What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK Pinfest 2023 - August 25/26/27th

Will there be a stream on youtube/twitch for the competiton stuff? Tried looking through the other threads but couldn't find any info on it.
I asked on here previously and was told yes, but haven't seen any links yet. Hopefully it'll get its own thread

Please DO NOT buy tickets from those offering them for sale on the social media posts. It's a scam. Eventbrite tickets are not transferable. Unfortunately, some attendees have been caught out.

Well, that was fun! Attended today instead of yesterday.

Was super excited to play Scooby Doo only to find it switched off when I arrived and stayed off until I left.

Oh well, maybe next year!

Still a great event, big thanks to all involved.

Massive thanks @Big Phil & the whole team who bring Pinfest together! Congrats @Wayne J for getting in uk hall of fame - my new league finals trophies now been placed with pride in the collection - the new format and separate room for league finals was brill. It was also great to get to know other league players like @Chris P and hearing great stories like cycling across town to play a Genie as a kid. Or seeing the look on Tony’s face as @MajesticPinball and I discuss the perfect number of plastic palm trees for Surf ‘n’ Safari’s playfield and he looks at us like we’re both mad 😝 - I have got more to fit. Can’t have enough really.

Getting to play a magic girl was awesome - what a unicorn. Those two Addams family machines looked like you could eat your dinner off them - so clean! @Jmac ’s Ghostbusters was also a beaut! Not to forget @Gonzo ’s Deadpool which I didn’t come close on in the challenge on but very much enjoyed - a game I’d like to get to know better!

So again - massive thanks 🍻

Huge thanks to @Big Phil and everyone that contributed to make this amazing weekend happen. We all had a fantastic time and it was great to see and chat so many many of you over the weekend. It was definitely the best Pinsfest so far. Emma really enjoyed the ladies competition on Friday and Ethan is absolutely over the moon with his trophy from the Kids NBA Competition. Also a big thanks to Paul and Rich for helping to look after Emma when she felt unwell on Saturday.
Congratulations to Craig, Andy, Matt and Greg for such an epic final to finish off the weekend. Unfortunately we couldn't stay to see it in person, but enjoyed it via the great live stream.
Far to many highlights to mention them all, but this is one I definitely won't forget 😄
View attachment 20230826_003215_1_1.mp4

What an amazing effort from everyone.

I'm immensely grateful to everyone who puts so much into this event.

Never mind pinball.... this is an absolute social triumph and a bloody good weekend away by any standards.

Thanks to @Big Phil and all of the pinfest 2023 staff and team of tireless volunteers that hade this weekend and also to all the machine donors. Taking over the hotel was a really smart move. Not only we got pretty much 24 hour pinball for those who stayed up late but also was in the company of a hotel full of like minded people.
spoke to Phil about break in between the afternoon and evening session on the Saturday. An hour is a bit short for the hard working staff and voulenteers have left this with Phil.
hotel staff have been amazing all weekend. im Enjoying the quiet after a very frantic weekend see many of you again soon at the next major uk event the UK open.
met and spoke to a couple of old and new people too

What an amazing effort from everyone.

I'm immensely grateful to everyone who puts so much into this event.

Never mind pinball.... this is an absolute social triumph and a bloody good weekend away by any standards.
Cheers @Gonzo was good to see you over the weekend my dead pool challenge was a let down but good fun. hopefull see you at the UK open?

Cheers @Gonzo was good to see you over the weekend my dead pool challenge was a let down but good fun. hopefull see you at the UK open?
Good to see you too mate.

I seem to remember you getting grand champ on a different machine though mate?

We'll tweak the Deadpool Challenge for next year too.

Good to see you too mate.

I seem to remember you getting grand champ on a different machine though mate?

We'll tweak the Deadpool Challenge for next year too.
Yes! 40 million on scooby doo! When you switch it on it should still be there! No one was able to get close despite me telling people get the multi ball! Managed to get that quickly too!

Thanks so much to Phil and family, all the volunteers, scorekeepers, machine donators, Paul/Wayne/Arv/Ailsa+NLP/Gonzo+Spence for all their hard work with the comps. It was an amazing event that was absolutely loved by my whole family. Thank you everyone, so many amazing things happening over the weekend, by far the biggest and best Pinfest ever.

Was gutted what happend to Neil, it made me feel sick to be honest, but the way he handled himself with grace and calm was pretty amazing, not sure I would have been the same in that position, even with my rust bucket.

Fantastic event, brilliant people, a truly joyous weekend, loved every minute 😊

Last edited:
My family and I would like to say thanks for an awesome weekend 😁 👍

The organisers, staff, pin donators and everyone put on a fantastic weekend. So many nice people to meet and chat with also, thank you.

MU.jpeg

We loved our first Pinfest weekend - still feeling the warm fuzzies. We got to play some amazing new machines and some we haven't played for so many years. Above all else it was good to spend time amongst so many familiar and friendly faces. Thank you to everyone who helped to make this enjoyable experience particularly the organisers and all those who volunteer.

Thanks so much to Phil and family, all the volunteers, scorekeepers, machine donators, Paul/Wayne/Arv/Ailsa+NLP/Gonzo+Spence for all their hard work with the comps. It was an amazing event that was absolutely loved by my whole family. Thank you everyone, so many amazing things happening over the weekend, by far the biggest and best Pinfest ever.

Was gutted what happend to Neil, it made me feel sick to be honest, but the way he handled himself with grace and calm was pretty amazing, not sure I would have been the same in that position, even with my rust bucket.

Fantastic event, brilliant people, a truly joyous weekend, loved every minute 😊
What happened to Neil?

Scratch that, just saw the other post...

Huge thanks to @Big Phil as always for organising and everyone else involved from the volunteers and those kindly bringing machines to play.

Probably my favourite one to date! Thanks @ailsaclunie for the ladies evening and @Poibug for the karaoke duet! Karaoke was a brilliant idea. Loved stall ball too! Really nice to catch up with so many people again (@Wizcat, @windoesnot, @Arv, @myPinballs, @CHRIS B PINBALLS, @Garry Sp8, @Fantazia2 etc.) and meet a few new people too. I’m not sure if Vin is on here but thanks for the hangover cure! Cheers all 🙌

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom