What's new

WH20

Drew.m

Site Supporter
Alias
Drew
Help!! very nearly completed the shift from a shot cabinet to an Addams Cab (i will post the process at a later date) reassembled and the glass wont fit e.g. top canyon too tall glass only clears the bigfoot cave entrance if you push it slightly. Any help would be really appreciated as i am at a bit of a loss, i have mounted the playfield support 34.5cm high as advised by a WH20 owner.IMG_3309.jpg

I’m pretty sure my boulders slide under the back box a little further as I have a LED strip illuminating the boulders from above. You’re has no clearance at all: somethings awry

They affix from underneath the boulders... with screws down through the top...

EDIT for clarity... Light turrets inserted from the bottom... Screwed through the holes in the top...

Thanks, yes your flasher turrets are lower than mine which is weird, my turrets are mounted in the same way as yours Paul. The thing i don't understand is: if the playfield mount is at the correct height 34.5cm and the playfield lower supports are correct 3" how can the playfield be to high, if the playfield mounts were lower the angle of the playfield would be too shallow.

Correct height perhaps but are they an inch or two too far forward from the back of the cabinet..?

Pretty sure they are also correct i got the measurements from: WW from the back 49cm, 34.5 cm from the base 58.5cm and 31cm t

IIRC the flashers on the rear mountains are mounted on a bracket / stand off that prevents them from protruding too far.
Thanks Grizz, i will sort that when back home, it will still be a little high which is concerning me a little, how close to the glass is the Bigfoot cave entrance boulder to the glass on yours? if anyone can confirm

Sorry i will finish the sentence i started f anyone can confirm the measurement that would be very helpful

Drew

The thing i don't understand is: if the playfield mount is at the correct height 34.5cm and the playfield lower supports are correct 3" how can the playfield be to high, if the playfield mounts were lower the angle of the playfield would be too shallow.

The depth from the top of the cabinet is more important than the height from the bottom(in this case), the cabinet isn’t necessarily exactly the same.

Doesn’t really matter that much as the mounting brackets for the mountains (!) can be moved down slightly or the domes can be retracted more into the mountains by using slightly longer mounts etc. You also seem to be missing the top glass receiver that the playfield glass slides into.

Any inaccuracy in the playfield pitch can be corrected by the leg levellers later.

The depth from the top of the cabinet is more important than the height from the bottom(in this case), the cabinet isn’t necessarily exactly the same.

Doesn’t really matter that much as the mounting brackets for the mountains (!) can be moved down slightly or the domes can be retracted more into the mountains by using slightly longer mounts etc. You also seem to be missing the top glass receiver that the playfield glass slides into.

Any inaccuracy in the playfield pitch can be corrected by the leg levellers later.
Thanks Ian, it would be great if someone could give me the measurement from the cab top to the support for comparison, i haven't put the playfield receiver in yet, the cab looked like this at 8am SundayIMG_3293.jpg

Thanks for everyone’s help I think I am nearly there, I will post a log of the project (not as easy as I thought the cab swap would be!)

Back
Top Bottom