What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thank You.

Always good to assist with more games coming back to life :)

The interesting thing here was the rottendog ppd board needed around 10 fuse holders replacing because they had been installed backwards at the factory. meaning the fuse wasn't been held correctly .... If you have one then i would check this.

What does it do?
According to stern ..

When using the Genuine Authorized Stern Shaker Motor Kit #502-5027-01 on Spike 1 and Spike 2 system games, it is required that the Cabinet Node Capacitor Kit be installed. This additional capacitor prevents mysterious SLAM TILT switch activations from occurring.

Only needed on older cabinet node boards apparently.

According to stern ..

When using the Genuine Authorized Stern Shaker Motor Kit #502-5027-01 on Spike 1 and Spike 2 system games, it is required that the Cabinet Node Capacitor Kit be installed. This additional capacitor prevents mysterious SLAM TILT switch activations from occurring.

Only needed on older cabinet node boards apparently.
What counts as older? If I ever get round to getting a shaker for GZ, am I likely to need one?

A massive thanks to @Fubar for delivering me a new (to me) pinball today and taking away my old one. ;) - My vote is we forcibly change your name to Martin and make it official ;)

This additional capacitor prevents mysterious SLAM TILT switch activations from occurring.

'for older Stern games', in this case with Spike hardware..

The reverse seemed to be the case with my old-time Stern 'Ali' games; weirdness with the Bally-type switch matrix saw false tilts with capacitors fitted to some switches. I recall seeing it happen with Meteor, too.

Last edited:
Big big big thanks to Jim King

He welded my Mando ramp to the upper playfield

Then he also welded my magnet can for JM's hand! then also treated the metal so looks better than new!

If anyone needs any metal parts sorting let me know and i'll speak to Jim for you

Huge thanks to @Colywobbles for lots of great pieces for my JP2. Particularly for sending me 4 different options for a little rectangular piece of plastic I asked for as a light diffuser for a mod I had bought. I had already been a right royal pain asking for this that and the other. At the last minute I asked if he could make a small rectangular red piece. I explained what it was for. Not only did he add it, (offering for no extra cost - not accepted), when the package arrived he had made it in 4 different shades of red to make sure it worked. The man is both very very clever and very very lovely.

Thank you so much @Colywobbles

Many thanks to @Colywobbles for making my WIP Demo Man look cool :D

Not only did he not question my ludicrous requests but he went above and beyond. Yes they may only last 1 game but What a game that will be 😂

Just a test fitting to see how they look, still lots of work to do yet.

View attachment 234391
Haha! Exactly my experience too! How does he put up with us? 😂

Belated thanks to Sgt Grizz - many moons ago he kindly sent me a 'mod' for TZ all FOC. After a recent rediscovery it is now proudly installed - before and after below. Many thanks - much appreciated!

Attachments

• TZ Before!.jpg
    TZ Before!.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 20
  • TZ After!.jpg
    TZ After!.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 19
Back
Top Bottom