What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Today I received" Thread

Creech Poster Mod arrived today all the way from New South Wales, Australia.

Thanks a bunch, @swinks, I can't wait to install it. As always, Swinks mods are top-notch quality, and this is now my 3rd one!

Attachments

• IMG_20240514_121312.jpg
    IMG_20240514_121312.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 33
Summer project arrived today, a nice rare stern nine ball, currently not working and manky but in overall decent shape, pf is pretty good too.. Nice to see some nos coin inserts too :) looking forward to getting stuck in and hoping the weather is good this year

IMG_20240516_115510.jpg

Summer project arrived today, a nice rare stern nine ball, currently not working and manky but in overall decent shape, pf is pretty good too.. Nice to see some nos coin inserts too :) looking forward to getting stuck in and hoping the weather is good this year

View attachment 252060
Great find!! One of the best games ever

So this has been a long time coming.
Started looking for a NOS Lotr playfield this time last year and contacted Ron Kruzman to see if he had any, which he didn’t but said he would keep an eye out for me.
Soon after a nos lotr Le appeared on pinside but wouldn’t ship out of the US.
In stepped Ron who facilitated the sale as he’s such a trusted figure in the US pinball scene.

A deal was done and it was shipped to Ron to work his magic and boy did he work his magic!!!!
I’ve just picked it up from parcel force and I’m literally blown away.

Now I’m far from a pinball expert and am effectively a Newbie but even to my untrained eye I simply cannot see how this level of perfection can be topped.
From every conceivable angle it’s absolutely perfect and I can’t keep my mitts of it.
The Missus is actually quite jealous of the way I’m handling this piece of plywood and I actually think she would lose if I had to make a choice 🤷‍♂️

The whole service that Ron provides I absolutely cannot fault from his craftsmanship to interesting email chats ( a genuinely nice bloke) to the packaging when delivery time comes.

The photos can’t possibly do it justice but take look….IMG_2448.jpegIMG_2447.jpegIMG_2446.jpegIMG_2443.jpegIMG_2444.jpegIMG_2445.jpegIMG_2452.jpegIMG_2451.jpegIMG_2450.jpegIMG_2449.jpeg

Last edited:
So this has been a long time coming.
Started looking for a NOS Lotr playfield this time last year and contacted Ron Kruzman to see if he had any, which he didn’t but said he would keep an eye out for me.
Soon after a nos lotr Le appeared on pinside but wouldn’t ship out of the US.
In stepped Ron who facilitated the sale as he’s such a trusted figure in the US pinball scene.

A deal was done and it was shipped to Ron to work his magic and boy did he work his magic!!!!
I’ve just picked it up from parcel force and I’m literally blown away.

Now I’m far from a pinball expert and am effectively a Newbie but even to my untrained eye I simply cannot see how this level of perfection can be topped.
From every conceivable angle it’s absolutely perfect and I can’t keep my mitts of it.
The Missus is actually quite jealous of the way I’m handling this piece of plywood and I actually think she would lose if I had to make a choice 🤷‍♂️

The whole service that Ron provides I absolutely cannot fault from his craftsmanship to interesting email chats ( a genuinely nice bloke) to the packaging when delivery time comes.

The photos can’t possibly due it justice but take a look….View attachment 252459View attachment 252460View attachment 252461View attachment 252462View attachment 252463View attachment 252464View attachment 252465View attachment 252466View attachment 252467View attachment 252468
Congratulations

Looks amazing mate. To put it plainly, his work can’t be topped imo. I don’t think you can really appreciate how good his finish is until you’ve seen one of his playfields in person.

Ron a really cool guy as well. Goes out his way with his help and advice.

Looks amazing mate. To put it plainly, his work can’t be topped imo. I don’t think you can really appreciate how good his finish is until you’ve seen one of his playfields in person.

Ron a really cool guy as well. Goes out his way with his help and advice.
If you’ve got a ‘keeper’ or want to take a pin to the next level a Kruzman playfield is the way without question.
Trouble is my other playfields look so poor next to it.
Guess that’s why MM is going straight into the packaging and Over for the same treatment 😂

Will it still dimple?
These are Ron’s words regarding dimpling…..
“Ball dimples has been a focus for a long time, and is the reason why my process takes 3-4 months rather than 1.
Clear is made so that if you coat it within a short period of time from the last coat, you dont need to do any more prep. The clear melts in to the last coat.
So if you do 4 or 5 coats at one time or 2 times with spraying a dust coat in-between, you have a production clear, which in reality is one thicker coat.

I have found that allowing the coats to fully dry for over 14-21 days gives you a much harder surface that is very resistant to ball dimples. It just takes much more time and is more sanding. A production clear doesnt get any sanding.
This is why you can take a pf to a body shop and have them put down 4 coats for 200 bucks.

About 10 years ago I bought a centaur with a new repro pf in it, and within 2 months and about 100 plays the clear was ball dimpled enough that I couldnt enjoy looking at it. I sold the game because of it. I wish I would have just folded it and kept it, but 4 grand goes a long way around here.

Spreading the coats out is just one part of the formula I have found to make a harder surface. I have my work installed locally in both homes and on route, to watch how the dimpling goes.

In my opinion its the biggest reason to have me clear a new repro or nos pf.“

These are Ron’s words regarding dimpling…..
“Ball dimples has been a focus for a long time, and is the reason why my process takes 3-4 months rather than 1.
Clear is made so that if you coat it within a short period of time from the last coat, you dont need to do any more prep. The clear melts in to the last coat.
So if you do 4 or 5 coats at one time or 2 times with spraying a dust coat in-between, you have a production clear, which in reality is one thicker coat.

I have found that allowing the coats to fully dry for over 14-21 days gives you a much harder surface that is very resistant to ball dimples. It just takes much more time and is more sanding. A production clear doesnt get any sanding.
This is why you can take a pf to a body shop and have them put down 4 coats for 200 bucks.

About 10 years ago I bought a centaur with a new repro pf in it, and within 2 months and about 100 plays the clear was ball dimpled enough that I couldnt enjoy looking at it. I sold the game because of it. I wish I would have just folded it and kept it, but 4 grand goes a long way around here.

Spreading the coats out is just one part of the formula I have found to make a harder surface. I have my work installed locally in both homes and on route, to watch how the dimpling goes.

In my opinion its the biggest reason to have me clear a new repro or nos pf.“
That's interesting. Makes perfect sense

If you’ve got a ‘keeper’ or want to take a pin to the next level a Kruzman playfield is the way without question.
Trouble is my other playfields look so poor next to it.
Guess that’s why MM is going straight into the packaging and Over for the same treatment 😂
Yeah I’d agree, they definitely need to be keepers or a grail pin for a Kruzman playfield.

As Ron says, the clear coat he uses and his method on applying and sanding is completely different from repros/modern factory playfields.

Plus the clear is so much thicker when finished, and requires a lot more preparation and care when installing it.

I’ve had my TAF for about a year now and it’s showing no dimples at all.

I’ve got a Kruzman install kit coming as well, so that should help with the install side of things 👍
Yeah it will. The kit includes quite a few tools but you only really need to use 3 or 4 of them and his watered down super glue solution.

Just take your time and drill out every hole on the playfield. I think I added some photos of the ones I used in my TAF build log 👍🏻

Back
Top Bottom