What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted TZ diverter 'Magnet'

Monkeyboypaul

Site Supporter
Alias
Paul G
I'd like to add the little magnet mod to the Powerfield diverter bracket on Twilight Zone, so the steel balls don't bounce out on occasion.

Like this...
http://pinballpro.net/shop/twilight-zone-diverter-magnet-tz-dm/

...but without the high price and international shipping fees!

Can anyone recommend a specific magnet and sticky adhesive that I can buy in the UK to achieve the same effect?

cheers.

Last edited:
I was only looking at this earlier. EBay item 352243936897 looks pretty similar. There's also a post on pinside suggesting that similar magnet on the lip of the lock flap will stop the ball bouncing out

Haven't tried this yet, but I do plan to.
In terms of adhesive, any foam tape or double sided tape should do it.

Bought that item, but it's way too powerful and keeps trying to stick to the Steel rail, effectively pinning the diverter down!

It's trial are error Paul, I had to try many different strength magnets before I got a happy medium when I had a TZ.

If the one you have is way to strong try putting plastic between the magnet and the ball go with different thicknesses until you are happy with the strength of the hold.

Back
Top Bottom