What's new

Under Machine Storage

stoptap

Registered
Alias
Andy
Any recommendations for under game storage ? I'm looking to get rid of my spares racks and would like a neat solution for storing parts, manuals etc.
They will probably have to be plastic (or on wheels) as I will be sliding them towards the back of the game when not in use.

Finally got around to ordering something for this.
The bottom of the cab is about 48cm high. Just ordered a set of three of these for £22 delivered. They are 40 cm high.

IMG_1195.PNG

eBay mate.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252070294607

If you want to hang on, I will post some photos when I get them so we can see the actual size.
Yeah I'll hang on then cheers. I bought a storage box last month with drawers in. Definitely need to take measurements before buying these. I couldn't even get a pen in the drawers, let alone all my tools and spares

Reactions: JT.
Yeah I'll hang on then cheers. I bought a storage box last month with drawers in. Definitely need to take measurements before buying these. I couldn't even get a pen in the drawers, let alone all my tools and spares
It's easily done. They should put something like a can of beans in the photo to give a sense of scale.

Well they fit under the game just fine. They have smaller drawers than I would have liked though.
Will be good for bulbs, fuses etc.

IMG_7737.JPG

I went with a 2 of each of these RAACO jobbies from CPC about 3yrs back - not for under machine storage, but ok wall mounted.

http://cpc.farnell.com/raaco/126762/cabinet-organiser-44-compartment/dp/SG32824
&
http://cpc.farnell.com/raaco/616-123-cabinet/steel-cabinet-small-16-drawers/dp/SG33219

In this situation though, i think @stoptap is trying to free up space along a wall from crap like that ^ and make space for a couple more games... ?

Of course, a fancy label maker is also helpful for labelling all those tiny little drawers with so many ever-so-slightly-different-but-not-necessarily-in-an-obvious-way components.

Last edited:
I could do with something a little more heavy duty like a big dug box. Quality is there but i just can't seem to find the right size box i need.
s-l300.jpg

Not quite 'under machine storage' I know but I love old multi drawer cabinets for storing parts and hand tools. I bought this off ebay on Monday. It now sits nicely in an alcove in the basement near my machines. In the past I've spray painted these cabinets with different colours for each drawer. I quite like the look of this one and may leave it as it is for now.

cabinet.jpg

I've got a couple of these for tools and spares, they roll in and out easily and fit between the front legs.

upload_2017-1-26_11-2-36.png

And then under a couple of them I've got the more important stuff stored in these.

upload_2017-1-26_11-4-30.png

Now these I like. Not so big that they just get crammed with loads of different stuff. Nice and sturdy and stackable.

IMG_7770.JPG

B&Q got a lot of discounts in storage if you are looking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I built 3 boxes from 12mm plywood. Got the sheets from B&Q as they cut it all to size for free. I glued and screwed them together. Fitted castors to the bottom, handles to the front and hinges to the lid. Finally coated them in a stained wax.

They are the maximum size and length you can get under the machinesame

20171223_203419_resize_20171223_205306.jpg

20171223_203434_resize_20171223_205306.jpg

Back
Top Bottom