What's new

The Flapper, Birmingham

Sebadude

Registered
I visit the Flapper every now and then to check the tables, last night they had Metallica Premium Limited Edition which I found great fun to play! Really easy to get into and of course a fun soundtrack, there was even a subwoofer installed under the table :) Fun toys too, the hammer that hits the ball through the playfield into a coffin was a particular highlight!

They also had Big Buck Hunter (based on the arcade game), which to be fair was more fun to play than it looked! I think they swap the tables every couple of months so I guess we could provide updates on this thread - makes for a fun evening going between Tilt and The Flapper on a night out!

Last edited:
Yeah as @Monkeyboypaul said, it's a bit of a walk but no worse than a typical walk across town - it's behind the library and a little further along, overlooking the canal, if that makes navigation easier. We managed to play the new tables at Tilt, head to the Flapper, then back to Tilt for MM comfortably in the space of a couple of hours. Played five new tables in all last night (the others were Fish Tales, Walking Dead and Scared Stiff at Tilt), quite a result overall! :)

Still Metallica Limited Edition and Big Buck Hunter, really enjoy the Metallica table as it's very easy to get into and play. And it has its own subwoofer! :)

Tables have been switched, now have The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit, both of which are also at Tilt I believe.

Oh no! Never knew about The Flapper until now, don't think its on pinformer? We often go to Birmingham just for Tilt and would have liked to have played a Master of Puppets.

Any pinballs that have been sited in The Flapper are up there with the best maintained machines and are always in immaculate condition. A real pleasant change to most pins i have come across on site over the last 20 years !

The Flapper now has Whodunnit and The Sopranos - I'd never seen the former in real life before.

They also had Ripley's Believe it or Not (again, one I'd never seen before) and CSI previously.

I've played some great machines here, I'm gutted the place is closing in the summer. 20180331_212336.jpg

Went a few months back and they had the Ripley's Believe it or Not and Cactus Canyon, both were in such ace condition and a right treat to find and play

Back
Top Bottom