What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TZ weak flippers

It is all about the process of elimination - just disconnect the EOS first - humour me - try it.

I would then disconnect the sound board and the DMD board ribbon cables and see if that makes any difference.

Next job will be disconnecting the ribbon the the AUX board on the right - then re trying.

Next off - swap over the power driver board from another game.

If you then still have weak flippers it will be a CPU error (can not see that!) or actually on the wiring of the game. Can you see any hacks? Check the loom, I have had wires fray because they have got caught on something in the bass speaker area.

Have you checked that someone has not got the wires switched around on the coils ?? When you test the flippers in the menu the flipper hold power should barely move the flipper.... If that is well and truly flipping the coil two wires could be connected wrong by the last owner.

Next up - flipper rebuild one flipper. Put in a new coil, new end stop, new sleeve and new plunger.

It is all about the process of elimination - just disconnect the EOS first - humour me - try it.

I would then disconnect the sound board and the DMD board ribbon cables and see if that makes any difference.

Next job will be disconnecting the ribbon the the AUX board on the right - then re trying.

Next off - swap over the power driver board from another game.

If you then still have weak flippers it will be a CPU error (can not see that!) or actually on the wiring of the game. Can you see any hacks? Check the loom, I have had wires fray because they have got caught on something in the bass speaker area.

Have you checked that someone has not got the wires switched around on the coils ?? When you test the flippers in the menu the flipper hold power should barely move the flipper.... If that is well and truly flipping the coil two wires could be connected wrong by the last owner.

Next up - flipper rebuild one flipper. Put in a new coil, new end stop, new sleeve and new plunger.

Thanks for the info, I will go through that list. I have a spare original working power board which saves a bit of hassle for a try.

The EOS is disconnected at the fliptronics board and flippers are very strong😂

Thanks again will go through your list now.

Seems to be the ribbon cable that connects mpu/flip/sound/dmd that was the issue, strange as I had taken that off while this has been going on because it was doing a sound board error that I’ve seen before with pinsound. Will order a new ribbon cable and some complete flipper mechs.

Just as I’m writing this it’s just done a sound board interface error with a reset, hopefully it is the cable. Flippers still ok.
Few more games and holding up. So much better now.

Thanks for everyone’s input
@Pick Holder👍

View attachment trim.302A9D79-E47B-4802-9EA5-496D6AE22570.MOV

Back
Top Bottom