What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Wanted/Price check Earth Shaker/Whirlwind

russdx1

Site Supporter
Alias
russdx
Looking to get a Earth Shaker(preferred)/Whirlwind/Diner early next year, What price do these usually go for these days?

Regards
Russell

Last edited:
Whirly is the highest rated system 11 on pinside, it has better rules. Earthshaker is prettier and has better sounds. Very similar otherwise.

A reasonable player can just shoot the centre ramp again and again on ES to max out a score - this is the game's Achilles heel, and why I sold mine.

1500 to 1800 would be my guess for good examples of either game

my memory's are of earth shaker from a bowling alley in america (when i was younger, why its preferred) plus i LOVE the music. But if none are about a whirl wind would be close second :)

Thanks for the price check, it is similar to what i was thinking as well.

I am not that fussy on condition tbh a long as it plays ok and is not completely trashed hehe :)

Earthshaker looks amazing and I absolutely love it. I had ES and WW side by side for a while but in the end Whirly stayed and ES went. Purely because you can’t relight the jackpot on ES. So after you’ve claimed it your Multiball is a bit pointless.

I think the £1200-£1800 price point is correct for these titles depending on condition. I think if you could find a restored one with new playfield and cab decals you’d probably pay north of £2.5k.

Just need to find one now :D and clear out some fruit machines from games room to make room!!

wow i am out then , better take drd, sarge and spandanglers prices, better knowledge of these games

Earthshaker looks amazing and I absolutely love it. I had ES and WW side by side for a while but in the end Whirly stayed and ES went. Purely because you can’t relight the jackpot on ES. So after you’ve claimed it your Multiball is a bit pointless.

I think the £1200-£1800 price point is correct for these titles depending on condition. I think if you could find a restored one with new playfield and cab decals you’d probably pay north of £2.5k.
Very similar games but agree Whirly has slightly better ruleset - with as you said the repeatable Jackpot, and the Cellar proto wizard mode.

Having had both, still have Whirly... for now, I'd say I always found ES just that bit more fun to play.

And the 'Earthshakerrrrrrrr' callout trumps ' Feel the power of the wind' :)

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

I actually have 2 Earthshaker projects! “How did I end up with 2?” They could be part of the garage clear out?

Both have there heads removed for transportation and storage
Both lite up and had some GI both are complete, both are filthy need re rubbers etc etc.....
Both are good projects I think

Do they boot and play? I can certainly do some cleaning / changing rubbers etc.. my self.

Do they boot and play? I can certainly do some cleaning / changing rubbers etc.. my self.
Not with there heads off, they need putting back together then they need going through, they both had General illumination i.e. some bulbs came on so they are promising, but they do need going through.
Would make a great shop log, Jim @myPinballs i’m sure could sort out any board issues I remember he recently got one working

@russdx1 - there are loads of people who can do board work on games - such as @myPinballs - but it does add complexity to any project. However, as Tony says - GI is promising, but any battery damage would need to be reviewed.

Probably just a fuse :p

Worth remembering GI will happily come on in even the most poorly of games. Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

True - but I guess it rules out transformers etc and most things UP TO the MPU and Driver Board - it would need looking at - but you'd be pretty unlucky for a game not booting to be due to both major failures on the MPU and Driver Board wouldn't you?

Reading that, I think I am probably being naive - and the obvious answer is no.

Not with there heads off, they need putting back together then they need going through, they both had General illumination i.e. some bulbs came on so they are promising, but they do need going through.
Would make a great shop log, Jim @myPinballs i’m sure could sort out any board issues I remember he recently got one working

Yep i have myself a nice earthshaker that i got up and running over the summer. is in storage at the mo due to no space or time to do anything else with it currently. Fixed alot of system 11 boards/games over the years. Usually starts with a logic probe... :)

Earthshaker is the better of the two IMO. Have you played it? One at flipout in London.

£1500 for earthshaker seems legit what with star trek TNG going for 3.5K apparently!

I’d be cautious of project machines of this era - make sure any parts you think you need are actually available. Some are starting to become harder to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Earthshaker is the better of the two IMO. Have you played it? One at flipout in London.

£1500 for earthshaker seems legit what with star trek TNG going for 3.5K apparently!

I’d be cautious of project machines of this era - make sure any parts you think you need are actually available. Some are starting to become harder to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not played for a while but do remember from younger days :)

I would prefer just a "plug and play" machine due very limited time these days :)

I think that there are 2 main problems with system 11 games.

1 as @Neil McRae said, game specific parts can be tricky. Although lots have been remade recently for both whirly and es by CPR so you should be OK

2 if the Playfield did not have mylar on, it will almost certainly be heavily worn in places and some inserts may have lost their artwork (numbers). If it did have mylar on, there is a 75 per cent chance it will be nastily bubbled in places. If you pull the mylar there is a real risk of Playfield damage.

They are fantastic machines, you just need to be patient to find good examples. And be prepared to pay up to get a decent one as a few nerds on here are waiting to bag them too

If anyone fancies a simple trade of their whirlwind for my earthshaker in the new year, let me know. I want a nice whirlwind so i can continue my software rewrite on it. Of the 2, whirlwind is my personal fav. Had to sell the other one i had, due to a certain john popaduik zidware situation a few years back! ;). Anyway want to get back to the software thing so let me know. Did showcase the dev on it at a few nlp shows to

Can't get any pics of my game (or it set back up) til next year . From memory unfaded cab, nice unworn playfield, mint mirrored backglass, fully working, needs a playfield strip and clean.

Back
Top Bottom