What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TWD Well Walker false hits

JWG9999

Site Supporter
Alias
John Gardiner
I'm getting false hits on Well Walker.

I'm certain there's no problem with the Well Walker switch itself, lots of testing and it's solid. The false hits happen when another switch is hit, not any particular switch but mostly switches towards the back of the playfield. It only happens in-game, usually once the game is well underway but it's not caused by vibration: once it's started doing it you can show the problem (with the glass off) by using your finger to gently close, say, a ramp switch to make Well Walker register at the same time.

I've had this before. Last time it was fixed by replacing the Z connector joining the Well Walker to the wiring loom.

But 2 years later the problem has come back. In frustration I've now replaced the Z connector with screw connectors but it hasn't helped.

Since Well Walker is set closed and registers a hit when the switch opens it's difficult to see how a diode fault is causing this. As I understand it diode faults cause open switches to appear closed, not closed switches to appear open.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

make sure it’s 100% not the switch by wedging something in it so it can’t open.

Have you tried just taking the connectors of the board and reseating them?

Failing that its a case of looking for a short/issue in the cabling...

Back
Top Bottom