What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrading my WPC-89 CPU board

myPinballs

Site Supporter
Alias
Jim
Nice simple upgrade this Friday morning to ease me into the day nicely!

Have had a fish tales for awhile now with a regular wpc-89 cpu board. The type in loads of 90s Williams pinballs. Someone previously had installed a remote battery on a stupidly long lead in a bag. Alway meant to sort the board out properly but it got futon the back burner until now.

So, here we go, upgrading my board to nvram use and also whilst I'm at it installing a set of dip switches for easy country selection. Just nicer that way. Of course the subject of whats best instead of batteries has been talked about to death, but this is what I prefer to do and it still has a factory feel to it. If you want to do this yourself you can buy the parts I use from me no problem. £22 plus postage.

Board as received.

IMG_1260.JPG

Remove old ram and country wire links

IMG_1262.jpg

IMG_1263.jpg

Desolder and clean pads

IMG_1265.JPG

Now to fit ram socket, nvram ic and 8 way dip switch

Jim just out of interest do you offer this as a postal service? If so approximately how much would it be?
Thanks

Jim just out of interest do you offer this as a postal service? If so approximately how much would it be?
Thanks

Yes i can do, but it would be charged at the standard repair rate of £75 plus postage.

Best way to save yourself some cash is buy the parts and do it yourself, though you do need to have good soldering skills.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom