What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warlok - Flipper Problems!

Squelch

Registered
Hi all,

I've had my Warlok for many years now, and whilst I don't know much about pinball from a technical stance, I know enough to be able to fix basic issues.
Just recently the game stopped registering orbit shots. For those not familiar, the ball simply has to pass through 2 gates in order to be awarded this shot.
I opened up the table and lifted the play field to check the contacts underneath the gates that are used on the orbit shot. They looked more or less ok. I adjusted one of the contact so that it didn't have to travel quite so far to make contact, as it seemed like it was a little too far away.

I put the play field back down, started a new game and whizzed a few balls up through the orbit shot. Some of them registered, and some didn't.
I removed the ball and then picked the playfield back up again to have another look at the contacts under the gates, however this time when I lifted the playfield, it sort of acted like I'd just tilted it, and then ended the game. Didn't think much of it at the time. Carried on looking and then put the playfield back down again.

Started a new game to test it again and now the flippers are dead.
I can't see anything disconnected, and I opened the back and I everything seems connected back there too.

Is anyone able to help with this?

Can take and attach pics if it'll help.

Welcome to the forum squelch, nice to see more locals :wave:

I'm not big on Williams but others are and will be along to help. In the meantime I'd be testing fuses (machine off, remove fuse, check continuity), power supply F4 in particular, can easy short something lifting a powered playfield.

Thank you for the welcome astyy,

After my first post I went back to have another look, and I found this...

IMG_2445.jpg

Looking at the diagram, it refers to F4, just as you suggested, and I'm not an expert but the corresponding fuse above does not look brilliant.
I don't have a spare 10A to hand, so I can't test it right now, but does that look like it could cause the problems described?

It defo looks blown and F4 would take the flippers out. It should be a 10A Fast Blow. Hopefully, an easy fix once replaced and just a temp short when the pf was lifted. If the replacement fuse blows (get a few!) its onto more troubleshooting.

Thank you for your replies astyy. I'm away with work for 2 weeks from tomorrow, so will try to get that fuse today and will update here if it fixes the problem.

If you happen to be this side of Reading (well Chineham), I have a few here you can have.

Oh wow, that's amazing.. thank you!

I've been into 2 electrical stores and they haven't even seen a fuse that size before.
What confused me tho, was it says 10A on the diagram, however 20A is stamped on the fuse.

Either way, I don't have time to get it sorted now, as I'm off to Portugal for work tomorrow for the next 2 weeks, and I've still got a lot to do to prepare.
I very much appreciate your offer though, and may just take you up on it when I get back. I am this side of Reading, so it's only a 30 mins drive.

It's common for wrong fuses to be installed. If you PM me your address I'll post you a few ready for your return:thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom