What's new

UK Pinball Facebook Groups

Colywobbles

Banned
Site Supporter
Alias
Billy Big B*llocks
The one I joined seems I’m now getting spammed with machines that are for sale in the USA so I’m guessing this group has now gone worldwide.

Any other UK only pin groups on FB you guys frequent

After chatting with another high profile member of the community, we felt we needed a more neutral group so a new group has been created just now - UKPinball

For everything pinball in the UK - For sale, news and events.

I'm on the fence about all this. Wez has been on the fringes of the pinball scene for ages now. He's from up this way and I'd consider him a mate, so my opinion may be biased... but I'd say he's
done well to build that group up from scratch. Until very recently it's been pretty impartial to any pinball politics, but have to agree things have started to go astray.

Is it really beyond saving, to the point that we need to start a rival group? I'm going to try and reach out to Wez personally...

Nothing like muddying the waters on something that is a niche hobby...

I've been a member of Wez's FB group for a long while now... this just reminds me to leave the group. Doesn't really add anything IMO... Just somewhere else to sell a machine... which can be accessed by anyone and therefore means there's no trust built up, and no reputation... May as well throw it on Ebay on a £1 final value fees day, on a new account with 0 feedback...

I've seen @philpalmer 's post on the new group. That wasn't quite how Wes first explained it to me :rofl:

Yeah, if he's taking bungs for promoting services then something more independent is perhaps needed.

Paul, please don't see this as a threat to pinballinfo. This will and always will be the first port of call for us die hard pinheads. But for the casuals who don't do forums, the community need an unbiased and neutral place to keep up to date with what's going on in the UK pinball community.

Please join up and I'll make you an admin.

I don't find it unbiased - quite the opposite. From rejected pinball posts, non-UK advertised stuff and also non-pinball related stuff for sale posted by the admins and friends. I find it a weird group because of the bias.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I don't find it unbiased - quite the opposite. From rejected pinball posts, non-UK advertised stuff and also non-pinball related stuff for sale posted by the admins and friends. I find it a weird group because of the bias.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Plus all the post approvals, I was damn sure when I first joined that it was a good way of the admins cherry picking the best deals.

Paul, please don't see this as a threat to pinballinfo. This will and always will be the first port of call for us die hard pinheads. But for the casuals who don't do forums, the community need an unbiased and neutral place to keep up to date with what's going on in the UK pinball community.

Please join up and I'll make you an admin.

No Phil, wasn't meant that way at all!! Was just my dig at Wes's FB "site" :)

I see the latest post is What it the best pinball collection you have seen...

<sighs>

What the hell is up with all his **** Wez Merch? Who the hell would want condoms with I heart dj wez on. Can’t think of anything I’d want less than dj wez on my cock lol
Should sell well this time of year, be sold out by midday.

Surprised he's selling the condoms, thought he would be too busy sat there knocking one out to himself... Oooohhh shabba shabb shabba!

Yeah, got booted from that Wez owned page for pointing out his constant, pathetic need to make cash out of social media. I watched a vid he made basically giving the "kum by ya, lets all get together and make facebook a great place to be, whilst all making me money" speech and decided that was enough for me.

He wanted me to pay him 10% of any of my earnings from pinball servicing purely just for him putting a terrible advert on his page (obviously my response started with an F and ended in an off) and when I mentioned I restored mashines he offered to find me projects "for a finder's fee". He also told me that he earns money from Coin-op King from trying to sell their machines, whether that is true or not I don't know. My opinion of him is pretty low, he's not in it for the community, he doesn't love pinball, he loves himself and money!

After blocking me, the pleb messaged to say if I had a problem "perhaps we should meet up", yeah whenever you like dick head! He didnt take me up on my offer to come to my house anytime he liked :)

I said come to the show in Manchester as a few people would like a chat....

Back
Top Bottom