What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Monster Meet - PBR's 6th Birthday!!

New to tournament pinball and want to give it a go in a friendly environment against players with a wide range of abilities?

Up and coming player wanting to continue to rise up the UK rankings?

Humbled at the UK open and want a chance to play against players not named Lefkoff, Elwin or Ostemeier?

The PBR Monster meet is for you!

Let's make this a huge turnout and support PBR and UK pinball! Can we aim for over 50, 60 or even more players? A variety of exciting formats to choose from over 4 days, with a massive TWO 200% TGP matchplay tournaments at the weekend. 200% TGP basically means double the pinball action, double the ranking points available, double the fun! No matter where you finish, it will be worth twice as much as normal... don't miss out!

Test your skills against PBR's finest, including:

Matt "The Machine" Vince
Stan "the Man" Simpson
The no longer average Diane and Clive Bush
The alleged "best" brothers in UK pinball - ...and the Fowler brothers!
Brad "the Phenom" Attwood
The famous/infamous Neil McRae
David "TUX" Tucker

Armen Lloyd and Ben Leigh are also rumoured to be making an appearance...

Life is short - play more pinball! 😀

New to tournament pinball and want to give it a go in a friendly environment against players with a wide range of abilities?

Up and coming player wanting to continue to rise up the UK rankings?

Humbled at the UK open and want a chance to play against players not named Lefkoff, Elwin or Ostemeier?

The PBR Monster meet is for you!

Let's make this a huge turnout and support PBR and UK pinball! Can we aim for over 50, 60 or even more players? A variety of exciting formats to choose from over 4 days, with a massive TWO 200% TGP matchplay tournaments at the weekend. 200% TGP basically means double the pinball action, double the ranking points available, double the fun! No matter where you finish, it will be worth twice as much as normal... don't miss out!

Test your skills against PBR's finest, including:

Matt "The Machine" Vince
Stan "the Man" Simpson
The no longer average Diane and Clive Bush
The alleged "best" brothers in UK pinball - ...and the Fowler brothers!
Brad "the Phenom" Attwood
The famous/infamous Neil McRae
David "TUX" Tucker

Armen Lloyd and Ben Leigh are also rumoured to be making an appearance...

Life is short - play more pinball! 😀
@Jackpot this is one of the comps that counts towards UKCS is that right? So even if you can only make one tournament your total is divided by 4?

@Jackpot this is one of the comps that counts towards UKCS is that right? So even if you can only make one tournament your total is divided by 4?

Yes, but nothing big to worry about, I can't go to all of them either (at a minimum looking to come to both weekend ones) but even if you can attend one it will be a lot of fun. Just win the one you attend @AndyB 😉

Each comp is a standalone competition

Yes, but nothing big to worry about, I can't go to all of them either (at a minimum looking to come to both weekend ones) but even if you can attend one it will be a lot of fun. Just win the one you attend @AndyB 😉

Each comp is a standalone competition
I'm intending to stay over Sat night so can make the Sat and Sun, working for the others.
Looking forward to it mate 👍

Having spoken with Matt, and reading the concerns above, the UKCS component will only include the Sat and Sun comps, not the Thurs & Fri night comps.

This is to ensure that those who have to travel are not unduly penalised for not being able to attend Thu or Fri night, and yo encourage more people to attend.

The total WPPR pts earned for both these comps will be totalled then divided by 2 to give the UKCS score.

(All of the comps will be treated as individual comps for IFPA purposes).

Thursday - PinGolf - doors open 18:30 with finals at 10pm
Friday - Strikes - doors open 18:30
Saturday - 10/10 Matchplay - doors open 10am
Sunday - Classics Matchplay - doors open 10am
Is preregistration required?

Afternoon All,

After meeting some friendly PBR stalwarts at Pinfest (providing backing with Vin & Diane to Tony King's excellent rendition of 'Mirror Man'), my bro and I are keen to come down and join in - probably Friday-Sunday, and I'm just after some info/advice please :)

1) Recommendations on where to stay. We will come by car, so I guess we don't have to be right next door - assuming I can park near PBR? Just looking for somewhere reasonable but nice enough - if that is walking distance great. Hotel or AirBNB - whatever.

2) Do the competitions go on into the evening?
- If so, what do people do re food on the day?
- If not, then does anyone fancy a curry after? :)

3) Presumably once knocked out at qualifying stage, its ok to stay and play spare machines?

Apologies for the slightly naive questions!

Looking forward to seeing you all again.

Steve.

Last edited:
After meeting some friendly PBR stalwarts at Pinfest (providing backing with Vin & Diane to Tony King's excellent redition of 'Mirror Man'), my bro and I are keen to come down and join in - probably Friday-Sunday, and I'm just after some info/advice please :)
Oh god! Noooo! It's all coming back to me now!! :PMSL:

@Nickoss II has kindly setup the matchplay links for the weekend Main (Saturday) and Classics (Sunday) Monster meet 200% TGP tournaments.

Signup below on matchplay and reserve your spot at what is guaranteed to be a brilliant weekend of pinball! Also very useful for the organisers to help plan, gauge numbers, and speed up registration on the day:

matchplay.live/monster1010

matchplay.live/monsterclassics

Any questions let me know, or Nick, Matt or Neil.

Cheers - hope to see many of you there - let's make it a December to remember!

Afternoon All,

After meeting some friendly PBR stalwarts at Pinfest (providing backing with Vin & Diane to Tony King's excellent rendition of 'Mirror Man'), my bro and I are keen to come down and join in - probably Friday-Sunday, and I'm just after some info/advice please :)

1) Recommendations on where to stay. We will come by car, so I guess we don't have to be right next door - assuming I can park near PBR? Just looking for somewhere reasonable but nice enough - if that is walking distance great. Hotel or AirBNB - whatever.

2) Do the competitions go on into the evening?
- If so, what do people do re food on the day?
- If not, then does anyone fancy a curry after? :)

3) Presumably once knocked out at qualifying stage, its ok to stay and play spare machines?

Apologies for the slightly naive questions!

Looking forward to seeing you all again.

Steve.
Hi Steve,

Be great to see you!

There is a Premier Inn (The Collonades Leisure Park) about 15/20 minute walk away, with a great breakfast for an extra £9.99.
They include parking so you can leave your car there.
Limited parking at PBR at times.

People either bring lunch or pop up the road for food or the majority of delivery drivers on just eat etc know where we are!

As a rough guide the comps normally finish around 6/7pm, depends who’s playing which machines 😂

Yes you are more than welcome to play the machines when finished.

I’m sure there will be a few peeps who would be up for a beer/curry in the evening.

Hope this helps and looking forward to seeing you. Safe journey down!

Diane 😊🎤

I'd like to know why Matt doesn't feature on the featured image 😉

I wanted to include as many people as possible and was happy to miss out so someone else could be included. (I still had people disappointed they didn't get in)

Hi Steve,

Be great to see you!

There is a Premier Inn (The Collonades Leisure Park) about 15/20 minute walk away, with a great breakfast for an extra £9.99.
They include parking so you can leave your car there.
Limited parking at PBR at times.

People either bring lunch or pop up the road for food or the majority of delivery drivers on just eat etc know where we are!

As a rough guide the comps normally finish around 6/7pm, depends who’s playing which machines 😂

Yes you are more than welcome to play the machines when finished.

I’m sure there will be a few peeps who would be up for a beer/curry in the evening.

Hope this helps and looking forward to seeing you. Safe journey down!

Diane 😊🎤
Great info, thanks Diane. Will be lovely to see you guys again!

Steve
X

Having spoken with Matt, and reading the concerns above, the UKCS component will only include the Sat and Sun comps, not the Thurs & Fri night comps.

This is to ensure that those who have to travel are not unduly penalised for not being able to attend Thu or Fri night, and yo encourage more people to attend.

The total WPPR pts earned for both these comps will be totalled then divided by 2 to give the UKCS score.

(All of the comps will be treated as individual comps for IFPA purposes).
To keep consistent with the other multi-day events already included in the UKCS the Friday competition will now be included in the overall weighting. I.e. sum total of the 3 events on Fri Sat and Sun will be divided by 3.
Hopefully this now won't deter people from attending only the Sat & Sun, which was my previous concern regarding including the Friday comp. 🤞

The Thursday comp will not be included for 3 reasons.
Firstly PBR runs the Thursday competition every week.
Secondly the fact that the Friday comp is only an evening comp, expecting someone to travel down on the Thursday (likely having to take Thu and Fri off work) , and then have no pinball to play all day Friday is significant.
Thirdly - because Neil himself stated that it is a 3 comp event!
Screenshot_20231017_202556_Samsung Internet.jpg
Despite Neil publishing in the PBR Facebook group to the contrary.
I posted in there trying to correct him, and pointing out that he does not actually have any affiliation with the UKCS, he deleted my post and has barred me from the group, so I've no idea what is being spouted further.

He has also said, and I quote,

"Honestly run your bozo tournament in whatever way you want! But we we won’t be using anything of mine as part of it."

This will obviously severely limit the games being used over the weekend, but that's clearly completely beyond my control.

Reposting from other thread - this is going to be brilliant! Highly recommend the legendary PBR monster meets - I am there for both weekend tournaments this time and will bring James A as well at least for the Sunday.

Lots of folk signed up already on matchplay and I know of quite a few more who are coming.

If you missed out on the Tilt/Pinball Office - come along! If you played those and want more, come along!

Interesting formats in that you play 10x2 games mini series (one modern one classics) in the Saturday comp, each 2 game set with the same opponents.

On Sunday it's all classics - with 8 rounds of 3 game sets with the same opponents each round.

Haven't personally seen this format before in the UK - should be fun!

Playoffs will follow on both days for top qualifiers.

Also - a chance to play the great Chris Miller @Fantazia2 and more 😀

matchplay.live/monster1010

matchplay.live/monsterclassics

Back
Top Bottom