The Most Important Innovation

What's the most important pinball innovation?

• Drop Targets - Flippin' Love Them

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Ramps - Bringing The Flow

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • DMD's - It's A Looker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Multi-Ball - Safety Through Numbers

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Modes - Something to Shoot For

• Deep Code - The HUO Dream

• Callouts and Sound - Hear Here

• Total voters

James

Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2017
Norwich
So - after my successful (hahahahaha) or potentially (more than likely) lacking last thread another one I was thinking this would make a great poll and again - hopefully a good, positive debate.

In your opinion, what is the most important innovation in pinball of those listed above? Please vote and explain your answer - always good to get some other views. I will post my reply below :)

OP
OP
James

James

Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2017
Norwich
For me it has to be ramps - the importance of ramps and bringing control back to the game after making shots cannot be understated - it is so important for me to a game. Without the invention of ramps I think any other invention by comparison wouldn't matter as there would be so little control in the game, it would be incredibly hard - look at EM's - lovely games sure, incredibly short ball time, modes and code would be blinking hard without ramps...

aaronhicksuk

Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2014
Kent
More seriously this is the second poll you've made that I just don't know how to answer lol. A game is a sum of it's parts, it needs to have more then one thing going for it to make it fun to play. All of the options you've listed above can add a lot to game, the real innovation is the way they are used imo. A game can have all of the features above and still be pants.