What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top Earner on Location

So much depends on your site and your customers, and hardcore players can really move the stats if they are frequently in and dedicated to one machine- especially if they come in early and often! We only have two side by side generally but Ive seen JP beat Deadpool and then Godzilla beat JP.

Its interesting what is popular TILT with their line up, but they get a real mix of casual players and people really into pinball.

The most frequently played game(s) at our house (which, admittedly, isn't an arcade) is TNA. Visiting kids seem to be attracted to the thumping music, pulsing lights and very simple ruleset.

After that, JP2, due to theme, but I try to get people off that one because it's hard.

We have AFM, TNA, JP2 and Godzilla in the front room. No one goes into the back room, usually, because it's also an office, but Fish Tales isn't super appealing for a walkup (and casuals who played it in the front room tended to hate it due to difficulty). We currently also have Centaur in the back room and no one casual has showed any interest in playing it - the balls release during attract mode, and the kids we've had in here since it's arrived went to see what was making the noise, spotted the game, and promptly left again.

The most frequently played game(s) at our house (which, admittedly, isn't an arcade) is TNA. Visiting kids seem to be attracted to the thumping music, pulsing lights and very simple ruleset.

After that, JP2, due to theme, but I try to get people off that one because it's hard.

We have AFM, TNA, JP2 and Godzilla in the front room. No one goes into the back room, usually, because it's also an office, but Fish Tales isn't super appealing for a walkup (and casuals who played it in the front room tended to hate it due to difficulty). We currently also have Centaur in the back room and no one casual has showed any interest in playing it - the balls release during attract mode, and the kids we've had in here since it's arrived went to see what was making the noise, spotted the game, and promptly left again.

That's cos TNA is mint!

This pretty much sums up Rush’s crossover appeal….View attachment 239153
I once saw 3 girls at a Rush show.

The bands career lasted from 1974 as a recording band until 2015, Not bad going. Actually they had quite a few top 10 albums here in the UK and played to quite a few more people than East 17......

I seriously do not give 2 forks if people like the same music as me.

Candle in the Wind by Elton John is the UKs biggest selling single - is it the best song.

Rush pinball was let down by awful artwork. Looked like a 12 year old did it. The bands art director has done countless album covers for dozens of bands and he did not do the art.... it is beyond me. I asked him and Stern did not even ask him.

Steve Pagget will tell you that Thunderbirds took a lot of money - and does anyone on here own one that is in a private collection?

Been told by players Rush is a great game. But I can not get past the art.

Queen is the same - a good shooter - but artwork is terrible.

Led Zeppelin - awful game and awful art on PF.

Well done manufacturers - ruined three of my favourite bands.

On site if you only have a choice of one game say in a pub - it usually gets played.

The general public will put their cash into a lot of things that serious pinball players will not.

Thunderturds did ok , better than MM.

When we put it up for sale it sold to one of our regular customers.

Not in any hurry to get another one though

It's weired; not really a fan of Rush's music (although I think it'd groe on me; it's mainly the singing which puts me off), after playing the pin a handful of times I feel drawn to it and wouldn't mind having one for a bit 🙂

I listened to an interview with the artist who did Rush- the one asset he didn’t want to include was the 3 portraits of the band in the middle- apparently a nod to some little known comics that super fans would appreciate- explains why they look out of place with the style of the back glasses he produced. Today have played @Parallax Digital’s Bond, Mando and TMNT. Rush should be a clear last place if it was based on theme; but for me it’s my favourite and miss playing it so will seek out next time I’m heading to Newcastle. Didn’t find that it ever drained down the middle when travelling between the pops like @Gonzo demonstrated. Only ever sdtm when ejecting from the centre scoop but the coding compensates for this with shoot again when required. They should reskin this layout with a better-known band and it would be a top rated game given the shots are very good

I listened to an interview with the artist who did Rush- the one asset he didn’t want to include was the 3 portraits of the band in the middle- apparently a nod to some little known comics that super fans would appreciate- explains why they look out of place with the style of the back glasses he produced. Today have played @Parallax Digital’s Bond, Mando and TMNT. Rush should be a clear last place if it was based on theme; but for me it’s my favourite and miss playing it so will seek out next time I’m heading to Newcastle. Didn’t find that it ever drained down the middle when travelling between the pops like @Gonzo demonstrated. Only ever sdtm when ejecting from the centre scoop but the coding compensates for this with shoot again when required. They should reskin this layout with a better-known band and it would be a top rated game given the shots are very good
I love playing Rush. It's a great playing machine, one of Stern's best.

I don't especially like any of the rock pins, sadly. Most of them sound like mowing the lawn. I didn't realise the appeal at all until I played The Beatles when Funland was almost empty (so I could hear the music). Mostly, I end up playing rock pins, at PBR, with noise-cancelling headphones on. The only music pin I like hearing in there is Neil's modded Disco Maiden 😲 :D

I was listening to the Electric Bat Arcade Podcast. They run an arcade in the US with Pins and were sharing their Top Ten earners for the whole year 2023. They stated they have around 55 Pins.

1. Godzilla
2. Batman 66
3. Aliens Armageddon (Arcade Shooting Arcade Game)
4. Deadpool
5. Foo Fighters (been on location since march)
6. Jurassic Park
7. Bond 60th (been on location since may)
8. Toy Story 4 (been on location since february)
9. Bond
10. Attack from Mars

Thought I would share this.

Back
Top Bottom