What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold The Addams Family - £6,500

andreaccs

Registered
I have an Addams Family machine for sale.

Features
It has a Cliffy chair hole protector fitted on the Fester out hole and sitting in the chair is an Uncle Fester model.
It has gold software installed.
The playfield is mylar protected
Original topper.
Very good original condition

There are no faults and all the lamps are working. There is some wear as shown in the playfield closeup (5th picture). Manual is a PDF

Cliff (Cliff.2499) from this forum came to have a look at it to help me value it. I am selling for £6500. Buyer to collect or arrange collection. I am in Berkhamsted which is 20 minutes from M25 junction 20, M1 junction 9 or Aylesbury. I work from home so viewings can be arranged for any day.

Thanks for looking
Andrea

2022-01-02_16-28-50_741.jpeg
2022-01-02_16-33-47_867.jpeg
2022-01-02_16-30-57_513.jpeg
2022-01-02_16-28-11_599.jpeg
2022-01-02_16-28-01_481.jpeg
2022-01-02_16-28-18_158.jpeg
2022-01-02_16-40-50_788.jpeg
2022-01-02_16-41-00_254.jpeg
2022-01-02_16-31-38_845.jpeg
2022-01-02_16-34-17_462.jpeg
2022-01-02_16-34-19_444.jpeg
2022-01-02_16-35-02_063.jpeg
2022-01-02_16-35-19_656.jpeg
2022-01-02_16-36-49_296.jpeg
2022-01-02_16-36-58_008.jpeg
2022-01-02_16-37-29_940.jpeg
2022-01-02_16-37-39_587.jpeg
2022-01-02_16-38-17_779.jpeg

Attachments

• 2022-01-02_16-38-23_170.jpeg
    2022-01-02_16-38-23_170.jpeg
    201.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 2022-01-02_16-34-55_179.jpeg
    2022-01-02_16-34-55_179.jpeg
    145.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 2022-01-02_16-34-52_166.jpeg
    2022-01-02_16-34-52_166.jpeg
    171.4 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Tempted. Could go with another machine for my meet in a few weks. But too rich for me. 🥺

Beautiful looking, dont understand the demand for the old game

Couldn't wait to get rid of mine. But lets face it, it's the one everyone wants. It was ground breaking with all the magnets back in the day. It's the shoutiest of all pinball machines. Too obnoxious for me.

N00b alert :hmm:

Based on the principle that my wife paid HLD £6.5k unbeknownst to me for a FG which was lambasted here for being £2/3k over "market value" I presumed with HLD listing TAF at £10k that they've actually sold a few at that price... £6.5k seems a reasonable price for a highly touted game 🙃

N00b alert :hmm:

Based on the principle that my wife paid HLD £6.5k unbeknownst to me for a FG which was lambasted here for being £2/3k over "market value" I presumed with HLD listing TAF at £10k that they've actually sold a few at that price... £6.5k seems a reasonable price for a highly touted game :excited
Dude. I have no words. Which is a first.

Tbf, same as such a n00b I'm clueless when someone is taking the p1ss or agrees with me
Ok, heads up...with me you can safely assume I'm taking the **** 99% of the time.

Is this a good value machine? Prices at the moment are crazy and somebody might well pay that much. But I would certainly want one that doesn't have mylar on the playfield and **** all over the coin box for that price.

Biggest regret in pinball so far was selling mine 2 years ago for 4.2k will never get one for that price again 😩 GLWS

Is this a good value machine? Prices at the moment are crazy and somebody might well pay that much. But I would certainly want one that doesn't have mylar on the playfield and **** all over the coin box for that price.
Coin box didn’t catch my eye but the shooter rod rubber did, that thing looks fried which begs the question how much TLC/maintenance has this particular game had.

My bugbear is how a legitimate seller can feel criticised when selling a game. Can any issues be asked as questions to the owner so they can answer them.

As for the age old question of why TAF (or any older game) is still popular, we do that on every thread about them. Some like it, some don’t. Doesn’t change the games value to those who want one. And if the new seller doesn’t like it, they can sell it on.

I'm sure someone will pay that for it in a world where they pay that for FG. I do have a question though. I'm genuinely really curious what's going on here: Capture.JPG

My bugbear is how a legitimate seller can feel criticised when selling a game. Can any issues be asked as questions to the owner so they can answer them.

As for the age old question of why TAF (or any older game) is still popular, we do that on every thread about them. Some like it, some don’t. Doesn’t change the games value to those who want one. And if the new seller doesn’t like it, they can sell it on.
Top call geoff people moan about lack of pins coming up for sale on here yet when a legitimate person want to sell something for what I think is a reasonable price with good pics and honest description he gets criticism no wonder people choose to use other options what’s to say this guy hasn’t another 20 pins he wants to sell

I have had two people text and phone me asking me if they should buy it. I gave them my honest opinion, due to the fact they both like more 'restored' condition games than 'players' grade, explaining the person who would buy this would just enjoy it and play it. Simple as that!

Would imagine that anyone could message the seller with an offer? It has photos, description and the guy looks honest and he is being totally up front.

If you want a machine that will end up like a Pinball Heaven restore, then go and buy a PH restored one. If you want one to mess about with for a few months/couple of years then grab a players grade.

New prices are increasing, thus used machine prices are too.

Top call geoff people moan about lack of pins coming up for sale on here yet when a legitimate person want to sell something for what I think is a reasonable price with good pics and honest description he gets criticism no wonder people choose to use other options what’s to say this guy hasn’t another 20 pins he wants to sell
People just need to understand that machines arent the prices they used to be, If it works for them then go for it - if it doesnt then move on... In General machines are a better deal on here than anywhere else - so either you go for it or dont (being aware that machines are still on the rise...

I viewed this machine a few weeks ago. In my opinion it’s in good original condition, fairly priced and accurately described by a genuine seller.

Whilst not a technical expert I have sold two TAFs in the last couple of years, including recently so have some real-life context.

Mylar may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but it has done it’s job, similarly TAF is a polarising game, but that isn’t something the seller can influence!

Exactly why the last two pins I sold were through you and eBay Chris. Not worth the debate and aggro of selling on here when there are serious people out there who want to make a deal. I think it’s quite rude how people chime in with derogatory comments on games when there are genuine people wanting to sell therefore the group misses out on quality games.

I have had two people text and phone me asking me if they should buy it. I gave them my honest opinion, due to the fact they both like more 'restored' condition games than 'players' grade, explaining the person who would buy this would just enjoy it and play it. Simple as that!

Would imagine that anyone could message the seller with an offer? It has photos, description and the guy looks honest and he is being totally up front.

If you want a machine that will end up like a Pinball Heaven restore, then go and buy a PH restored one. If you want one to mess about with for a few months/couple of years then grab a players grade.

New prices are increasing, thus used machine prices are too.
Exactly !
I did just that and really helpful honest guy.
I have OCD so as good as the playfield is for original with expected insert wear, I would have to put a new playfield in it so for me it’s uneconomical, but the cabinet, boards are all good and it’s very clean and I think it’s a fair price for what still is a brilliant machine with gameplay and features that a lot of newer machines don’t get close to.
It’s the machine that got me into pinball and I’m sure a lot of other people too.
I’m sure this will sell and thank the seller for providing so many great pictures and detailed description that a lot of listings on here don’t have and people even reuse pictures from the original listing when re-selling which I find shocking to say the least, so thumbs up to the seller here

Unfortunately your posting in a public forum so anything is always going to generate debate good or bad.

I got told I was nuts trying to ask 10k for my TRON LE ended up selling it for 15k when it was all said and done to a guy in the states.

But it’s funny seeing some comment on people commenting on a forum when they are the same people that will agree a price range then show up and try to undercut the previously agreed price range, wasting everyone’s time.

Doesn’t matter whether you sell on the forum or face to face some people just don’t know how to keep deals straight forward.

Just to clarify, I wasn't criticising in any way with my comment incase some did think it came across like that, I was just saying I regret selling mine. Adams is a game that's in high demand and I'd love one again but I can't warrant the price of them anymore sadly.

Back
Top Bottom