What's new

The "How much is this table worth" thread....

Original players MM

Proper COLORDMD

it plays without much issue but not restored in any way - no mods no LEDs

hope a load more dont suddenly fall out the woodwork like happened with MB

probably had 10,000s of plays - I am not the first owner - no idea and wouldnt trust the game counter anyway!

i think its worth ten gilligans islands ... and a pack of pork scratchings ... so not very much then!

what does the hive think?

20230702_140222.jpg
20230702_140044.jpg
20230702_140008.jpg
20230702_135949.jpg

MM is a much better game than AFM. they’re similar, but different. one soon gets boring. the other doesn’t. it’s the only time king arthur trounced the martians

Other way round for me . Always found MM a bit dull tbh . Much prefer AFM . Funny old pinball world innit 😁

AFM was first and was a great hit, that’s why Eddie was given go ahead to rinse..repeat.

Both great games, I prefer to play AFM,

Last edited:
Ok everyone, another one for the hive mind. This was my first ever pinball I’ve owned it for around 20 years but a machines come up that I’m really keen on so considering parting. Yes I know it’s not the hardest game or particularly deep but it’s FUN and the first anyone plays when they come round. Condition is pretty typical for one of these tables, marks on the cabinet and wear to the playfield, although from what I’ve seen of other Marios this one’s had a slightly nicer life. I’ve powdered coated bars and legs, comet leds, invisi, made some tunnels and toys for it and generally loved it!

Attachments

• 28493E3E-6284-4F10-AD81-D2ACD58E4DF9.jpeg
    28493E3E-6284-4F10-AD81-D2ACD58E4DF9.jpeg
    186.5 KB · Views: 65
  • 29F06CFE-E35F-454B-9AF4-1ED3016A0C1F.jpeg
    29F06CFE-E35F-454B-9AF4-1ED3016A0C1F.jpeg
    205.4 KB · Views: 65
  • C8C447BB-11FA-4DCA-BE86-38A8983EBB8C.jpeg
    C8C447BB-11FA-4DCA-BE86-38A8983EBB8C.jpeg
    165.3 KB · Views: 60
  • D4341EAF-0215-47AB-B96D-2D1D62D7EAD5.jpeg
    D4341EAF-0215-47AB-B96D-2D1D62D7EAD5.jpeg
    209 KB · Views: 51
  • 11C1E119-5B72-4A6C-B198-163C30D5517C.jpeg
    11C1E119-5B72-4A6C-B198-163C30D5517C.jpeg
    179.6 KB · Views: 62
Ok everyone, another one for the hive mind. This was my first ever pinball I’ve owned it for around 20 years but a machines come up that I’m really keen on so considering parting. Yes I know it’s not the hardest game or particularly deep but it’s FUN and the first anyone plays when they come round. Condition is pretty typical for one of these tables, marks on the cabinet and wear to the playfield, although from what I’ve seen of other Marios this one’s had a slightly nicer life. I’ve powdered coated bars and legs, comet leds, invisi, made some tunnels and toys for it and generally loved it!
@Dm16

Not sure on a price, but they always sell well because of the theme, don't come up too often and that looks in good condition. £4k?

4k for a Mario? I find it hard to believe you'll find someone willing to pay that for it, maybe on ebay if your lucky but unlikely here when you look at what else is available in the same price range.. Some real good games around the 4k mark, literally 100s of better titles so unless you find someone that loves the theme and has money to burn it's hard to see. I would have thought 2-2.5k was more realistic these days.

as said , PLAYERS condtion. not restored. not modded not LEDed . only improvement from original is proper COLORDMD

I have had it since 2016 (from Matt V) and was my first one. In the past I'd avoided them because always too expensive compared to ANY other games. I have had 6 AFM. I turned away a MM with UK added skill post wrecking the playfield for £500. We turned away another ex site at £1k because we were in Cornwall with a small van and took away a new old stock in box TZ instead. You can all fight over that when we are dead LOL

Back to this one
Troll got stuck on the league so Robin fixing that today. It has done that a couple of times - in 8 years! It has been to pinfest and EGX and has never had an electronic issue. Never had a coil issue. Ball jumps behind catapult wireform occasionally. Was ex site before Matt had it so number of games immaterail and unknown

Ive been busy at my PC all day. I have 44 games to go into secure storage (a lot of old tat that doesnt belong to me - that person is covering the cost) . if that has to be 45 or 50 or even 70 is immaterial. MM will only sell if I get a price I am as the seller happy with. They do not come up very often. the remakes dont come up either. I will hopefully replace it ONE day with a remake. But when will they be available? WHO KNOWS not me. Selling it for whatever i can get does me no favours. I have been offered 3k for Iron maiden and 4k for MBR in the last week but our nice Bride sold on eBay last week relatively easily for £3500 . Market is slow but desirable games sell.

I could send this MM to a restorer and make it nicer . Or absolutely mint. But that (obviously) adds cost. Then (sods law) a new run of the remake is announced and it drops in value.

It will go up for sale at the weekend. The price has to start high to allow for negociation. If the game isnt for you then walk on by. If it doesnt sell I will make the decision whether to throw the kitchen sink at it , offer for rental or stick in storage with the others. Like the Ark in Raiders. Under a blanket next to a ropey Gorgar and a pooly Superman.

4k for a Mario? I find it hard to believe you'll find someone willing to pay that for it, maybe on ebay if your lucky but unlikely here when you look at what else is available in the same price range.. Some real good games around the 4k mark, literally 100s of better titles so unless you find someone that loves the theme and has money to burn it's hard to see. I would have thought 2-2.5k was more realistic these days.

£2k will barely get you a trashed Popeye these days. I bet if it was listed at £3995 on Facebook marketplace it would be gone in 24hrs

£2k will barely get you a trashed Popeye these days. I bet if it was listed at £3995 on Facebook marketplace it would be gone in 24hrs

Disagree. There is a decent looking Maverick with large colour display and Pinsound sat unsold at just under 2.5 on ebay right now. Not the most desireable title for many I agree. But 4K for Super Mario seems wildly optimistic in the current market.

😆 someone’s ambitious or maybe number dyslexic
Leah recently informed me she had decided MB was her favourite out of the classic AFM/MM/MB trio.
When a couple appeared for sale I asked her how much would she pay without providing the prices. 6k was her response 😬 Didn't have the heart to tell her that we'll never own one then 🤣

Disagree. There is a decent looking Maverick with large colour display and Pinsound sat unsold at just under 2.5 on ebay right now. Not the most desireable title for many I agree. But 4K for Super Mario seems wildly optimistic in the current market.

Only one way to find out 😂

A comparable one came up only a few weeks ago on fb for €3000 (2500gbp) delivered in France and comments had to be turned off by the seller because people were taking the ****.. I'd imagine the same fate would await anyone brave enough to list a 4k one tbh.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom