What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video: Fixing a heavily corroded Bally MPU

Haha, I think i'm addicted to his videos - i've slowly been working my way through them since he posted the first TOM repair video.

Great work Luke.

Cough, cough, I beg to differ... :rolleyes: that's not heavily corroded, that's just standard battery corrosion. :cool: Badly corroded is when you have to replace pretty much every component touching earth (as well as the battery corrosion) like I did with Space Hawks! :eek:

Cough, cough, I beg to differ... :rolleyes: that's not heavily corroded, that's just standard battery corrosion. :cool: Badly corroded is when you have to replace pretty much every component touching earth (as well as the battery corrosion) like I did with Space Hawks! :eek:

You know the rules, "Pics or it never happened" ;)

Normally when they're in that state I'd buy a new board but I didn't know how that would affect the Bell games chip so repaired this one instead. After I repaired it I found that it still didn't start as the board was incorrectly configured... it was set for standard Bally chips and not the Bell games one. Which left me wondering if they ever had it working as a Space Hawks or gave it up as a bad job and sold it on. :confused:

Is this an I fixed the worst board thread?

Did a few much worse than that a while back, no photos though and they are happily back in the owners games.

I've got a new batch in and some of them are super grim, might have a pop at one just for the LOLs.

Besides, the tracks are thick on these, heavy acid damage on a WPC CPU is a much bigger deal as the tracks are so thin so you can be guaranteed problems, I always look forward to changing the ASIC socket ... not. :-/

Back
Top Bottom