What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turkey Left Overs Fry Up IFPA Certified Tournament 28th and 29th dec 2023 PBR

Itch

Registered
Alias
BAT
Itch added a new event:

Turkey Left Overs Fry Up IFPA Certified Tournament 28th and 29th dec 2023 PBR

Start Date: December 28, 2023
End Date: December 29, 2023
200% TGP with a Certified Booster to 250% The big one to end the year and cement your place in the IFPA Rankings for 2023!

Matchplay 12 rounds with 2 games 1 classic and 1 modern. 7/5/3/1

Papa Style top 24 finals, top 8 have a bye, 3 games, top seeds chose the game. 4/2/1/0

Format Details​

Event Name : A Division
Qualifying Format : Matchplay...

Read more about this event...

Is this a day or evening event?
Well, it's going to be starting when the club opens at 6:30pm on Thursday, with qualifying overnight (for slow coaches/long games/good players) and finals starting around lunchtime on Friday morning (I'll get my coat) 😙😇

[On a more serious note, it's in my diary, but I did wonder...]

Two and half weeks left until one of the greatest matchplay pinball extravaganzas in UK history - the 250% TGP End of Year Turkey Fry up at PBR... around 50 people attending so far and hopefully more to come. Think the UK top 5 are overrated? Come take ALL OF THEM on with household names like Foster, Pullen, Vince and Iles in attendance (and one other guy).

A feast of modern games and classics, all you can eat over an evening and a day of fantastic pinball action. The tournament will be worth 2.5 times the normal amount - and even better there will likely be a whopping 24 playoff qualifiers - meaning everyone has a great shot to make the big show.

Don't miss it - sign up here:

... and end the year with a bang, amongst friends playing pinball :)

Two and half weeks left until one of the greatest matchplay pinball extravaganzas in UK history - the 250% TGP End of Year Turkey Fry up at PBR... around 50 people attending so far and hopefully more to come. Think the UK top 5 are overrated? Come take ALL OF THEM on with household names like Foster, Pullen, Vince and Iles in attendance (and one other guy).

A feast of modern games and classics, all you can eat over an evening and a day of fantastic pinball action. The tournament will be worth 2.5 times the normal amount - and even better there will likely be a whopping 24 playoff qualifiers - meaning everyone has a great shot to make the big show.

Don't miss it - sign up here:

... and end the year with a bang, amongst friends playing pinball :)
Will be working I’m afraid but will see some if you at Greggs on the 30th

7:30 Thursday night and 10am Friday morning

Anyone got suggestions of things to do in Croydon tomorrow during the day?

I assumed originally it was daytime both days so Josh and I are heading up and staying tonight

Theres a cinema and an Ikea further up the road from PBR, or get the train into central london from waddon station, it goes direct to Victoria, every 30mins I think.

Theres a cinema and an Ikea further up the road from PBR, or get the train into central london from waddon station, it goes direct to Victoria, every 30mins I think.
You can also take a train to London Bridge and route into central London from there.

Over the road, get the tram to Wimbledon (20 odd minutes). You'll be safer there.
The only recent crime in Croydon I'd heard about was a private school girl being stabbed, and that was her ex-boyfriend. So, in short, the safest thing you can do in Croydon is not to fall in love 💔

Aiming for 4 rounds on Thursday I believe (min 3), more than that on Friday... try and come to both Vin if you can

So, in short, the safest thing you can do in Croydon is not to fall in love

What is the crime rate in Croydon 2023?

Croydon violent crime statistics in maps and graphs.

Annual crime rate in Croydon postcode area is 36.7 crimes per annum per 1000 workday people as of December 2023. Compared to the national crime rate, Croydon's crime rate is at 104%. Violent crime makes up 29.3% of all crimes reported in the postcode area.

The Metropolitan Police recorded 1,007 knife crime offences in Westminster over the past 12 months, compared to 802 in Croydon and 743 in Newham. Offences involving a sharp instrument have increased by almost 30 per cent this year in Westminster, and by 14.9 per cent just in a month between October and November 2023.

So basically more than 2 a day.

You going to miss several rounds (Half?) as I think the finals are starting middayish on Friday

Aiming for 4 rounds on Thursday I believe (min 3), more than that on Friday... try and come to both Vin if you can

Surely there's no way the finals are going to start at midday if there's 12 rounds of qualifying to get through and only 3-4 rounds on Thursday night!

Did think about going to Chief/Brunswick but from the Premier Inn it's about an hour and a half each way, at the mercy of the rail unions, and not sure I can be bothered

What is the crime rate in Croydon 2023?

Croydon violent crime statistics in maps and graphs.

Annual crime rate in Croydon postcode area is 36.7 crimes per annum per 1000 workday people as of December 2023. Compared to the national crime rate, Croydon's crime rate is at 104%. Violent crime makes up 29.3% of all crimes reported in the postcode area.

The Metropolitan Police recorded 1,007 knife crime offences in Westminster over the past 12 months, compared to 802 in Croydon and 743 in Newham. Offences involving a sharp instrument have increased by almost 30 per cent this year in Westminster, and by 14.9 per cent just in a month between October and November 2023.

So basically more than 2 a day.
Mate, I live here:

Greenwich is among the top 20 most dangerous boroughs in London. The overall crime rate in Greenwich in 2022 was 91 crimes per 1,000 people.

Also, https://www.plumplot.co.uk/South-East-London-violent-crime-statistics.html
(I’m literally bordering the red cock shape at the top of the map)

Do you think I’m walking about s*****g my kecks in the middle of the day going down to the supermarket? Heck, I go running as a lone woman alone in the dark… :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom