What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video modes - the good, the bad and the ugly ...discuss

TOM video mode laughable , WTF video pinball while playing pinball.
LW3 sane as Star Wars rubbish!

HS2 great
IJ's I like all the video modes in that bad boy

The weakest video mode I've seen was on Cue Ball Wizard - a blob (representing a pool ball) falls from the top of the display, and the player is supposed to move the 'pocket' to catch it. Also, I never understood or enjoyed the VM on No Fear.

My favourite video modes are Getaway, Star Trek Next Gen, and 'rope swing' on Black Rose, especially if left too late - the figure disappears off the display, with sounds of articles falling over/rolling around. I suppose there wasn't room for a picture of the point of impact.

I like the grab and gun and fire bit as well, it's just the movie sceen bit like Star Wars when you press the trigger at the right point, utterly pointless

"I think LW3 is the best integration of gun handle / shooter ."

Yet ironically it has the crappiest "gun" of all the shooters. Always think they've used a wall stapler rather than gun....... Now the gun for IJ/DH feels like a gun....

On the Aaron Spelling table (which is a re skinned LW3) the VM slap fight is a brawl between Krystal and Alexis from Dynasty :)

Back
Top Bottom