What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "How much is this table worth" thread....

That's a tough one! FLASH GORDON vs. CENTAUR!

For those of us of a certain age, the film version of Flash Gordon is a landmark event indelibly etched into our personalities as we recall the adventures of Blue Peter presenter Peter Duncan having possibly the shortest credited on-screen performance! I still enjoy watching the film. Soundtrack is of course awesome. So, the pinball machine instantly wins loads of cred because it looks great, but it's also a well designed game and great to play. Way cool...

But then there's Centaur, possibly the coolest looking dark side pinball machine ever made. Eerie black and white theme with red and green accents. Definite hints of Mad Max in the artwork and very cool speech sounds enhanced by the "Say It Again" reverb. It's also a bitch of game to play and has excellent multiball!

I can't decide between them! So... I'd have to have both. Centaur does get an extra bonus point for being remade as CENTAUR II (same playfield) with the kooky split backbox cabinet which I like. Will look great sat next to Mr & Mrs Pac-Man when I get that too ;)

mirror2.ipdb.org_images_477_Overall_view.jpg

That's a tough one! FLASH GORDON vs. CENTAUR!

For those of us of a certain age, the film version of Flash Gordon is a landmark event indelibly etched into our personalities as we recall the adventures of Blue Peter presenter Peter Duncan having possibly the shortest credited on-screen performance! I still enjoy watching the film. Soundtrack is of course awesome. So, the pinball machine instantly wins loads of cred because it looks great, but it's also a well designed game and great to play. Way cool...

But then there's Centaur, possibly the coolest looking dark side pinball machine ever made. Eerie black and white theme with red and green accents. Definite hints of Mad Max in the artwork and very cool speech sounds enhanced by the "Say It Again" reverb. It's also a bitch of game to play and has excellent multiball!

I can't decide between them! So... I'd have to have both. Centaur does get an extra bonus point for being remade as CENTAUR II (same playfield) with the kooky split backbox cabinet which I like. Will look great sat next to Mr & Mrs Pac-Man when I get that too ;)

mirror2.ipdb.org_images_477_Overall_view.jpg

I prefer Centaur and lucky to have one-tho,over time,a slight chance 8 ball dlx is better?

In my book Centaur scores over both EBD and FG by having multiball.

While multiball isn't the be all & end all of a good game, Centaur's up to 5 ball multiball and very cool method of launching them onto the playfield never gets old!

How much would a decent WHO dunnit go for these days? Kinda like the theme and the quirkiness of the thing whenever I've played one and always assumed it was at the cheaper end of the market but can't recall seeing one for sale anytime recently.

From a condition POV I'd be looking for something fully working with as little playfield wear as possible, but wouldn't have to be a minter cab-wise or anything.

Paid 3.7k for a 2nd hand one last year. If you can still track down a NIB I'd say about £4200. Might be worth seeing if Electro coin still have them

Hi all, firstly I hope this is good forum etiquette - my first post is about how much a table is worth...

We've had a Williams Dracula for about 10 years now and unfortunately no longer have room for it so are looking to pass it on. It was professionally serviced/restored after we bought it and since has moved from London to Cardiff.

It was a French table as the coin slot is for Francs.

I am by no means any pinball expert so not entirely sure what the goods and bads are of it but here goes:

Good
- It is 100% playable
- All lights and music/sounds work as intended
- It comes with the keys to access the front panel
- The playfield is in good condition (see bads below) and is unfaded
- No credit dot

Bad
- Some of the case decals are faded, particularly on the left side
- The legs have some light corrosion
- There are some minor chips to the wood on the back board
- The ball sometimes gets stuck and occasionally the ball search doesn't find it
- There is some cracking to the bottom of the playfield
- Some of the rubbers are starting to perish so will need to be replaced

That's about it really - anyone have any idea what this table in the UK might be worth and is this forum (or similar) a good place to advertise it?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• DSCN4161.jpg
    DSCN4161.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCN4162.jpg
    DSCN4162.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCN4168.jpg
    DSCN4168.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCN4172.jpg
    DSCN4172.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCN4176.jpg
    DSCN4176.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 35
Ballpark £1000 as is, more with a little TLC, BSD is a sought after title so I'm sure you will have no problem selling it esp if there are no mist ball errors not that they are a big deal, insert area may put a few people off, BSD PF's are prone to planking for some reason, TAF's are the same, saying that it does not look like graining, looks like it's been clear-coated and paved for some reason.

Last edited:
Looks like it's suffering moisture/sun damage. I'd still be interested have sent a PM

Ballpark £1000 as is, more with a little TLC, BSD is a sought after title so I'm sure you will have no problem selling it esp if there are no mist ball errors not that they are a big deal, insert area may put a few people off, BSD PF's are prone to planking for some reason, TAF's are the same, saying that is does not look like graining, looks like it's been clear-coated and paved for some reason.
Agree. Average BSD 1200 all day long, nice ones 1400+

Hi all. Any guidance on how much a nice refurbed whitewater will go for ? Or is it just that no-one ever sells them?
I'm kinda holding out for one to come up but now wondering if I'll be able to afford it when it does! Cheers Andy

Last WH2O I saw was a nice one at the last SC Slam. Good nick, with topper & played well.

Think it was around 1800 quid. That's a bit higher than average price-wise overall, but its a good price for a decent quality refurb.

As a matter of interest - How much would folks knock off a WH2O price valuation if it's sans topper? £100?

How much would folks knock off a Wh2o price valuation if it's sans topper? £100?

As much as possible ;) :D I'd probably say a bit more than a ton, whats the cost to replace it....70 quid for the plastic dome, £150 for the topper?

Dome is £100.... Plastic standup £40.... Decal around £300!!! (to replace)

Last WH2O I saw was a nice one at the last SC Slam. Good nick, with topper & played well.

Think it was around 1800 quid. That's a bit higher than average price-wise overall, but its a good price for a decent quality refurb.

As a matter of interest - How much would folks knock off a WH2O price valuation if it's sans topper? £100?

That was marks I nearly bought that but my machine didn't sell cuz it had decided to break :0(

I tell a lie.... IF they ever see the light of day... $219... Which by the time you add shipping, VAT etc....

http://www.twistedpins.com/products/?ProductID=72

I'm sure I saw these for MUCH more the other day... still... Expensive!

Dont know if those repros are ever gonna happen :/

Last used, faded topper I recall seeing on UK Ebay a few years ago def went for north of £150. Seen them listed in US for $300+ many times.

Back
Top Bottom