What's new

The eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2024 thread

Tron LE up for sale on eBay. Seller is John Darby, Wall Heath Kingswinford West Midlands. He has owned it from new . I do recall he had it on site for a while at the Flapper in Birmingham. He did remove the chrome trim and replace it with standard trim while it was out on site before changing it back !

The old electric circus machine. Works fine. Has pinled displays if l recall.
Traditionally an unpopular game so he may struggle at his price now the boom has gone

I’m the highest bidder on this Bond thing for the past 24hrs but if someone on here desperately wants it, pm me! Otherwise we’re just driving up the price between us. I’ll bow out to help someone else if I’ve bought/sold with u b4. No point in us lot bidding each other up.

*EDIT* Doug Morrison from Glasgow is also bidding on the Bond so I have agreed with him that I will drop out of this one and that'll be one less person driving up the price for him. Hopefully Doug gets it and then I'll buy it from Doug when hes ready to move it on.
Awesome, hopefully it stays up in Scotland.

auctioneers estimates seem low on those,so perhaps a bargain to be had,but don't forget the auction fees on top will bump up the end sale price

What’s the chances of “reserve not met” on Tron LE? Quite high I guess.

Who knows, i used to know John D very well a while back. He has been one of the very few to put his machines up for sale and let them run to end of auction . Not many folk start their machines low on ebay and let them find their selling price so i don`t think he will be looking for anything unreasonable. I have seen Tron pinballs advertised at very high prices over recent years. IF you really like the game then i can understand why you might get carried away as they do not come up often. But lack of machines for sale doesn`t make it worth silly money ( whatever that is these days)

How much do you reckon for an above average looking Bally Space Invaders? One on marketplace, seller wants offers of £2500 up

If it's the one in Teignmouth, it's been listed for at least a couple of years (with the same photos) and they have not budged from offers over 2500... I think CoinOp King was selling a refurbed one for 2495 a year or two ago, that might be where they are getting their pricing from?

If it's the one in Teignmouth, it's been listed for at least a couple of years (with the same photos) and they have not budged from offers over 2500... I think CoinOp King was selling a refurbed one for 2495 a year or two ago, that might be where they are getting their pricing from?
More likely getting the price from this:

Probably thinking £2.5+ is a bargain for someone

There was a nice one on here before Xmas that the guy wanted 4K for. No takers and it had to drop to 3k on eBay for it to go. I’d consider taking the current one myself at 3k but imo 4.2k is way too much
That one belonged to Lee, I almost went for it.
If you are a Starwars fan you would of liked picking that game up, you might of got a chance to see the screen used R2D2 unit.
He builds them and is involved in the movies.
That’s him on the left, nice chap and we have him in this group.

IMG_1472.png

Other than Stranger Things maybe, that seems to be top price for 2nd hand newer Stern pros. DP, TMNT, GZ, GOTG, AIQ, Mando have all hung around unsold at £6500 ish.

I'm out on NIB games now. I can't afford to drop £2000 within 12months of buying a game. I'd rather wait 2 years and pick one up when it's already depreciated!

That rapid rise in NIB pro prices from £6500 to £8500 in a short space of time is killing the 2nd hand market atm

Last edited:
Other than Stranger Things maybe, that sees to be top price for 2nd hand newer Stern pros. DP, GZ, GOTG, AIQ, Mando have all hung around unsold at £6500 ish.

I'm out on NIB games now. I can't afford to drop £2000 within 12months of buying a game. I'd rather wait 2 years and pick one up when it's already depreciated!

That rapid rise in NIB pro prices from £6500 to £8500 in a short space of time is killing the 2nd hand market atm
Couldn't agree more. I lost £3k on a EHOH. Puts you right off buying new. The loss is just too much.

Surely this is just normality returning after the covid madness.

Buy a new car, lose money the second you drive it away from the dealer. Pinballs the same.

Surely this is just normality returning after the covid madness.

Buy a new car, lose money the second you drive it away from the dealer. Pinballs the same.

I never buy a brand new car for that reason. I'd rather buy one 3 years old with 20k on the clock for £10k cheaper.

5 years ago, if you spent £6500 on a NIB pro you knew you could sell it on for £5500-6k. No-one minds a bit of depreciation. But now pins are depreciating by so much you could have bought a whole other pin with the cash you've lost!

Was it normal to loose £2-3k on a pin before?

I don't think so 🤔
But the prices were artificially inflated due to unforeseen circumstances ie covid before.
There will always be losses on brand new items. The loss on nib pins is just a bit more obvious.
I dare say these same conversations are being had about a lot of different products recently.

Last edited:
If you’re trying to sell a pin that you can still buy new expect to lose at least 20% on it, that’s the rule of thumb i’ve always used.
Any higher than 80% of the new price and you might as well just buy new, surely most buyers would think that?

Once the production run ends it will be a different story, especially if it’s sought after.

But the prices weren’t artificially inflated due to unforeseen circumstances ie covid before.
There will always be losses on brand new items. The loss on nib pins is just a bit more obvious.
I dare say these same conversations are being had about a lot of different products recently.
That's the issue though NIB prices keep going up. Market expectations on the used prices haven't.

If people want to burn money like this I'm not going to stop them but surely we need to see NIB prices to come down?

That's the issue though NIB prices keep going up. Market expectations on the used prices haven't.

If people want to burn money like this I'm not going to stop them but surely we need to see NIB prices to come down?
Once the buyers stop buying only then will the prices come down.

Reactions: JMP
Back
Top Bottom