What's new

Wanted Valuation on my Ripley's and Fun House looking to sell.

Pinnovice

Registered
Hi all,

I have a good condition Ripley's in full working order,( I got it off another site member @kevlar who really looks after his machines) and a Fun House that was stripped, cleaned and rebuilt when I put a diamond plate play field in it over Christmas last year.

The Fun House has got loads of new parts and spares, and I am looking for advice regarding how much they are worth. I am looking to sell due to no job security beyond October, and I don't know how much to list them for. I wouldn't want to under or over value them.

Cabinet artwork and play fields are great, the Fun House has a new flipper rebuild kit, balls, rubbers, legs, metal and plastic posts, leg protectors, both ramps, plastic set, but not all put on due to riveting, Rudy face, all new bulbs but not led's.

Any advice would be appreciated, but this would be a real reluctant decision to let them go.

Many Thanks.

I'm really not sure on the value of Funhouse these days as it seems to have a huge range depending on condition. I've seen them go from 900 to 3000 personally.
I know it's not very helpful but I could be interested in buying it from you if you do sell. I sold mine last year and really miss it!

I think that Ripleys is a 1400 - 1800 game depending on condition. Just my opinion of course.

Thanks Fintan,
I had a FH years ago and sold it along with 3 other machines, as soon as the guy drove away I was gutted, but we all have hard decisions to make from time to time, unfortunately I have to decide whether to keep them or sell them, priority says they are not that important when it comes to a roof over our heads and bills to pay.

but we all have hard decisions to make from time to time, unfortunately I have to decide whether to keep them or sell them, priority says they are not that important when it comes to a roof over our heads and bills to pay.

Absolutely right mate. I had to sell my collection off a few years back for something more important. It was very hard at the time but they are just toys at the end of the day. And you can always buy them again when things pick up.

I hope things work out for you real soon. :thumbs:

Would you be interested in some pictures of the Fun House? I had a price in mind for the two together but we are all subject to the phrase "Something is only worth what they are willing to pay".

Would you be interested in some pictures of the Fun House? I had a price in mind for the two together but we are all subject to the phrase "Something is only worth what they are willing to pay".

Yes please matey. If you could PM some pics and details that would be great. I may even be tempted to take them both off you as I have always quite fancied a Ripleys too. Just hope my Wife doesn't find out!!

As a frame of reference. I paid £1450 for my FH last month. It had a new full plastics set, new ramps, new coindoor and new legs.

Since then I've probably spent another couple of hundred on flipper rebuilds, playfield protector, LEDs, coloured post sleeves, Rudy head parts etc..

It looks good now but was a fair bit of work and time.

It is pre dmd with the more basic alpha numeric displays so that keeps prices down, but then some folk (like pinball heaven) do 100 per cent refurbs with new playfields, new cabinet decals etc. and these are the dear ones.

Pinpedia gives prices that have traded ...

USD $4,799 Michigan, United States 01 January, 2015
GBP £1,050 United Kingdom 21 December, 2014
USD $2,827 Massachusetts, United States 09 December, 2014
USD $2,700 Missouri, United States 07 December, 2014
EUR €905 Germany 17 November, 2014
EUR €1,800 Germany 16 November, 2014
USD $6,995 Texas, United States 22 October, 2014
USD $2,551 New Jersey, United States 27 September, 2014
GBP £1,550 Milton Keynes, United Kingdom 21 September, 2014
USD $3,200 Maryland, United States 28 August, 2014

Last one on eBay was this week at £1,115 for a game described as fully working ...

"Hi, you are bidding on an original - full size - working - Williams Funhouse Pinball Machine.
I am listing this as we are extending the house and my den is becoming part of the new extension and therefore needs to go.
The machine is working and has been in our family for 13 years .We have had hours of fun with it over the years. I'm sure any new owner will have too!
In addition to this it is becoming extremely sought after as a machine and is an excellent investment as they are going up in value year by year as they are hard to come by.
the pinball is original and works fine, rudys head is perfect as is multiball, ramps , trap doors etc .i know of no faults and no faults show on the display. the back box does have signs of age as would be expected on a non shopped machine.
It comes with playfield cleaner and a spare rubber set for the bumpers. "

Hi, i'm waiting for a camera or smartphone for pictures, will send when they are done. As for price, i just got told Ripley's between 1400 and 1800, mine is good so don't really know, i am open to all reasonable offers.

I have played this Funhouse and its immaculate, not far off what PH sells, must be worth at least 1/2 of what Phill sells them for. As for my ex ripleys, if I still had it I wouldnt let it go for under 2k, definately the best ripleys I've ever seen. Sorry to hear you are having to sell up Nick.

Didn't pinball heaven sell them for 7 k, I wouldn't give more than a thousand unless it was awesome and then 1500 tops for a funhouse, but lots of people like the game so hey who knows with the supply and demand ?

Yeah... I am declaring myself out. If there is something for sale then let me know the price and maybe we can do business. But I am not one for getting into a 'make me an offer' type bidding war. Sorry but I just can't be bothered with all that. It's just the way I roll. :p

Good luck with it all though.

Fintan,

there's no bidding war cos i don't do that either. I'm on a borrowed laptop and i dont have a smartphone, i've got a mate coming to take pictures cos i dont have a digital camera either, the point is i dont know what my machines are worth, so will post the pictures probably tomorrow now and people can judge them by their condition.As my user name says Pinnovice, that's exactly what i am.

Fintan,

there's no bidding war cos i don't do that either. I'm on a borrowed laptop and i dont have a smartphone, i've got a mate coming to take pictures cos i dont have a digital camera either, the point is i dont know what my machines are worth, so will post the pictures probably tomorrow now and people can judge them by their condition.As my user name says Pinnovice, that's exactly what i am.

Didn't mean any offense matey. It's just not the way I like to do things. But you can do it however you want! They are your machines after all.

I apologise if this is obvious but it your bought your Ripleys from kevlar a few months ago why not just advertise it for the same price? The value won't have changed a significant amount in the time that has passed.

Last edited:
no i traded the ripleys for my TOM cos i couldnt get on with it, and ive been ripped off twice by what i thought was a reputable pinball dealer, hence me asking for advice regarding current market value in the first place, cos i dont want to rip anyone else off. I overpaid for the FH probably but its what ive done to it in the meantime. i would take 3k for both and someone is getting a cracking deal with that.

no i traded the ripleys for my TOM cos i couldnt get on with it, and ive been ripped off twice by what i thought was a reputable pinball dealer, hence me asking for advice regarding current market value in the first place, cos i dont want to rip anyone else off. I overpaid for the FH probably but its what ive done to it in the meantime. i would take 3k for both and someone is getting a cracking deal with that.
Don't worry too much. Nearly all of us have over paid for games when we were newbies! Especially from dealers. I know I did.

I agree with you. That is a cracking price. And I would love to buy them from you if you want to sell them to me?

If she did that's bad etiquette as dean said he'd have em b4 her
Well to be accurate Dean expressed 'interest' first. People often post on sale threads 'pm sent' etc even if someone already has. No biggie. Up to seller if they want to go with first come first served, or whatever deal works best for them.... this could also factor in location, speed of payment etc etc.

PM sent [emoji6]

Back
Top Bottom