i had a fault, sent it back though and got a replacement with no issues.

Back
Top Bottom