What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "How much is this table worth" thread....

I played @Hiltoncriss’s amazing DI yesterday at The Pinball Office yesterday, and wondered whether anyone knew how much they were worth these days?

There was one sold in March this year for £7,500 (I think?).

Also, what’s the likelihood of a second-hand DI having serious issues (e.g. playfield)?
Looking at my notes these were the listed prices on here for these:

Dialed-In Standard - October '21 - £5950
Dialed-In LE - March '22 - £7500

Also, what’s the likelihood of a second-hand DI having serious issues (e.g. playfield)?
DI had soft clear (not fully cured) and some people experienced scratches. The trapdoor hinge tended to break and the left ramp had a tendency for the ball to hop off the end (there was a clear plastic fix added for this). The optos in the theater were made from spit, baling twine and rumour and fall out, some hot glue sorts this. I'd say 7.5K is fair, sold mine for 6 (LE).

The scratches- I don’t think it was the clear coat, It was the **** poor quality balls JJP had.

I swap all balls out when I get a new pin.

The trap door - yeah the flap snapped on a lot.
There was an adjustment needed under the playfield on the mech.

Had a few drones burn out, but PH sorted me
Spares.

Last D.I was mine.

£7500 - low play and immaculate, playfield no issues at all.

Think that was a bargain

I think it was a bargain too given how much some JJPs go for :) Although the Pinside view seems to be that DI is valued lower because of the unlicensed theme.

DI had soft clear (not fully cured) and some people experienced scratches. The trapdoor hinge tended to break and the left ramp had a tendency for the ball to hop off the end (there was a clear plastic fix added for this). The optos in the theater were made from spit, baling twine and rumour and fall out, some hot glue sorts this. I'd say 7.5K is fair, sold mine for 6 (LE).

Thanks 🥰 Given I’ve got some older pins over here, I’m comfortable with easy repairs (scratches excepted), but it gives me something to watch out for if I see a DI.

Hi, I'm really not up on pricing and this isn't a common machine to see past examples of so after a rough ball park for a Bally Heavy Metal Meltdown HMM.

Can supply lots more pics and info to be more accurate but wanted to just get an idea.

Works but does report an error sometimes on boot that relates to one of the rollovers that spell JAM (as far as I can tell).

Playfield has some damage which I've secured with some matt, hard, model making varnish. Apron has been broken and repaired in the past... looking at it my guess is this was due to the glass being broken at some point in its life. Legs need tidying up, I haven't done that yet, or the metalwork under the head. One side more faded than the other but all original.

I bought the manuals, schematics, Parts & Service stuff for £60 and these will be included.

I have done/it's had:

-stripped the playfield and cleaned up all the plastics etc.
-New balls, rubbers (although these are showing wear so probably wants some newer/better ones on)
-4x yellow Pinguard leg protectors (yet to fit)
-New backglass trim
-New shooter springs and tip
-New repro ramp from Freeplay40 on Pinside (original ramp still usable but has glued cracks and wear but will be included, thought best to get the repro whilst available despite the cost :-/)
-Repro keypad from eBay seller kratakrisk (original still there and working but looks its age so thought best to buy a repro for day to day use, especially whilst testing and fixing... navigating the options is painful enough, haha)
-AD7533 DAC bought from Mouser US to fix a speech problem; bought a spare which can include
-Mostly LEDs throughout now from pinball-led.co.uk (about £90 worth)
-Speakers in the topper were crackling and knackered so I bought new ones from RS, got them to the same spec but nice ones at £60
-6116/6264 NVRAM Battery Eliminator fitted (from dabbler51 on eBay)
-Replaced capacitors with new across all switches as they were a source of several errors showing up on the matrix
-New side rails from Pinballcenter GmbH at just over £100, old ones were too far gone and these really improved the machine aesthetically more than anything else. Sourced some tiny screws to fit them so they can be removed easier than the old fixings... may still contain tears from time spent removing the old ones :D
-Chrome t-moulding on the edge of the head... easy enough to put black on if it's too bling for the new buyer but I like it and think it suits the theme.
-Sprayed the speaker grilles with decent silver spray and touched up the woodwork on the topper with blackboard paint

Any ideas of a selling price appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_5809.jpg
    IMG_5809.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_5808.jpg
    IMG_5808.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5807.jpg
    IMG_5807.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5806.jpg
    IMG_5806.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5805.jpg
    IMG_5805.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5804.jpg
    IMG_5804.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5803.jpg
    IMG_5803.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_5529.jpg
    IMG_5529.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_5528.jpg
    IMG_5528.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_5526.jpg
    IMG_5526.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_5525.jpg
    IMG_5525.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_5524.jpg
    IMG_5524.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_5523.jpg
    IMG_5523.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_5522.jpg
    IMG_5522.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_5520.jpg
    IMG_5520.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_5519.jpg
    IMG_5519.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_5518.jpg
    IMG_5518.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 42
Hi, I'm really not up on pricing and this isn't a common machine to see past examples of so after a rough ball park for a Bally Heavy Metal Meltdown HMM.

Can supply lots more pics and info to be more accurate but wanted to just get an idea.

Works but does report an error sometimes on boot that relates to one of the rollovers that spell JAM (as far as I can tell).

Playfield has some damage which I've secured with some matt, hard, model making varnish. Apron has been broken and repaired in the past... looking at it my guess is this was due to the glass being broken at some point in its life. Legs need tidying up, I haven't done that yet, or the metalwork under the head. One side more faded than the other but all original.

I bought the manuals, schematics, Parts & Service stuff for £60 and these will be included.

I have done/it's had:

-stripped the playfield and cleaned up all the plastics etc.
-New balls, rubbers (although these are showing wear so probably wants some newer/better ones on)
-4x yellow Pinguard leg protectors (yet to fit)
-New backglass trim
-New shooter springs and tip
-New repro ramp from Freeplay40 on Pinside (original ramp still usable but has glued cracks and wear but will be included, thought best to get the repro whilst available despite the cost :-/)
-Repro keypad from eBay seller kratakrisk (original still there and working but looks its age so thought best to buy a repro for day to day use, especially whilst testing and fixing... navigating the options is painful enough, haha)
-AD7533 DAC bought from Mouser US to fix a speech problem; bought a spare which can include
-Mostly LEDs throughout now from pinball-led.co.uk (about £90 worth)
-Speakers in the topper were crackling and knackered so I bought new ones from RS, got them to the same spec but nice ones at £60
-6116/6264 NVRAM Battery Eliminator fitted (from dabbler51 on eBay)
-Replaced capacitors with new across all switches as they were a source of several errors showing up on the matrix
-New side rails from Pinballcenter GmbH at just over £100, old ones were too far gone and these really improved the machine aesthetically more than anything else. Sourced some tiny screws to fit them so they can be removed easier than the old fixings... may still contain tears from time spent removing the old ones :D
-Chrome t-moulding on the edge of the head... easy enough to put black on if it's too bling for the new buyer but I like it and think it suits the theme.
-Sprayed the speaker grilles with decent silver spray and touched up the woodwork on the topper with blackboard paint

Any ideas of a selling price appreciated.
I'd be guessing but a seldom seen pin with good theme...£1750 to £2250?

Reactions: cNp
Anyone know the rough value of a nice ( players) condition jackbot ?
I’ll be in the position soon to get my first pin, and really fancy a jackbot, so will be putting up a wanted add
just wondering what sort of money I’m looking at , 2-2.5k is what I’m thinking, am I close, or miles off ?
thanks

I’ll be in the position soon to get my first pin, and really fancy a jackbot, so will be putting up a wanted add
just wondering what sort of money I’m looking at , 2-2.5k is what I’m thinking, am I close, or miles off ?
thanks
Last one on here sold for 2.6 in February by the looks

thanks
@MajesticPinball was selling one not too long ago...

I think you should get a mint one for £2500
Or a player s one for under 2k it’s not a particular popular game
Chris on a similar scale what are your pricing thoughts on the whole trilogy please?

I have the Spanish pinbot but would love BOP and JB once I have the space. Garage conversions commencing shortly

Anyone have a view on the rough value of a nice CFTBL?

We’re interested in getting one at some point and want to in know how much we’d be looking at.

I‘m pretty sure it’s more than Fish Tales, but unsure how much.

I would say yes possibly more than a like for like FT but it’s now anyones guess at price the way things have been selling the past few month.
Thankfully I prefer the former anyway and no interest whatsoever in Creech

Anyone have a view on the rough value of a nice CFTBL?

We’re interested in getting one at some point and want to in know how much we’d be looking at.

I‘m pretty sure it’s more than Fish Tales, but unsure how much.
Creech has been punching above Fish Tales for years

Creech is so hard to reach the super it'll drive you insane. The 2 ball multiball is genius a move, any more and it'd be completely different game (worse imo)

Good luck getting a creech for 3k they barely come up and imo way more value for money than a FT
Bloody hell someone said 2.5k for FT and Creech higher! I have got an offer of 3.250 on a FT and more than happy with it and it’s a nice players condition not a super minty.
My guess is Creech tops 4k now and anything less is probably a bargain 😳

Creech is at least a £3.5k game with ColorDMD 4k. You can also go to town on mods for creech.

More shots and subways. It's a no brainer for me that FT is the inferior game.

At the trade show , Creech and WH2O were next to each other and I spent nearly all day playing whitewater but remarked that Creech due to the theming was going to be collectable in the future. Double nostalgia for the win.

Back
Top Bottom