What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Twilight Zone

Biff

Site Supporter
Alias
****a
Same add as per Yahoo Group - apologies for duplication

For sale, a few careful owners, last owner was from the east somewhere, and i
don't mean China. Not looking for trades i am afraid, unless it is a NIB ACDC
premium.

Twilight Zone as seen at 2012 Pinball Party and slam and Midlands meet near
Grantham – the one with a TV LCD in it.
I bought this last year and had every intention of stripping it down, re
–rubering blinging up and eventually clear coating the playfield, but i got
bitten by the EM bug on the way and got a little side tracked.

I recently fitted the home roms to it, just never got around to setting it up
properly. Twiglet and I never really hit it off, a bit like a first date with a
real good looking bird who has halitosis...

I am open to offers. I will consider all offers up to the end of next week
22nd. If no interest, it will go up on Ebay.

What do you get?
Pictures can be found here in dropbox: -

<
http://s1326.beta.photobucket.com/user/B1ffB0ff/profile/?toFollow=B1ffB0ff&hash=\
9d478e6fc64a247ddc04ee82d8b95cb4&evt=email_share
>

It is not a minter, neither is it a *****r!
Side art is faded, playfield is in very good order, PCBs are all unhacked no
battery leakage. One or two of the connectors have been soldered to rather than
crimped, i guess who ever did it never had an IDC tool. No they haven't
soldered to the male pins sticking out of the PCB, just the female plugs. You
can zoom in on the pics and see for yourself, lower left of the Back Box. The
cab is a bit battered, it has been touched up at some stage but is not very
noticeable.

It has the following mods/stuff that comes with it: -

LCD tv that plays stills from the various films
Fruit machine
Piano
Proper Silver quarter on its edge, the correct date also
Gumball filled with, what else, Gumballs
Backglass glowing door mod – i did this myself, comes complete with remote
control that you can control outside of the box with colour and flash rate –
looks pretty good if you want my opinion
LED kit, back glass LEDs are fitted but rest are not
The power Diverter Magnet fitted to the divertor to stop the ball bouncing
Original manual in good order
Rubber kit, flipper rubbers fitted – did not get around to the rest

It plays really well. Anything else you need to know ping me, happy to have you
come over and have a play, i live near Grantham. PM to arrange a visit or
request further pics.
Thanks

John

This is a great example of a great game from a top man (the glowing door mod in the backglass looks awesome). Buy with confidence people :thumb:

Nothing like TZ.Greatest pinball achievement of the 90s. Every pinball fan owes it to themselves to at least own the Zone for a while. Some never fully get it (man)...the rest of us can die happy knowing we have glimpsed pinball nirvana :hippie:

I used to play it in one of my locals years ago they regularly used to have pins. I got the powerball a few times. Strange I can't get it on pinball arcade I'm starting to wander if they bothered putting it on

This is a great example of a great game from a top man (the glowing door mod in the backglass looks awesome). Buy with confidence people :thumb:

To buy you need a price... would save going forwards and backwards... Have you got one John?

I agree, it may be a beaut but all this make an offer sealed auction stuff is ********.

He knows what he wants for it but is hoping that someone will offer him more.

Open the bookcase to spell it.

I feel the need to comment here and defend a good mate of mine. John is a top bloke and is definitely not looking to price gouge anyone or play people off against one another. If your looking for a really nice, tastefully modded TZ and a hassle free transaction then message him for some pics and make a sensible offer based on your assessment of the games condition. If you have an issue with this then either ignore the thread or send him a private message, which would take the same amount of time to write as a public one. I don't see the need to de-rail his For Sale thread ☮️

I didn't mean any offence by my comment, we don't need an auction thread. Personally I'd love to own the TZ being offered in this thread, but I guess some people would like the seller to disclose a price. That's how it seems to work in the for sale threads.

Sorry John. I prefer a price upfront but how you sell is up to you. Can we see some pictures here in the thread?

Surprised you had to go ebay route and nobody on here or UK Pinball has gone for it. TZ as we know a very sought after game.

That could be the non disclosure of price though ....seriously it does put a lot of people off - unfortunately people immediately think you are gonna want over the odds (not saying you were) so they dont even bother making an offer, or they just dont want to get involved in the whole blind negotiating lark. Nothing personal - just how I see it, and I have seen a lot of pins advertised for sale over the years - and seen what selling techniques work and what dont. Invariably the 'make me an offer' route is messier for all concerned. Just my 2p :)

Back
Top Bottom