What's new

Expired (UPDATED) Comet Pinball LED's - Matrix Update

Expired Due to no activity

James

Site Supporter
Alias
James
OKOKOKOK - this is a bit of a long post, so bear with me.

As per the previous ones, I am looking to set up a UK based stock holding of the finest that pinball has to offer. LED wise, there is one name that shines above the rest (see what I did there) and as we know, it is Comet. However, the requirements to stock Comet in the UK is, well, in all honesty, quite vast. The bulbs themselves aren't cheap, I toyed with the idea briefly of getting in some cheaper, Alibaba style bulbs in, but it wouldn't sit well with the other brands coming in and I wanted Comet, because I think that really, everyone else wants Comet (please tell me if we don't!). Getting them here isn't cheap. Holding so much stock of them isn't cheap. Packing kits up isn't cheap. I am talking of dumping £,000's into LED's here, nuts right.

However, we know the transport from Comet, and smaller order values just don't make sense and if people want... Comet. Then that's what it takes.

So in that light (god I'm non-stop aren't I) - does anyone have any requirements to get me started and make the first batch, this can be anything from small batches, to entire game kits. I *think* all in its going to £1.00 - £1.20 per bulb for individuals, flashers will be more.

Game kits will be kits though, so top to toe, backbox, inserts, GI, flashers. All that you need. Inserts will be 1SMD non ghosting bulbs, GI 1SMD or 2SMD -frosted, unfrosted, sunlight or warm white, if there is the demand for cool white I'll get those in frosted and unfrosted too, what's another few £X00 hey :p.

As an example, Addams Family - this would be as follows:

GI (Backbox and Playfield) - x 71 Bulbs
Playfield Bulbs x 72
Flashers x 15

Comet Price - $129.99
UK Comet Stock Price - £128.99

Thanks all, your support to get this one off the ground is going to be needed. If you're thinking of a kit, or need some comets, I'm your man :p

Of course shipping can be combined, more to come, as things get over the line.

Last edited:
every time i shop at comet i am always confused as there is so much choice, it would be nice to have a decent run down on the best comet bulbs for different types of machine and placement ( gi, hidden gi, feature, back box, etc) and maybe then you only stock those

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

every time i shop at comet i am always confused as there is so much choice, it would be nice to have a decent run down on the best comet bulbs for different types of machine and placement ( gi, hidden gi, feature, back box, etc) and maybe then you only stock those

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The SKU list is pretty large I have to admit, then all the racking and housing of parts etc., At some points I think, what the F - then just pay the bill :p.

GI variants I have gone warm white and sunlight, since sunlight came out it seems to be the biggest want as it gets closest to the look and feel of classic incandescents. Toying in chucking in cold white, the LED light look, but to be honest, in the messages I have had, sunlight tops it.

Inserts are all SMD, you have to go colours, then you need the extenderoonies, then you need both base types, you can see where it is going.

The kits are where it'll follow a standard pattern, you can choose GI colour, insert colour as either matched to insert or not.

It's interesting, but every variant adds some money, still, those that have got in touch are excited by the product, especially the UK stock holding and very supportive, makes it worth while.

Hi all,

Had messages about the matrix stuff, and people want it, was I intending to stock it straight off the bat. No.

Can I get it? Yes.

Will I stock it ever? Yes.

Will I stock it from the get go? If I get enough interest now, to make it silly not to, yes. However, you need to let me know what you want of it. I think it adds another 25 SKU's. I really wanted to get some here for myself and understand it, as I want to know the product really well first, but there seems to be a demand here for it, so hey - why not.

If you want Matrix stuff, please have your run down of what with me by Monday.

Thanks again all for the support on this. Amazing.

The comet matrix range is really good. Something to point out is that the matrix connectors are simply JST PH connectors, so some stuff (like extension leads and splitters) are purchaseable from here already, or could be stocked by you from a closer (and possibly cheaper) supplier. It'd be the matrix bulb adapters and matrix Led strips that would be of the most value from comet.

Edit - and the matrix post lights, they're great too!

Thanks @stumblor - as I said I haven't really looked into the matrix much, but in all honest, I want to brand the whole range up as Comet, so I best just stick with the whole thing. I am one of those people who take my car to BMW for the service, and honestly, I am sure the coffee is as good everwyhere else.😂

Plus for all involved, I want them to know it's Comet throughout. I would want them to know they get everything too.

I do, really appreciate your comments though man, much love! With everything going on, every supplier leads into a rabbit hole of awesome stuff, this matrix piece is kinda like, ok. Woah. There's a load of stuff here.

Thought that might be the case!

Honestly the matrix stuff is super easy to work with, once you have a play for the first time you'll see what I mean. Happy to send you some bits if you want to have a play.

Really hope you get this off the ground mate as I will definitely be up for some in the future. Comet is a fantastic company with a great product and to have them more easily purchasable in the UK would be a game changer.

I keep every colour in gi clear and frosted
I keep every colour in insert non ghosting only
I keep every colour in bendy ones and flashers I keep the best type of most of them I think that is all you need really

I keep every colour in gi clear and frosted
I keep every colour in insert non ghosting only
I keep every colour in bendy ones and flashers I keep the best type of most of them I think that is all you need really

If @CHRIS B PINBALLS is using them, you know they are the best!

Do you still use much warm white, now that sunlight seems to be the in-vogue one?

Doh ordered 100 GI lamps few weeks ago did not see this thread. I never sam to get stung with import duties with comet which is strange.

my fav bulb is the bullet warm white :)

D421E6CE-C39A-4148-8A55-EBBAAFF7C737.jpeg

Packing today @J85M - shipping tomorrow, I'll get invoice over later. Lot's to sort through, the image doesn't do it justice.

Back
Top Bottom