What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK dealer: The Games Room Company

cloudburst

Registered
I was planning to buy a refurbished table from this company and they seemed professional in terms of their online presence, celebrity customers and high quality physical brochures etc.

However, long story short the table in question won’t be ready for a cou0le of months, they were to phone back with an expected date at which time I would pay a deposit. And they didn’t. The lady mentioned that “the boss was notoriously difficult to ‘pin’ down” and that rang warning bells for me.

To be honest, it was a lot more than I wanted to pay, but I would have stretched for a table which was refurbed to absolutely mint.

Not sure what to do, and just wondering if anyone on te forum has experience with this dealer.

Many thanks (and truly great and very active forum by the way!).

CB

I was planning to buy a refurbished table from this company and they seemed professional in terms of their online presence, celebrity customers and high quality physical brochures etc.

However, long story short the table in question won’t be ready for a cou0le of months, they were to phone back with an expected date at which time I would pay a deposit. And they didn’t. The lady mentioned that “the boss was notoriously difficult to ‘pin’ down” and that rang warning bells for me.

To be honest, it was a lot more than I wanted to pay, but I would have stretched for a table which was refurbed to absolutely mint.

Not sure what to do, and just wondering if anyone on te forum has experience with this dealer.

Many thanks (and truly great and very active forum by the way!).

CB

Have you paid them anything? If not:

I’d avoid it on that basis if you are laying down big money they and they aren’t hungry for it then stop.

I met with them at goodwood but it always came over as vague - plus top dollar pricing - although having seen what they had at goodwood it was very good work.

If you do go ahead pay with a credit card but I think you’d be nuts.

What is the game you want?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Don't know them, but looking at the website the prices are very high..... (TAF at 12K?, 5.7K for a Corvette? - Double what they're worth on a good day surely?)
If you want a band new machine then PinballHeaven is the place to go, if you want high end minty restored games there are people on here who do that, expect to pay the price for them but still not the price of the stuff on that site.
If you want a game to play, and are less worried about the mintyness then there are plenty here too, from people who know the game (and probably other people who have played and even owned that same game - My RFM was owned by 3 other people on here before I had it)
Expect them to go wrong though brand new or 30 years old,, but even then I suspect the warranty of a place where its hard to place an order for vastly overpriced machines is not going to be a happy experience. Better off either getting stuck in and learning, or finding a local tech (probably someone here will know someone)

Stick up a wanted ad here for what you're looking for and see what develops would be my advice.....

Like most Pinball companies they advertise all these pins on there web site to bring in the sale but never have it in stock they will now be trying to locate one either on here or by other means hence the long wait and I bet my bottom dollar it won’t be minty restored
Hld Liberty and games room company all list nearly every 90s game on there web site

Whilst I can understand why there is a lot of folks posting how pricey they are - if they stick to the same quality I’ve seen of their games you’ll be lucky to find a game here of the same ilk. They had a couple of EM’s at goodwood that look like they had rolled off the factory, in fact better than that - very polished shiny nice minty.

But if you just want a specific game then put a wanted ad up. I’ve found nearly every game I wanted via here or ebay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Made a mistake a long time back by using Home Leisure, same thing. I sent one back and cancelled other order. They source to order, the TAF I bought from Ebay was ex HL and was very grubby, which was the reason I sent a notoriously bad SS back - the glass looked like Torville & Dean had done a routine on it.

I think you'd find 100% more satisfaction if you chewed both your feet off to bloody stumps.

I think you'd find 100% more satisfaction if you chewed both your feet off to bloody stumps.

The ship has sailed and I bought my CFTBL from a member of this forum (@Cryptkeeper) rather than The Games Room Company. They still haven't phoned me back as promised.

I'm intrigued by what your experience was with them? It sounds like it must have been bad!!

CB

Back
Top Bottom