What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pinball Office League - Season 5 starts 20th April

Sorry this is a bit late - here are the results for Saturday's league meet!

We had @NateG119 in 1st place, @Genotime in 2nd, and somehow I managed 3rd! (I actually thought I had done really badly, so it was a surprise!!)

I've updated the overall league spreadsheet - at the moment @PAZ is in first place by 2 points, followed closely by DPock and @David_Vi - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eb-aHBaotua6smIfkBhklvBgdbGf3lNfJ5_XSAs-Dz8/edit?usp=sharing

Well done all :) The next meet isn't for a little while - 15th July - as we're at NERG and Swavesey. Hope to see you all there!

Attachments

• League meet 4 results.PNG
    League meet 4 results.PNG
    102.6 KB · Views: 10

Attachments

• 2023-07-15 Pinball Office League results.PNG
    2023-07-15 Pinball Office League results.PNG
    107.8 KB · Views: 17
Congratulations to @NateG119 - winner of Saturday's Pinball Office league meet! (He was on fire at the weekend!) Well done to @David_Vi and DPock who were 2nd and 3rd respectively.

Also, special mention to George Bennett for his amazing 1.8 million on Guns N Roses!

2023-07-29 League Meet 6 Results.PNG

This means that Nathan has jumped ahead to be top of the leaderboard - and as this is the last meet, he is top qualifier for season 2 of the Office league :) We will be holding the finals in the morning session on 12th August - I've contacted those attending directly.

The updated leaderboard is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eb-aHBaotua6smIfkBhklvBgdbGf3lNfJ5_XSAs-Dz8/edit#gid=0

Last edited:
Congratulations @NateG119 - the winner of season 2 of the Pinball Office league!

The finals on Saturday was a double elimination, which was great fun with some very close matches. Well done to all the finalists!

Final results:
1. Nathan Garwood @NateG119
2. Pete Bennett @PAZ
3. Martin Bedford @SPLITKING
4. Matthew Halls
5. David Bowery @David_Vi
5. Claire Lickman @Lecari
7. George Bennett (U16)
7. Nick Clark
9. Dan Pocklington @DanEFC
10. Chris Boudi @Hiltoncriss

Attachments

• PXL_20230812_125105835.MP~3.jpg
    PXL_20230812_125105835.MP~3.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 16
Thanks @Lecari for another fun league and switching up the finals to be double elimination made them really interesting (even if it meant I had to fight off Pete twice! ;))

Looking forward to the next season, and can highly recommend the league sessions to anyone who perhaps has considered it but not jumped for it just yet. It's a tonne of fun, it helps you play better, and you'll often do a lot better than you think you might! It's 4 Pinball Office visits between now and the end of the year, and you get a selection of dates to choose from too :) what's not to love

Hi all, because it took a while to organise the dates I missed the September deadline for the IFPA (they need a min of 30 days). But I feel like, September is going to be SO busy and the Sept dates were a bit awkward, so maybe this will work out better for people anyway? (And I don't know about you guys but I think I need next weekend to finish recovering from Pinfest lurgy!!)

Season 3 dates:
7th Oct
28th Oct
4th Nov
18th Nov
2nd Dec
16th Dec

And, you only need to attend 3 of the 6 dates to qualify :)

Last edited:
Hi all, because it took a while to organise the dates I missed the September deadline for the IFPA (they need a min of 30 days). But I feel like, September is going to be SO busy and the Sept dates were a bit awkward, so maybe this will work out better for people anyway? (And I don't know about you guys but I think I need next weekend to finish recovering from Pinfest lurgy!!)

Season 3 dates:
7th Oct
28th Oct
4th Nov
18th Nov
2nd Dec
16th Dec
This is perfect. Every single date coincides with an Aston Villa away game which means we can do them all.

Congratulations to @NateG119 - winner of Saturday's league meet! He was closely followed by @DanEFC and @AndyB. Unfortunately Elektra had to be taken out during the afternoon session so only 7 games this week.

The next meet will be on Saturday 28th October!

Attachments

• Season 3 Meet 1 league results.PNG
    Season 3 Meet 1 league results.PNG
    427.8 KB · Views: 20
Just a reminder - the next Pinball Office league is this Saturday! (28th October.) Hope to see you there for some spooky themed pinball! ;)

Attachments

• Season 3 Meet 2 league results.PNG
    Season 3 Meet 2 league results.PNG
    472.3 KB · Views: 12

Season 3 dates:
7th Oct
28th Oct
4th Nov
18th Nov
2nd Dec
16th Dec

And, you only need to attend 3 of the 6 dates to qualify :)
Just a reminder - next league will be on Saturday 18th November!

And, I'm excited to confirm that the Pinball Office league will continue from January. The dates will be:
Pinball Office league dates - 1st and 3rd Saturday:
6th January (7 Jan - comp)
20th January
3rd February
17th February
2nd March
16th March
Finals - 6th April

We had a busy day on Saturday with our sixth and final league session in the morning - several people who had only attended 3 meets this season were desperate to get their scores in for 1pm, and there was lots of movement in the overall standings!

You can see the overall qualifying standings here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13I6y5P3URG5Jvy-sdACmyuW8Fmwyx6uA9bzZLB9PyS8/edit?usp=sharing

Pete led the table with an impressive 398 points, followed closely by Nathan with 397 - and Reece just managed to sneak in at 8th with 378 points!

In the afternoon, we had the finals, held as a double elimination bracket - a series of head to head games played as best of three, with the top seed choosing the first game (and playing first) and the lower seed choosing the second game and playing first. The third game, if needed, was chosen by the top seed. This made for some exciting games throughout the day!

You can see the finals games here: https://next.matchplay.events/tournaments/124877/bracket

The final was Reece v Nathan, with Nathan choosing Scared Stiff for his first game. The pressure was definitely on in this final round as Nathan won on Scared Stiff with just 4 million. Reece then chose NBA Fastbreak - a brave choice, as a few months ago he'd scored just 2 points on NBA in the league! Reece scored a very respectable 149, but Nathan just managed to squeeze by him, letting the ball drain when he hit 150 points.

Congratulations to @NateG119, @OTRawrior and @AndyB who came in 3rd. A special shoutout too to @David_Vi who was the only person in the finals to win a game against Nathan on the Shadow (David's pick)!

Thank you so much to everyone who has joined in with the Pinball Office league this year - as well as a huge thank you to @Hiltoncriss for letting me run events at the Office throughout the year. We had 18 people qualify for IFPA points this season (with the minimum 3 sessions). I look forward to seeing you all again when the league restarts in the new year on Saturday 6th January - and hope we can get even more of you along!

PXL_20231216_172604165.MP.jpg

Thank you so much @Lecari and @Hiltoncriss for another strong league season. Lots of work goes in to the sessions, choosing games, inputting scores, spreadsheets, planning etc and it's really much appreciated 🙏🙏 Doing the final as a double elimination bracket with game choices that can't repeat makes it a really fun strategy excercise and the final game against @OTRawrior was one of my favourite games in a final given how hard we both had to work on a game you don't play that often!

Roll on the next season, i encourage everyone to give it a go if they can!

Just a reminder - season 4 of the league restarts on Saturday! Book your place on the website to join in. This is also the last day that the upstairs room will be available (instead all games will be spread across the 2 rooms as before).

Full dates:
6th January (7 Jan - comp)
20th January
3rd February
17th February
2nd March
16th March
Finals - 6th April

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Congratulations to @DanEFC - the winner of the first league meet of 2024!

Next league date: 20th January

Hopefully I'll play a bit better next time...! 😄

Attachments

• 2024-01-06 Season 4 Meet 1.PNG
    2024-01-06 Season 4 Meet 1.PNG
    335.5 KB · Views: 17
Just realised I forgot to share the results from 20th January meet - maybe that was when the forum was down? Anyway big congrats to @NateG119 who was our winner, with @PAZ and @Jmac close behind :)

Attachments

• 2024-01-20 Season 4 Meet 2.PNG
    2024-01-20 Season 4 Meet 2.PNG
    434.3 KB · Views: 4
And here's the results from Saturday (meet 3 for this season) - big congrats to @DanEFC and Miroslaw who were joint 1st. This was Miroslaw's first time joining the league, following his tournament debut at the Office last month! Plus, well done to @OTRawrior who was first up until 16:55 when Dan and Miroslaw handed in their papers - amazing play all day, including getting to the wizard modes on Spider Man and Star Trek!

Overall Season 4 league results are here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oHCWW93CLbNL159sB-enDGc6wl6Z6E5N62Xe_sF3dtc/edit?usp=sharing

Attachments

• Pinball Office Season 4 Meet 3 results.PNG
    Pinball Office Season 4 Meet 3 results.PNG
    362.3 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom