What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold The Getaway HS2 Now Sold to Pinfo member which keeps it in the family \o/

Colywobbles

Banned
Site Supporter
Alias
Billy Big B*llocks
Another reduction for bump before it heads to eBay the place I love to hate!

Well in all honesty I didn’t really see myself selling this as it was a long term project on a pin I know so well and love however due to another recent incoming pin I no longer have the room.
I even did a long term loan on my TZ to try make the space but to no avail so here goes.

You can check my thread in shop logs to get some idea of the work carried out on a thread called “GetawayGetsawash

Needless to say I’ve spent a vast amount of hours on this so:

Here are the best bits:
A really nice playfield in wonderful condition I uncovered a hidden gem.
Full PF strip inc all metals and posts which have been polished and replaced
Underneath of PF cleaned inc all lenses, light boards and harnesses.
All 3 flippers stripped, cleaned and reworked inc replacing with new coils.
Full set of insert Premium LEDs £20 on top of superbright set
All GI replaced with frosted Cool White LEDs along with the flashers
Backbox has been LED’d along with a few colour ones to compliment the translite.
Full re-rubber in white to give it a cleaner look
Flipper Bat toppers which were 3D printed not just decals.
All original unbroken plastics with no dodgy mismatched repos
All boards clean and without any charring or hack returns whatsoever as well as a new CPU board fitted
DMD bright and strong with no obvious burn in
Powder coated legs in metallic black sparkle and contrasting cabinet protectors included
Original manuals inc a special edition cabinet version (see pic)

The super duper bit:
Every plastic 20+ of them has had a Flourecent protector fitted in Acid Green. These were made by myself as a labour of love with many hours of work involved.
This gives the table a really modern look and feel coupled with the LEDs

The not so great bits:
The cabinet has the usual battle scars due to it being an ex operator pin I guess noticing the updated coin mech installed.
The front of cabinet has the usual fade for this table however the sides are surprising still decent.
Backbox has a few knocks which I have not addressed but they are easy enough sort

I have had around 50 plays since doing the work and everything has worked flawlessly. If anyone wants to come view, play and stick their heads under the hidden bits they are more than welcome and I will include Tea, coffee or whatever beveridge takes your fancy.

All in all a great 1st pin to hone your skills and although not collector condition this is a super duper player condition one and you be lucky to find better at this price. I was using it with a ColourDMD which I’ve removed for the sale and the next stage for me was to add mirror blades and clean and tidy the cab up to finish.
Decals were never on my shopping list as it’s quite a drab pin anyway and IMO the money is better spent on the PF as this is where’s it’s at.

Thanks for looking

Col

Pics took in bright daylight with power off to show snot and all, then again lights out power on to show the bling

DD041335-B032-492C-B4F6-A8575E69F69F.jpeg

D5CBCEC8-C17C-4941-B394-5E27451C6B15.jpeg

24FC75CD-2235-404F-B2A1-A092D3F720EB.jpeg

C8710018-01F9-4551-933B-6765190E788C.jpeg

EDD92E75-A545-4095-BFD3-6BEAA3A5DA79.jpeg

978B47B6-54EB-4AB4-B0BD-59AD6E88C00E.jpeg

91A8C991-83B0-4F34-8BBA-C9F3D729560F.jpeg

98A4418C-E641-4D21-B403-95DDCC08A49D.jpeg

Last edited:
Col, Your plastics just perk that playfield up . Looks absolutely amazing. Really makes it look like a new pin.

Col, Your plastics just perk that playfield up . Looks absolutely amazing. Really makes it look like a new pin.
Blame this on the reason your IJ ones are still sat undone m8.
I lost the will to live doing these it took so long but the outcome was worth we’ll worth it hehe

I’m surprised this game doesn’t have more love. I genuinely have played this more than my others and they are double the price. The Getaway is an absolute bargain! Worth every penny. GLWS.

What a great price with all the work you put into it, looks a really nice one👍
Love it when the ball flies around that supercharger.

nice machine Col and great price and you plastics on it look FAB!!!! I will be after a set of these for my HS2 - do you have any ?

Cheers

kev

nice machine Col and great price and you plastics on it look FAB!!!! I will be after a set of these for my HS2 - do you have any ?

Cheers

kev
I have them all on file now so just pm me and we can maybe connect up and chat.
There are a few hurdles to cross to get everything to fit correctly.
Col

My brother has one of these - a great fast game... very addictive. Looks a very decent price too. GLWS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coos Hakvoort in Holland is you man. He does my printing of Backglasses and plastics. He can even do REAL MIRROR edges (not just silver paint) Take a look at Bally Bingo NL and look under for sale / Backglasses.

I've only just noticed that the promo display piece has 'gauge' spelled wrong on the dials, which bear the same artwork used on the slingshots

Edit - I may have noticed this mistake when shopping the ones at work, and forgotten in the meantime. Another case is down to the yankees having different spelling ; "Terminator 2 Judgment Day". And there are a few hidden in adjustment and bookkeeping entries, such as "Tripple Jackpot", "Poker Knight" and "Richochet".

Last edited:
Yes no problem however I will still have to put on eBay as it’s a £1 final fee offer and mon is the cut off day
It will be listed at £2200 or make an offer so I’ll get all the Pinball Leg kickers 1st anyway so it won’t go immediately

Col

Back
Top Bottom