What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "How much is this table worth" thread....

Yes on the basis that the cheapest POTC LE on pinside is $20k and £16k here caused such a fuss, I would say the fact you can buy a TS CE on pinside for $10,500 must mean…..
I mean I was offered a POTC LE for 13k just last year. The advertised price isn't always the agreed price!

I woul have bought it instead of me buying Elvira, also people from Europe are buying this game, Williams amusements have sold a few games to Europe recently as I missed out on them

Yes on the basis that the cheapest POTC LE on pinside is $20k and £16k here caused such a fuss, I would say the fact you can buy a TS CE on pinside for $10,500 must mean…..
Regarding pirates I meant pirates on release didn't sell, you could pick one up for less than it's RRP, now it's highly desirable. I think in the future toy story might be looked back on in a great way, but might become difficult to obtained so might be worth alot, like pirates is now.

On the topic of Pirates, I'm in no position to buy one but only start saving for one, how much do you think a working Stern Pirates might be at?

Hard to value, not many sold, depends what version the LE maybe £13k 🤔 combine other people's comments and then roughly it will be the value. Great game, alot of fun. Might become the next pirates 🤭

Wonka and GNR LEs have been selling for £8-8.5k. Not sure the next game in the run is going to be £5k higher

I was thinking initially 8k'ish for TS4 . Based that on my last Wonka LE (£7750) and GnR LE (offered at £7800 - unsure what was accepted) and Hobbit (£7000 - really regret not buying the £5800 Hobbits donkeys ago btw!).......Wanted Ad in this text - Hobbit for sale - please pm me :)

I started the 'asking for a valuation' thinking TS4 might be cheap due to the fact that the Pinside (i know!) rating had it as the worst JJP machine. I'm a JJP fan and thought maybe it might be affordable now 😢 Wasn't expecting 13k sadly. Last one I seen for sale was last year and it was high 9k'ish and that had 20% vat included and it didn't sell as far as i can tell. Unfortunately this game is now off my wanted list 😢 :(😢:(😢

Last edited:
Wonka and GNR LEs have been selling for £8-8.5k. Not sure the next game in the run is going to be £5k higher
Possibly not, I was thinking toy story LE at £13, it was nearly £17k new, hence why few bought it. Toy story LE is a real one, the normal toy story much less, perhaps I'm way off with this 🤔 guns LE isn't an LE it's the equivalent of a premium. Not sure what toy story premium was called.

I was thinking initially 8k'ish for TS4 . Based that on my last Wonka LE (£7750) and GnR LE (offered at £7800 - unsure what was accepted) and Hobbit (£7000 - really regret not buying the £5800 Hobbits donkeys ago btw!).......Wanted Ad in this text - Hobbit for sale - please pm me :)

I started the 'asking for a valuation' thinking TS4 might be cheap due to the fact that the Pinside (i know!) rating had it as the worst JJP machine. I'm a JJP fan and thought maybe it might be affordable now 😢 Wasn't expecting 13k sadly. Last one I seen for sale was last year and it was high 9k'ish and that had 20% vat included and it didn't sell as far as i can tell. Unfortunately this game is now off my wanted list 😢 :(😢:(😢
I'm probably wrong, I'm thinking £13k for the actual LE they only made I think 500 it has an extra light show and stuff. The premium version is probably in this market 9k 🤷‍♂️

You might be right at 8k hmmmm perhaps my next game, the question is are there any for sale, I genuinely think no one bought it. (In the UK)

I'm probably wrong, I'm thinking £13k for the actual LE they only made I think 500 it has an extra light show and stuff. The premium version is probably in this market 9k 🤷‍♂️
I think the latest JJP NIB Godafther LE is £12,999 and Pinball Heaven had the 2nd hand TS4 up for sale including vat at 9ish

Last edited:
I haven't looked at pinsides ratings, I based it on playing on for a bit, it's a lot of fun.

I'm getting it muddled up, then it's the CE I've played, well I'm pretty sure it was 🤣
It’s dumb having different naming conventions between companies. CE can be classic or collectors edition so the basic or top model. LE the same now JJP don’t have standards.

The thing about Toy Story 4 vs Wonka, GnR etc is that it was much, much more expensive NIB - I think the LE was just under £14k and the CE just under £16k - and very few sold.

The one Pinball Heaven had up for sale was £9750 and had been on site for quite some time at Tilt and Retroids.

I doubt you’d find anyone willing to let go of a HUO one for less than £10-11k unless they were desperate to shift it.

It’s dumb having different naming conventions between companies. CE can be classic or collectors edition so the basic or top model. LE the same now JJP don’t have standards.

I misread the end of this comment at first, I thought wow I hoped standards had improved since Steve R went there :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: Jib
Does the initial purchase price actually have any real bearing on the second hand price?

Just because someone was willing to spend say £18k on a game NIB doesn’t mean other people value it at a higher price on the resale market.

For myself I’d simply value it the same as other games with similar features. In all honesty I’d value a Toy Story at a lower price than Dialled in etc.

Does the initial purchase price actually have any real bearing on the second hand price?

Just because someone was willing to spend say £18k on a game NIB doesn’t mean other people value it at a higher price on the resale market.

For myself I’d simply value it the same as other games with similar features. In all honesty I’d value a Toy Story at a lower price than Dialled in etc.

Well, for a sale on the secondary market you don’t just need a buyer, you need a seller too. The initial purchase price can have a bearing on the price that the seller is willing to accept - so if there are no buyers at that price then the sale doesn’t occur.

It’s like Stern Premium vs LE machines on the secondary market - they have the exact same features bar some minor cosmetics but LEs generally command a higher price. I’d argue that the reason is that they cost more in the first place.

How much do you think rarity value matters? Toy Story 4 is pretty fun, probably very fun for its audience (they apparently earn very well on location), but they apparently didn’t sell many in the UK.

Rarity isn’t always a good thing. Some things don’t sell simply because they aren’t actually that good. Lost in Space is rare but is never going to be a high value game. I spent years looking for a Sega Godzilla. Think it was £1200 when I found one. Which was the same value as pretty much all other C list DMD games at the time

Regarding sellers not accepting lower values. Well that’s entirely a decision for the seller. Who is in the stronger position? Personally my life is never going to be that much worse by not having a Wonker pin but if I’ve got no space and need to free up cash then holding out for a high price is going to be a problem if I want to sell one. Some people can afford to keep them and just store them. Others will need to get shot of it.

There’s a big risk of some very burnt fingers with the frankly insane NIB prices. For me no game (new or second hand) is worth more than 10k. If I was going to get anywhere near that figure it would have to be all bells and whistles. I certainly wouldn’t pay that for a Pro. How much did that GoG go for recently? It seemed to be competitively priced but even then didn’t fly out. I wouldn’t value a Bond at considerably more than that.

If anyone really believes that the original purchase price is the driver of second hand prices the I’ll gladly put in a bid for their house if it’s over 50 years old 😉

How much do you think rarity value matters? Toy Story 4 is pretty fun, probably very fun for its audience (they apparently earn very well on location), but they apparently didn’t sell many in the UK.
It didn't sell well in the UK for two reasons it was very very expensive, partly due to the exchange rate at the time and I suspect the cost of the licence formed part of this, there was a lot of negativity being toy story 4 and not the others. Its alot of fun to play unlike lost in space which was crap. Spending £14k + on a kids themed game is a big ask, especially when Godzilla was newish at the time.
Rarity value really only comes into play if the games good. no pin is worth the money they go for now, but like houses that where the Market at.

Back
Top Bottom