What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thank You.

Top guy Onze. An honour to call him a good friend.

There are loads of people that are generous with their collections up this way.
And then there's me, with most of my pins upended due to lack of space. Curses for getting into this hobby after buying a tiny house :(

I like the fact there are these local meets where people turn up and play some pins, really is what this is all about. Comps are great as a meet up but a social is so much more relaxing.

I love the fact that kind souls on here invite a relative stranger into their homes to play on their expensive toys.....

Thanks guys. Really appreciate it. :)

Sounds great guys ,shame I'm other side of Pennines :( ,but have put myself forward again to host league meet this season:rofl:

Nice one Dave.
Get Lorana to make a even "BIGGER" pot of that gorgous chilli.
Looking forward to it already.
D.

Sounds great guys ,shame I'm other side of Pennines :( ,but have put myself forward again to host league meet this season:rofl:
Dave, I need to do a weekend social meet. When I do you're on the list for sure.

Last edited:
Dave, I need to do a weekend social meet. When I do your on the list for sure.

Was thinking today you should do that before off loading any garage machines. Thanks from here too Andre and your patience with us getting out the door late in the evening. ;)

And I missed all the fun chasing a Black Rose which turned out all that glitters is not gold!
I am sorting a social play night at mine in a couple of weeks so if you are local enough to come you are welcome.
Cheers Adie

A great evening @Onze. Plus this is not just a mans sport, bring ya missus. Think marks hatching a new comp

Dave Sibson, who not only helped with by replacing some awkward components on my Power Board, thus moving my Blownwatch problems along a little, but did it in double quick time and actually, ****ing get this, shilled out for Special Delivery to get it back to me for the weekend, without me even asking for it.

That's what we call "going above and beyond"

I owe you a beer, or a beverage of equal value to the postage costs ;)

A massive thanks to johnwhitfield for inviting an almost total strange into his home to play on his collection. Some absolute gems there and it's doing nothing to help cure my addiction. I've now got a few more on my wishlist, including the Flintstones. STTNG impressed again and hitting those ramps over and over again is just so so satisfying.

Was also great to meet Tim Thornton. Really great to meet you guys and thanks again for the hospitality. I owe you a few beers John - or at least that's if you can manage more than one. :p

John has funny long hair hasn't he. He certainly has a fab collection, though I notice you didn't mention his JY or BBH. I those two are getting nearer the door every day!

Looking forward to seeing you both tonight at the pipeline

Well, we had limited time and Johns collection is pretty extensive. Some games didn't get a look-in unfortunately and two of those were BBH and JY.

Still quite fancy a look at JY at some point, but BBH is a bit of a strange one because to my mind the theming is much more squarely aimed at the US market. So far as i'm aware hunting isn't really that big a past-time in the UK (at least not big game hunting).

Thanks to Dan for coming along tonight and putting his Monster Bash on freeplay. My god it's so much more punishing than the Pinball Arcade version (and to be honest I expected it to be so).

Thanks to Geoff, Paul, John, Robin, Tim, Dom, Martin, Matt and a whole host of other folks who turned up tonight to play pinball, drink beer and just generally chill. Sorry to those I didn't speak to. Was awesome to get to play some real pinball (badly) and I might be tempted to nip into the Pipeline over the next few days to get a bit more practice in.

My only regret is that maybe I spent too much time on Monster Bash. Twilight Zone seemed ok, if a little disjointed to me and Metallica was a bit meh (seemed a little slow to me). But either way the mantra of 'any Pinball is good Pinball' rings true for me.

Thanks guys. :)

It was a good night Pete and great to meet you. It took so long to get there and I had to leave early that it felt all a bit of a whirlwind rush.
Thanks to Dan for putting MB on freeplay and Matt for keeping those machines running and getting a MM into a public place for us to play.

Cheers Pete, good to meet you too. It's a shame we were limited to 3 games in the end (ACDC and Xmen out of action, and some Bubba lookalike hogging the TZ all night) but always good to combine pinball with beer and social.

I watched Martin get 215M on Metallica but I'm still sure about the game: nice inline targets, silver ramps that for some reason reminded me of GNR, and it's fun to fry Sparky, but its no ACDC.

Hi all, bit of a newbie here and was wondering how you set up a 'signature' after your message ie. what tables you own and what you'd like?

Cheers,

John

Thanks Carl, I tried your link but just got this....
Pinball info - Error
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Maybe because I'm new perhaps?

I had a feeling that might be the case. Do you know when someone comes off probation, I'm a good lad, honest!

I had a feeling that might be the case. Do you know when someone comes off probation, I'm a good lad, honest!

Great, it's letting me do it now. I can now tell everyone about my amazing collection of one machine! Cheers everyone for you help, wherever you are:)

"probation" doesnt exist any more - Thanks for the reminder - I'll shift those on "probation" into "members" tonight :)

Based on his signature i'd say he's got a DESW. :)

Don't be dissing the Popeye or you'll have Grizz on your case. ;)

Back
Top Bottom