What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WCS94 strange awards (GOAL from diverter switch?)

Spadge

Registered
I'm really not sure that I'm supposed to sometimes get a GOAL awarded from the diverter switch on the top left. It doesn't happen all the time, just some part into the game. I need to watch closely when it's awarded and see what modes are lit.

I've troubleshooted the switch matrix and it doesn't look like the a switch is shorted elsewhere or a diode is done-for (eg. goal trough opto). I did find that the GOALIE LEFT & RIGHT will fail to trigger the opto switches as it's been rebuilt incorrectly, i'll sort that at the weekend. I replaced the GOAL TROUGH optos as they weren't working before hand and the goal scored and striker awards are recognised properly now.

Still having trouble with the DIVERTER HOLD, the coil doesn't move, get continuity from the power and driver leads from the back box. When testing the diverter, it kind of moves half way. Have read this can be problematic and will have another faff with it tomorrow. This kind of stopped working recently and am not sure why.

That diverter can be a pain in the ass. If you don't have that coupling with the grub screw in the right place or the wrong way round, it kind of binds it. If you have power to the coil it should fire. Love the game, hate that diverter

The goalie on mine has been put back on wrong so that it doesn’t trigger the left/right optos. Will sort that this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom