What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What it’s like to be a pinball operator

This comment goes against a commonly heard view: "Reliability is always a key issue for operators, and he reckons things have improved in recent times. “Bally Williams games used to go wrong even when they were brand new. But we are seeing Stern games now that are really reliable,” he says. “Partly it’s because there’s not a lot going on mechanically, but Stern Spiderman is my most reliable game,” he adds"

Debunking a myth maybe?

It's an interesting one. I've not had many problems with my B/W games, and had far niggles from new Sterns (like LEDs coming out of spotlights and dropping in to the trough, completely disabling the game until the trough is removed to retrieve the bulb.) But I guess I have to be careful about drawing conclusions from my own limited experience. An operator (like Pinball Geoff) has much more data to work with.

Back
Top Bottom