What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tommy can you see me ...in colour ?? :D

Free- cant get cheaper - unless you pay me to take it away... ;)

However Sgt - I suspect you are correct....

Ok you've twisted me arm, you pay Martin "the delivery Man" and I'll accept in this end, if I must!!

Here it is....

Tommy, Can You Hear Me?

ColorDMD's is excited to announce The Who's Tommy Pinball Wizard as the 37th title to be supported by the ColorDMD multicolor pinball display platform! Tommy is the second Data East game to receive support and will be our sixth released title in 2016.

<f7c2f508-b64f-4c30-850a-539a0fa1fa9d.jpg>

Tommy is the first release for ColorDMD developer Frank Gigliotti. Frank has been an avid pinball player since the 1960's and plays nearly every day. Fresh off a three year adventure programming, animating and sound editing Riot Pinball's Wrath of Olympus pinball machine, Frank turned his sights on Tommy.

Tommy is one of Frank's favorite games and a cornerstone in his pinball collection. The color display is a visual treat that brings this rich and amazing story to life in one of Data East's most fun and exciting games.

<8934b3a4-9e30-406e-a711-fa61c53ac0c2.png>

The ColorDMD for Tommy pinball machines leverages the company's easy-to-install ColorDMD SIGMA platform and supports six different rendering styles. Multicolor operation is enabled through free download and installation of a game-specific ROM using a USB drive. The display may be reconfigured for use with any supported title.

<75febbd4-8da6-49b6-b333-64b45a

Not to **** in your cornflakes but what happens if you try to run the color DMD and the new ROMs at the same time. Would you get some animation in colour and the rest in orange?

Not to **** in your cornflakes but what happens if you try to run the color DMD and the new ROMs at the same time. Would you get some animation in colour and the rest in orange?
Woah there young John. It's all in hand, Frank G who did the ColorDMD now has the new code and an update will be forthcoming. He should have had them before the release but someone didn't do their one job ;-)

But yeah, right at this time that would prob be the case.

UPDATE NEWS ............

Awesome news, Frank contacted me a while ago to double check what parts of new 5.0 ROM code had not been covered. There were a few new slides and new animations that weren't. He has now updated the ROM to be fully compatible with Chads 5.0 Code :clap::clap::clap:

TOMMY ROM UPDATE!

The Tommy 3.2 color ROM update has been posted to our SUPPORT page and is now available for immediate download. The update adds support for Chad Hendrickson's unofficial 5.0 game code release that adds new features for Tommy as well as additional animation sequences. The new color ROM still continues to support the official 4.0 game release.

Thanks very much to Frank Gigliotti for all the hard work to make this available for all to enjoy!

The new ROM is available for both LCD and LED displays.

http://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware.html

Back
Top Bottom