What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TSPP Simpsons Pinbal Party Side Decals Mod

Megatron

Registered
Not sure if this is the right forum but I love this game (probably my favourite ever now) and decided to have a go at making some sideboard decals for it. Some folks might have seen them already but I thought I'd share some pics for the UK pinballers. They took over 40 hours to complete the artwork and I'm really pleased how they turned out. I've also had the trim and Bart's skateboard powder coated yellow and it looks really nice - more like a Stern LE now. I've replaced the inserts and flashers with LEDs but left the GI with standard bulbs. I love how you can put your personal stamp on a pinball machine.

simp-fin.jpg

simp7.jpg simp2.jpgsimp8.jpgsimp6.jpgsimp3.jpg

simp5.jpg

Very nice.

Might be tempted to try to put something similar together for my R&B.

Of course that will be at the end of a very long list that i've already made of things to do.

Just out of interest what are they printed onto and how are they fastened in place? Adhesive backed gloss paper straight onto the inside of the cab or something else?

They are printed on graphics paper they use for commercial signage and then laminated with a special coating they use to give them some scratch resistance and durability. You can wipe them down and they feel nice when handling. The adhesive is very good as you can adjust and lightly stick them in place before a final rub down. No need for wet method or anything like that. The peel off nicely too without leaving a sticky residue.

I think it would look good if manufacturers did this kind of thing from the factory.

Thanks Megatron.

Did you get them printed locally or use an online service? If online any chance of a link to the place you used? Could be handy for future reference.

I just picked a local one out of yellow pages but it might be cheaper to find an online one. I think they must all use pretty much same stuff for making signs you see on shops etc.

i hope you made a few sets?
if so, you should easily be able to sell them at a price to cover all your expenses.

if i had a TSPP (one day, one day) i'd buy these. maybe Stan (@bartron) will want some. or Martin (Ayub, not on here but has a TSPP)?

Very well thought out and executed to great effect. That looks fantastic.

Well I plan on Monster Bash as it's just for my own games but they are good suggestions. Has nobody done any for Addams yet?

I'm not really an artist, however My son isn't bad (he's only 15 however looking towards a career in Design!!). Any tips with regards to Dimensions/templates etc that you may be able to advise/pass on??

As far as I know, no... I think someone started to produce these (dreads?) however sold the rights....???

For print you need 300 dpi and cymk. So the standard software is photoshop, Indesign and illustrator. That pretty much covers you for everything print design related. I use photoshop for most things and indesign for magazine stuff. You can do so many wonderful things in them. If he starts at college or uni he should be able to pick a copy of an adobe suite with 80% off as a student - otherwise it costs a small fortune.

Absolutely love these. Great addition. If I owned a TSPP I'd defo want a set. Not that you're probably intending to but if you produce a few more sets to sell, be careful putting them on eBay. Andy Dredds made some AWESOME side decals for TZ and he got threatening mail from planetary pinball threatening legal action over copyright if he didn't remove them from sale!! Spoil sports.

Great work and what a complement to the game. Well thought out design and make the game look loads better.
Well done that man.

Wow, that is fantastic. You can see why they took 40 hours, the persepctive is perfect and I love how the background matches where they are on the playfield!

TSPP is one of my favourite machines too, and it is one all the family seem to enjoy.

As someone else suggested, if you made multiple copies and wanted to sell them to cover your time and expense, let me know as I would love my machine to look as good as yours but sadly I lack the skills to put something like this together myself.

Also, I love the way you have bee subtle and tasteful with the mods - I definitely think you can overdo mods on TSPP, however you have got the balance just right so it looks interesting but not crowded. Did you make your own target decals too?

Thank for sharing,
Mark

Moe's pub right next to the school is a great touch. Get em' started early! LOL.

Yeah I love powder coating. Did the skateboard bart sits on too.

I bought the target decals from ebay and I got the idea from there to do the side rails - the ones on ebay weren't very good as just stock web images and low rez. The targets are well made as he cuts holes out at back of some so they fit nice although I don't like the kwikimart decal - looks at bit odd as all the rest are really nice.

I'm not planning to sell them on shopping sites but some folks have requested them so if you are interested let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Very well thought out indeed, well done.
I got to thinking some Mega City 1 decals for Judge Dredd would be awesome...!
~Let me know if you ever do JD.

cheers

Maybe time for an LE production run??
Perhaps Patents would not be involved if used as a child's playroom wall decor.;):)
Put me down for a set.

Back
Top Bottom