What's new

Wanted / For Sale / For Trade/ For Hire - The Flintstones

I was just thinking this exact thing. Website needs renaming to Flintstones info. Amazing what people are asking for them considering the price a year ago. I paid 1400 for an absolute beauty. It's a fun little game for that money but near on 2k for it? Personally I'd pass

I was just thinking this exact thing. Website needs renaming to Flintstones info. Amazing what people are asking for them considering the price a year ago. I paid 1400 for an absolute beauty. It's a fun little game for that money but near on 2k for it? Personally I'd pass

2 years ago my old one - really nice condition - was being sold for just over 1K ! :thumbs: Shows how mental asking prices have risen in last 24 months :eek:

http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/the-flintstones-£1050.27409/#post-127425

It's all the nib prices pulling the 2nd hand market up, against a 10k nib a nice classic game for 2k seems a steal even if it was 1k 2 years ago. If nib prices plateau then so will 2nd hand ones, hopefully we're there or there abouts now with other manufacturers with games like Houdini and Alien at the 8k Mark hopefully pulling stern and jjp back into realms of affordability...one hopes!

You would think but most folks collections are expanding and there are not as many machines in circulation in the uk as you might think. Tends to be the same pins being passed around. For example I think Chris mentioned that only 10 UK Metallica’s pro’s were ever Imported. Granted you will have a few grey Imports. That’s not a lot for such a big title. Even if 20 existed in the UK. It’s nothing..

I do think the NIB price hike theory is a major contributor but I also think there's been a wave of trendy hipster buyers of not just pinballs but video games and arcade machines etc. Even vinyl has had a massive resurgence. Hope that this levels off as the more casual buyers dissipate a little. As for the price of NIB pins, more companies making them the better, competition should help a little you'd hope.

Agree it's mainly the fact that a NIB Stern LE is now £9500 that has dragged everything else upwards.

To think Tron LE NIB was £5300 and that seemed expensive at the time:confused:

And LOTR Nib was £2800?

And other than the LCD, everything is the same or worse, with all the QC issues etc.

There are a fair few B/W titles I would like to own again but not at the current prices.

Didn't seem long ago people were asking which WPC titles you could get for under a grand. Now that threshold seems to have moved to £1500. Won't be long before it's £2k. Supply may have increased overall but I think that demand has also, and with newbies usually wanting the WPC titles for a small collection, they are the ones that are soaring. Mid range Sterns seem to have levelled off. Spiderman, Batman, Pirates etc seem to be fetching the same prices they have been for a couple of years.

Back
Top Bottom