What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Theatre Of Magic - No ball lock

ababapanos

Registered
Hi
I need your help please. I have a weird problem.
My ToM will not lock the ball for multiball. It will say that the first ball is locked but then it just sends the ball out the trap door. All switches are working properly, wondering if it could be a problem with the ROM. Has anyone ever had this problem?
I made all the tests and all the switches work well, and the boards and fuses seem okey. What could be the problem

i had a similar problem on tz. that game has two opto switches that trigger on entering the lock. but also a micro switch under the saucer hole the ball then drops into. the microswitch wasn’t always triggering when the ball came to rest in it. the result was that the ball was kicked out back into play instead of staying there locked. the game did however register that a ball was locked. i solved by adjusting the leaf that connected to the microswitch so it always triggered when the ball came to rest in the saucer hole. hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your answer.
I'm not sure if it's the same because I do not see an optο switch there. has only 3 microswitches but they working separately.
Also, I do not know how to set it up to lock the ball, but if I do it will spoil the game because it does not have to do it every time, but only when activate this option because it will not run after the program...

perhaps someone who has Theatre of magic , can help us a little more;

I had this problem on a TOM. It was the metal "container" under the playfield. There was a small lug on it that broke off. I had to replace the part.

can you give me more details about what exactly she had broken? from below, everything is ok, I choose and I do not say anything that has been broken. Also all switches and coil plungers work on tests ...

31214538-35D6-43EF-858A-0092380A18FD.jpeg4C86508B-C8A9-4D5D-BAEB-EC5255EBECC9.jpegCF7A951A-B677-4033-9269-BE2087F0F3EB.jpegC1D5E37C-A084-4A81-B756-3635313B386A.jpeg6FA83220-9069-46A9-951E-9C297F8B6BB2.jpeg

I know where the ball falls. the problem is that when the ball dropping , do not work the switch that makes the ball lock. The strange is that in the tests this switch works normally

I did not try with the ball, I ran the auto test that tests all the switches. Is there any optical switch on the trunk when the ball is dropping and it wants to be cleaned?

Put the machine in all switches test. Drop a ball in the hole. Does that switch register on the display?
Just watched your video again, it is not saying "the second ball is locked". As I suspected, the machine is registering the first ball BUT it cannot retain it there because the part in question is goosed. I can look in the manual later this week so that I can be more specific.

thank you very much for all the help. I did a few videos with tests I did. you will see that all switches function normally

thanks again for all the help.

but as you can see in the last video on 00:47, it works and does not seem to be broken...

Also, something that does not work properly is when it turns the trunk to the target selection that has the magnet. The game asks you to shoot at the trunk, but when the ball strikes the magnet does not turn on. but I tested it in the tests and the magnet of trunk it works correctly even though the game is not activated.
what conclusion do you get out of all of this? does the problem is ROM?

If the bottom pin is broken off it will not work. I cannot see from the video of that pin is there. Simply place a ball into the trunk, with power turned off, if it rolls through to the exit then this piece is broken and not doing its job. If it gets held at this piece then it’s probably ok.

you're right . it is broken.
to make some of my repair with a scrap and if it does not work I will buy a new one

I found the problem!!! Thank you very very much again!!!
had broken the STOP BALL FEEDER ASSYcc3723a556b71dee8bfa48854ecd8724.jpg

I made it and now the ball is locked.

The only problem now is that when turning the TRUNK on the magnet target, the magnet do not turn on it hits the ball
the strange is in the tests the magnet of TRUNK works normally.
What Can It Happen?

Is the sensor working ok in front of the trunk. It works like a metal detector. Go to switch test and hold a ball on the playfield in front of the trunk. You should get a switch closure. If not find the sensor underneath and follow it back to the circuit board. Reseat the connectors. If the led is OFF turn the potentiometer until the led comes on. Then from the ON state turn the Potentiometer until the LED just turns off. Retest with the ball.

thank you very much for the answer. it's easy for you to show me the sensor in a photo, to understynd who it is;

thank you very much . I found it. now what do I have to do? to go to the tests and put a ball in front of the sensor;

thank you very much. I set the sensor and now it works, but the magnet of Trunk , when it pulls the ball leaves it as if it does not have enough power. may have been spoiled

Often the wiring is broken inside the insulation of the wires through the central shaft. Check them for good continuity

οκ thanks . I'll check it . so there is no power setting for magnets ? the power is standard?

Back
Top Bottom