What's new

TZ - rocket ship post mod

Durzel

Registered
Little quality of life question really...

On my TZ, on occasion, moreso after hitting the 10m skill shot where the ball has more momentum coming down it will "fall out" of the rocket ship. The guide is properly adjusted for the shot, the playfield is level, etc, it just seems to have a bit too much momentum to properly drop in. I realise the pops are death on TZ and in tournies they actively try and nudge it out anyway, but at the same time I can't believe that Pat Lawlor imagined the ball randomly falling out of the rocket to be "by design".

Looking on Pinside and rec.games.pinball it seems that this is something that people have tried to solve in the past with some success. People have replaced the circled wood screw with a mini post instead.

Screenshot 2018-10-22 12.10.45.png

I was curious at to what anyone has done on here with their TZ, if anything. Thoughts? :)

Yes it does it on mine but I never do the skill shot unless it’s a door awarded looking for extra ball.
Rocket / hitchhiker and then to the bumpers could drain a ball!

Alan

i stuck a rubber 'furniture foot' stopper thing to the left wall, roughly between the 2 bracket screws. It was black rubber, didn't stand out and worked perfectly.

Haven't done it to the current TZ yet though. the other 3 stoppers in the packet of 4 were used on our sliding wardrobe doors!

TZ.jpg

EDIT: it's 20mm diameter & adhesive.

Last edited:
i stuck a rubber 'furniture foot' stopper thing to the left wall, roughly between the 2 bracket screws. It was black rubber, didn't stand out and worked perfectly.

Haven't done it to the current TZ yet though. the other 3 stoppers in the packet of 4 were used on our sliding wardrobe doors!

View attachment 73242

Got me thinking about my TZ in that area.... down to the games room I go ?

View attachment 73242

EDIT: it's 20mm diameter & adhesive.
Genius :)

Attachments

• 75D24CC0-3696-44FD-BE86-E3A3B8A3AF9C.jpeg
    75D24CC0-3696-44FD-BE86-E3A3B8A3AF9C.jpeg
    47.8 KB · Views: 21
  • DAF66186-DE5A-40CA-815E-F2B0A02B18D2.jpeg
    DAF66186-DE5A-40CA-815E-F2B0A02B18D2.jpeg
    37 KB · Views: 21
Back
Top Bottom