What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terminator 2 (T2) rom advice

strongs

Site Supporter
Hi all,

Recently acquired a T2 with L3 rom installed. I was just wanting to know what the differences are between L3 and the most recent L8 rom?

Can anyone share their experiences and give me some guidance in regards to the best rom to use?

I hear there is also a profanity rom available? Was this an official release? again, any advice appreciated.

Scott

Hi all,

Recently acquired a T2 with L3 rom installed. I was just wanting to know what the differences are between L3 and the most recent L8 rom?

Can anyone share their experiences and give me some guidance in regards to the best rom to use?

I hear there is also a profanity rom available? Was this an official release? again, any advice appreciated.

Scott

If you want the profanity ROMs PM me, I have a spare set I'd be willing to sell. I had these in my T2 for maybe 2 months then I got a Pinsound Board which meant I had to put the original game roms back in. I could'nt say whether they are official, they have big golden stickers with 'Official Williams Product' on them (I think, from memory) but that could easily be forged.

Basically all they do is add an option in the menu for the profanity to be turned on or off, and the gameplay difference is when you shoot the mystery hole there is sometimes an option that says 'F*ck you assh*le' with the soundbite from the film. It's pretty entertaining! I imagine they also come with the latest revision rules.

Hi @Archyta5 I think I'll pass on the profanity roms but thanks.

I am however interested in these Pinsound boards...from what I understand they allow you to flip between the original sounds / music to alternative sounds and OST music?

http://www.pinsound.org/

Check it out, expensive bit of kit but basically with the software you can remix whatever soundtrack you like into the machine. I got one for my T2 and there is a custom re-done audio which is basically like the games original music but 'beefier' (better base and sounds much more modern). There are a few mixes people have made.

Flipper fidelity also sell a Pinsound speaker set specially made to go with this board I believe.

Board itself is very easy to install and runs off USB, you can load up multiple soundtracks and flick between them. There is a thread here called which I can't find at the moment more in depth about it, but have a look.

If you're ever in the area you're welcome to drop by and look at mine in my T2, we are pretty close I think!

Awesome. Would love to get some original Terminator 1 music in there it's a much darker OST in my opinion.
"Burnin in the third degree" from the Night club scene would be cool.

So what does the L8 ROM give you, is there anywhere that lists the changes?

So what does the L8 ROM give you, is there anywhere that lists the changes?

I've looked briefly online and I couldn't find anywhere that states the differences. But there must be some differences otherwise they wouldn't of revised it I guess.

@Paul also patched the rom for me making it more LED friendly :)

Will burn one at some point, found the patching software too.

Back
Top Bottom