What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Terminator 2 (T2) Nice Example.

strongs

Site Supporter
Only selling due to buying my Tron last week. I'll regret selling this but I can't justify more than one pin at the moment.

This is a nice example of a T2. A playfield refurb was done approximately 4 years ago. Lots of new plastics and refurbished metal parts.

LED's are mainly Premiums for the inserts and frosted for the GI including the back box.

A few tasteful mods including chrome light up T1000, blue LED strip at the back of the playfield which gives nice UV glow on the reds used on the plastics. LED lights behind the T800 eyes on the left ramp.

New hunter ship, new skull, new right ramp plastics, various new lane plastics, new pop bumper plastics, new Star point plastics and various other new plastics.

New reproduction apron decals.

The metal work is exceptionally clean right down to the nuts and bolts.

All the rubbers are clean and have lots of life left in them.

Red leg protectors.

CPU chip insert is an overlay.

Flippers / all solenoids are nice and strong.

Photos were taken by me last year, everything is the same except I have removed the chrome shooter lane cover as I didn't like it.

Based on recent eBay sales of some rough T2's - £2250

Located in Leicestershire.

i23.photobucket.com_albums_b372_acidburn7683_Terminator_202_20Pinball_IMG_2362_zpsdidnydna.jpg

i23.photobucket.com_albums_b372_acidburn7683_Terminator_202_20Pinball_IMG_2351_zpsgglhvvde.jpg

i23.photobucket.com_albums_b372_acidburn7683_Terminator_202_20Pinball_IMG_2350_zps2hhfbfas.jpg

i23.photobucket.com_albums_b372_acidburn7683_Terminator_202_20Pinball_IMG_2344_zps07h8fihh.jpg

i23.photobucket.com_albums_b372_acidburn7683_Terminator_202_20Pinball_IMG_2343_zpsoqsdj3nb.jpg

i23.photobucket.com_albums_b372_acidburn7683_Terminator_202_20Pinball_IMG_2346_zpsni9gtby4.jpg

i23.photobucket.com_albums_b372_acidburn7683_Terminator_202_20Pinball_IMG_2354_zps7xnv6w8l.jpg

Definitely looks very tidy dude, good luck with sale.

A year ago you'd have been getting all sorts of pinball policemen questioning your coin, but nowadays it's a sellers' market and good quality pins don't hang around long: prices set themselves, too low (like the SM the other day) and a feeding frenzy ensues, too high and a game will wait a while before dropping into its price zone, who's to say that T2 isn't now a 2-2.5K game.

A year ago you'd have been getting all sorts of pinball policemen questioning your coin, but nowadays it's a sellers' market and good quality pins don't hang around long: prices set themselves, too low (like the SM the other day) and a feeding frenzy ensues, too high and a game will wait a while before dropping into its price zone, who's to say that T2 isn't now a 2-2.5K game.

Thanks Dan, I totally agree. I always keep an eye on the prices of the pins I own. In the last year I've seen some pretty rough untouched examples go for just tipping over £2k. T2 doesn't come up for sale often, it's an excellent theme and an excellent game.

Lovely looking game. Love me some T2. If only I had the spare cash right now. Good luck with sale

Collected today. For reference this sold for £2100 - bare in mind for future sales the playfield had A LOT of new parts.

Bargain . T2 looks like becoming another TAF on eBay - a very average one is flying at the moment

Agreed. The game isn't everybody's cup of tea but I loved it. Solid movie, certainly in my top 10. I'd like to see a Stern remake someday.

View attachment 46394

I guess posting at 4.31am is the reason you are writing off The Terminator ... stone cold classic of the genre ..as garbage :cuckoo::D

No you're misunderstanding what I said READ the conversation I was having! I don't want a remake of the movie! We were talking about pinball machine remakes!

Let me phrase it CLEARER. I'd like to see Stern do their own version of Terminator 2 or even a 'The Terminator' machine (That's what I meant by original movie)

It's the new films I can't stand anything after Terminator 2 was garbage.

Last edited:
No you're misunderstanding what I said READ the conversation I was having! I don't want a remake of the movie! We were talking about pinball machine remakes!

Let me phrase it CLEARER. I'd like to see Stern do their own version of Terminator 2 or even a 'The Terminator' machine (That's what I meant by original movie)

You're right about the films, but T3 pretty much is Stern's remake of the T2 pin. The shot layout is very similar and it has Terminators all over it!

Ok.

no NEED to SHOUT though :)

You're right about the films, but T3 pretty much is Stern's remake of the T2 pin. The shot layout is very similar and it has Terminators all over it!

Yeah it's definitely very close to the original T2 game but I'm talking about a completely new version. Like nothing that has been done before. Kinda like the new Alien table for example but a Terminator theme.

Ok.

no NEED to SHOUT though :)

Sorry I didn't mean to shout. Terminator is just one of my all time favourite movies so I didn't want anyone to think I was 'writing it off' is how you worded it.

T2 blew everything else away on site and lead the way for the 90s boom. the pin and vid were both out on site before the film was released. WMS got it spot on. something they couldn't repeat with SWEP1

unless you're a Terminator super fan it may not be the best stand alone machine in the world but its great for a quick blast

Strongs was a good buy as most were total wrecks by about 1994 so hard to find good survivors

i'd guess its one of the 10 best selling games ever in the UK but they are not as common as they should be as 100s went for export in the late 90s

Brilliant theme and a good game. Not alot to do on it though. Left right left right. Needs to be in a larger collection. Unfortunately I don't have the funds or the space to make that possible.
I don't however think it should have a remake. Terminator should be left in the 90s

Hi I'm looking to sell my STTNG pinball but I can't see how to list it on here. Any advice would be appreciated. All the best from Rob

Back
Top Bottom