What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UKPinfest 2019 23rd, 24th, 25th August

Just got home after a fantastic weekend, big thanks to Phil and team for running the event so smoothly, even better than last year. Thanks to everyone involved in running the comps, the guys that streamed, Neil for the stall ball and the fight club, the NLP guys for the repairs, Ailsa, Colin and crew for the NBA. The pin loaners of course! Probably forgetting someone so thanks to everyone who had anything to do with making it such an awesome event. Looking forward to next year already.

Last edited:
Just got home after a fantastic weekend, big thanks to Phil and team for running the event so smoothly, even better than last year. Thanks to everyone involved in running the comps, the guys that streamed, Neil for the stall ball and the fight club, the NLP guys for the repairs, Ailas, Colin and crew for the NBA. The pin loaners of course! Probably forgetting someone so thanks to everyone who had anything to do with making it such an awesome event. Looking forward to next year already.

Plenty more pinball to look forward to prior to next August... think about it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

got home, traffic was light!

huge thanks to everyone involved in putting on every bit of UKPinfest - a huge event that gets better and better. You are all superstars, had a great weekend.

@strobey won Stallball on Saturday night!

@Tucks won the FightClub!

son of @mufcmufc Leo won the under 16 fightclub!

Was great to see old friends and make new ones; and can't wait for next year!

One question though - Did anyone else have issues with the hotel keys not working? I must have had about twenty different keys?

Had an absolutely smashing weekend and really enjoyed my first pinball event. Met some really awesome people and played like absolute c**p as usual.

Huge thanks to Phil and all the staff for putting on such a great show (especially to those that helped me reverse my car into the loading dock as I'm potentially the worst driver ever to pass a test!)

Stargate racked up 322 games over the weekend and as far as I'm aware had no issues so was very proud of that. Can't wait for next year's show now!

I loved that game! first time I've had the pleasure of playing one, it's a fantastic game. I definitely want one now.
THanks for sharing! :D

huge thanks to everyone involved in putting on every bit of UKPinfest - a huge event that gets better and better. You are all superstars, had a great weekend.

One question though - Did anyone else have issues with the hotel keys not working? I must have had about twenty different keys?

There is a knack to operating those bedroom door keys! Yes it was a struggle but they worked eventually. I mentioned earlier please think about posting a trip advisor review on trip advisor hopefully this will alert the hotel to issues such as these!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What another fantastic event. Thanks to all.

Had an amazing time with some great people. 2.5 hours back to London but a smile on my face all the way.

Thanks to @Neil McRae for the iPad winning the fight club. My girls are already fighting over it.

Congrats to Craig, Nick, Peter and Ian. What a great final. The level of play gets better and better.

Only needed 2 room keys so it must just be you Neil!

See you all great people at the next one.

Ps - do not hire @Poibug as a waiter.

Just got back, only 3.5hrs this time! Better than the 6hrs it took on the way down on Friday, next year I'm coming on the Thursday night.

Everything seemed to run really smoothly this year, competitions were finished when they should be and didn't run over, the pinball.live stream was great too, shame about that nightmare glare on roadshow :-o

Properly warm but not actually as bad as I thought it would be, got to play some great games over the weekend, pinball amigos were great and really had passion for their work, nice to see Alien again and the new Black Knight was one of my favourite machines (once the sound was turned up) of the weekend.

or a 5G phone?

nope!

happen to Mandy also- she thinks its something to do with something where the pinball machines where I didn't try to argue or explain. She said that when she got her fifth set of keys the woman on reception told her loads of folks where having the same problem...

nope!

happen to Mandy also- she thinks its something to do with something where the pinball machines where I didn't try to argue or explain. She said that when she got her fifth set of keys the woman on reception told her loads of folks where having the same problem...

Similar problems too, until i realised it was the wrong room.

We had to have a new key card, and we're careful to keep them away from phones as had that issue a few plenty of times.

Big question for me is: was it busy enough? It was busy but I didn't feel it was packed. Take away all the people who organised it all and provided machines. Did we have enough people through the door to break even? Can't wait to see what Phil has to say about that. Really hope that's the case. We need pinfest to go from strength to strength.

Just want to add my thanks to Phil and the team for a truly brilliant weekend. Went to every session and never had to wait long to get on any games. Unexpected bonus was how much my wife enjoyed the weekend as well. It bodes well for increasing the collection. Her favourite was the Williams Indiana Jones so if anyone is thinking of selling one...

Wow, what a wonderful weekend as usual at Daventry.
Huge props to Phil and his team for oranising and running the show, seemed busier than last year and hopefully made a profit this time.
Thanks to all the techs and volunteers putting up and running the pins.
Thanks to Wayne for running the league finals on Saturday.
Wayne and Paul ran an a cracking comp and bar the hiccup with the Saturday morning scoring system it went very smoothly. Sorry for tanking in the final but was just pleased to have gotten there, onwards and upwards :)
Thanks to all the streamers and those who ran the side comps and especially for @strobey for the huge effort in streaming the comp and letting me join in too.
Alice Cooper was the dogs dangly bits!
And the video of Poi dropping the beers was fecking priceless
Roll on 2020!!!!!

Big thanks to Big Phil and team, a very well run set up, hope the ticket sales were good enough this year, the show felt relaxed throughout although the heat was (again) too much. Is it possible to run it later in the year or get extra blowers in as has been done in the past?

Machines seemed pretty well behaved and the techs do an amazing job of keeping everything going, thanks to everyone who contributed in any way to the show, it takes a really huge effort to put on an event like this and it's always great to meet up with friends both old and new.

Leo was made up and asked me to thank you very much for his prize

Trying to get the picture of IanW and IanWJnr from the curry shop where they all ordered nuclear hot dishes and then tried to fake that they where mild ;) whilst sweat was dripping off like niagra falls lol - Mandy says she promised not to share it so I’ll have to find “top men” to hack her phone :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Look forward to the pics but to be fair, didn't hamper his game much. Sterling effort.

Big question for me is: was it busy enough? It was busy but I didn't feel it was packed. Take away all the people who organised it all and provided machines. Did we have enough people through the door to break even? Can't wait to see what Phil has to say about that. Really hope that's the case. We need pinfest to go from strength to strength.

As I've said in previous years, hopefully Phil has at least covered all costs. If not, let's all club together and make up the difference.

The community loves this event therefore the community should support it. This is the event of the year and we all had an amazing time. It takes soooo much effort to run these things and they are so greatly appreciated.

@Big Phil let us know as this can't be a loss making event for.

I (well, someone on here more clever than me) will start a donation page. Split between the many it won't be much but hopefully all went well and it won't come to this.

I'm already looking forward to 2020 and really hope it's pi**ing down with rain and 5 degrees outside.

For some reason, all I can hear in my head is...........' move your car '. Damn CFTBL

Back
Top Bottom