What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tilt Birmingham

todler

Site Supporter
Hi, anyone know if Tilt are supplying any machines for the Daventry show? Purely selfish reason as I am in Birmingham on the 27th which has been planned for months and was going to spend the evening playing pinball and having a few beers. Specifically wanted to play AIQ, and GnR now they have one. Concerned that these machines might be on a jolly for a few days In Daventry. Didn’t realise it was the same weekend o_O
Tried to message directly but don’t seem to be able to an active member now for @tiltbirmingham

Cheers

Best way to get in touch with Kirk (owner of Tilt) is to use FaceBook

Well, went to Tilt yesterday and quickly again today. Got to play GnR, AIQ and Mando (eventually). Enjoyed them all, however GnR seemed a bit slow after playing the Sterns and the flippers not as “snappy”. Does GnR have an issue with the flippers as don’t remember them being any different on the other JJP games I have played? My biggest issue is not being able to here them in an Arcade environment, but did get a quiet moment when I got the Paradise City track which I did hear. Without the music the shaker music was a bit annoying as I think it’s supposed to “beat” with the music. However appreciate these are out there for Joe Bloggs to play.
Mando had to wait until today until I went back as there was a guy on it non stop for over 1hr yesterday and gave up waiting and we had a meal booked. He must have been enjoying it the amount of cursing that was coming from him 😂, anyone on here?
Enjoyed a few beers (kernel IPA and Pale Ale), put gave the £15 & £18 a pint ones a miss. Also if anyone can give Kirk a message (Phil? @Pick Holder ). The first trap in the toilets has a dodgy door. Had to rescue the misses as she couldn’t get out and got a bit panicked 😬🤣. Needs a minor adjustment 👍🏻
Cheers

Well, went to Tilt yesterday and quickly again today. Got to play GnR, AIQ and Mando (eventually). Enjoyed them all, however GnR seemed a bit slow after playing the Sterns and the flippers not as “snappy”. Does GnR have an issue with the flippers as don’t remember them being any different on the other JJP games I have played? My biggest issue is not being able to here them in an Arcade environment, but did get a quiet moment when I got the Paradise City track which I did hear. Without the music the shaker music was a bit annoying as I think it’s supposed to “beat” with the music. However appreciate these are out there for Joe Bloggs to play.
Mando had to wait until today until I went back as there was a guy on it non stop for over 1hr yesterday and gave up waiting and we had a meal booked. He must have been enjoying it the amount of cursing that was coming from him 😂, anyone on here?
Enjoyed a few beers (kernel IPA and Pale Ale), put gave the £15 & £18 a pint ones a miss. Also if anyone can give Kirk a message (Phil? @Pick Holder ). The first trap in the toilets has a dodgy door. Had to rescue the misses as she couldn’t get out and got a bit panicked 😬🤣. Needs a minor adjustment 👍🏻
Cheers
GnR flippers have been slightly TURNED UP in power - but Kirk sets up the game and he likes them steep. The volumes in Tilt are not loud, if it was quiet (i.e. amount of people in the place) then you could of asked the lads to turn it up. They wont do it if busy as the place gets too noisy.

Sure it wasn't Kirk on Mando if he was cursing :) Curly hair??

I am popping into Tilt monday evening, will mention the problem with the door.

Thanks Phil. Don’t believe the GnR pitch has any problem, or the set up. It’s the flippers that don’t seem as sharp/snappy as the Stern machines. Also fully appreciate you can’t have the machines turned up in that environment as it would be deafening (same as Daventry). It’s just that you can’t enjoy the full experience that they are designed for, hence they are far more enjoyable in the home environment. But glad we get to play on such a wide range of machines, and also the newest releases. Also to enjoy the beer (and chocolate brownies)

No, it’s wasn’t Kirk playing. Could try and describe him but but wouldn’t want to offend anyone in case they are on here 🤔😂😂

Thanks for letting them know about the door, might save another damsel in distress.

Cheers Tony

Cheers
In the old days the etiquette was to put a pound on the glass and that gave fair warning for someone to get off after their go. Perhaps that no longer is the done thing?

JJP flipper suck - it’s a common view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I went to Tilt Friday afternoon/evening and met Kirk there had a good time and managed to play on every machine I was hoping to play on.

I preferred the AIQ LE to the Mando LE but as I have never watched a Star Wars film or the series but was enjoyable.

Agree the GNR needs the sound but as I have this at home still had a go and played terrible.

Was nice to be able to meet Kirk and have a good chat about pinball and Tilt is a very good venue only my second time there as it’s so far away for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom